Any changes to bring onboard beverage policy in Los Angeles?

Itried4498

On Thursday we'll be taking our first cruise with Princess, out of Los Angeles on the Crown Princess.  I've read plenty of recent trip reports and there's been some conflicting information reported: is there now a limit on the number of canned beverages each person may bring on board?  Are bottles still accepted (specifically water)?  One poster mentioned he was requested to toss his bottled water out at the port terminal.  Any other recent experiences?  I searched but couldn't find this information on Princess' website.  Thanks!

Thank you!

They say - canned - not plastic bottles, and max is supposed to be 12 per person (a case of soda or similar), and it has to be in your carryon or in your hand (so to speak).  We brought on 2 12 packs in Nov at Pt Everglades, we just carried them in our hands, and had no problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

On Thursday we'll be taking our first cruise with Princess, out of Los Angeles on the Crown Princess.  I've read plenty of recent trip reports and there's been some conflicting information reported: is there now a limit on the number of canned beverages each person may bring on board?  Are bottles still accepted (specifically water)?  One poster mentioned he was requested to toss his bottled water out at the port terminal.  Any other recent experiences?  I searched but couldn't find this information on Princess' website.  Thanks!

Thank you!

No bottles allowed.  Clearly says this on the Princess website. 

I don't believe anyone so far has been turned away trying to board with bottles- plastic or glass. We just boarded with 3 one liter bottles each in ft Lauderdale and they didn't question it.

We'll be doing it again in a few more days.

21 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I don't believe anyone so far has been turned away trying to board with bottles- plastic or glass. We just boarded with 3 one liter bottles each in ft Lauderdale and they didn't question it.

We'll be doing it again in a few more days.

We boarded on Thursday.  We didn’t try to bring any bottles, but at the cruise terminal there were signs indicating bottles were prohibited and tons of abandoned bottles (just singles though).

1 hour ago, Itried4498 said:

We boarded on Thursday.  We didn’t try to bring any bottles, but at the cruise terminal there were signs indicating bottles were prohibited and tons of abandoned bottles (just singles though).

Scare tactic I guess.

There were signs in Ft Lauderdale that I saw.

I'll let you know on Thursday. 

• Like 1

There were several signs in San Pedro, and tons of abandoned single bottles.  HOWEVER… I noticed when getting off the ship on Kauai late this morning that many passengers were taking their own bottled water to the beach, and they were brands Princess doesn’t sell (e.g. store brands including Kirkland, Ralph’s, Fry’s, etc.), so I’m thinking you’re right.

• Like 1