Fabulous lunch at The Porch on The Reflection

Travrat

Just wanted to share a great experience we had at lunch in The Porch. Numerous appetizers and raw bar items to choose from. Excellent service and a beautiful view overlooking the sea made it that much better. Highlights were the snapper ceviche, Piri Piri shrimp (just delicious) and the branzino with capers, olives and tomatoes. My husband enjoyed the tuna tartare and lobster roll. Lobster bisque not as good as the one at Murano.

2 hours ago, 39august said:

What was the cost per person, please? And what was the cost for the seafood tower, if you recall?

It cost $30 pp + $15 additional for the seafood tower. $15 for 2 not per person. I thought it was well worth it for a nice leisurely sit down lunch on a sea day.

I think it might have been available Port and sea days. We ate there on a sea day. They make it difficult to get a reservation 

They day it’s booked when you call reservation # on cruise but it is half empty. I guess they just don’t have enough staff which is not right seeing as though there are so few sit down lunch options 

Try making reservation on app prior to your cruise 

• Like 1

We also enjoyed a meal at The Porch on our last Reflection cruise while watching Greek islands pass by. We enjoyed the Seafood Tower (cold lobster, mussels, shrimp, scallops, and seafood salad) as an appetizer followed by lobster bisque and a lobster roll. The mussels are the tastiest I've ever had and everything else was also quite good. Most passengers never find The Porch which is hidden on Deck 15 next door to The Lawn Grill Club. Seek it out if you like seafood. For just $30, you'll be glad you did.

Most of the restaurants are located on Deck 5. Lawn Club Grill and The Porch are on Deck 15. While the food in the Main Dining Room was quite good, we ate at the Lawn Club Grill and The Porch as a change of pace. The cover charges run $15 to $50, but discounts of 10% to 50% can be found most nights at one or more of the venues --- depending upon the current bookings. You'll find representatives from the restaurants each morning outside of the Oceanview Cafe on deck 14 at breakfast and sometimes at lunch. Ask them about any available discounts.