B2B and rat test

Flojoe8

Hi there all, question please. We are cruising b2b at end of the month.(actually next week 😱)  Quantum. 9 nights South Pacific then 7 nights Qland coast. 
I know about the rat test prior to boarding but this is about the 2nd cruise and what is done onboard prior. 
I have heard conflicting information as to what happens Re rat test as from what I can gather different ships have different procedures in place. Is it correct that on our last day we go to medical centre and get a rat done and if positive, off the ship in the morn and no 2nd cruise? 
thanks heaps in advance 😃

Lots of conflicting information, as the ships are doing lots of conflicting things.

East Coast protocols require you to test on your last sea day for your following cruise. Early doors, the few ships operating were doing that. Now some do, some don't, others test everyone because of elevated levels.

I think that many passengers would not volunteer for a test for their B2B, especially if they are starting to get symptoms, and would prefer to wait till the 2nd cruise is underway before testing positive. I guess that depends on whether they want to be disembarked and return home.

We are doing a B2B in January, and because they are insisting we get off, and back on again (both international cruises) we will do our own 2nd rat while we are off in Sydney.  Like all other passengers on the 2nd cruise will do anyway.  You cant have it both ways if they insist we get off, then we will do our own rat, if they let us stay on, then we will test on the last day of the first cruise.

17 minutes ago, KylieHva said:

We are doing a B2B in January, and because they are insisting we get off, and back on again (both international cruises) we will do our own 2nd rat while we are off in Sydney.  Like all other passengers on the 2nd cruise will do anyway.  You cant have it both ways if they insist we get off, then we will do our own rat, if they let us stay on, then we will test on the last day of the first cruise.

We are the same , apparently we have to get off as well.
But for the first cruise the rat has to be done the day before so doing another rat once off and before back on again wouldn’t be right would it? (Time wise) 
technically , we are 1 international (South Pacific) then domestic (Qld) we just need to hear from someone I guess that has actually done it and if it is correct that you have to go to medical 😠

This is our last day of a South Pacific cruise, so we have to get off the ship for 2 hours tomorrow. We have been given transit passes which we have to show along with our passports to expedite our embarkation for the next cruise. No mention of a RAT requirement.

2 minutes ago, traveldayz said:

This is our last day of a South Pacific cruise, so we have to get off the ship for 2 hours tomorrow. We have been given transit passes which we have to show along with our passports to expedite our embarkation for the next cruise. No mention of a RAT requirement.

Oh wow, that’s awesome 👏

Which ship are you on traveldayz? 

p.s. hope you are having a wonderful cruise. Where is your next cruise to ? 
Fiona

😃

2 minutes ago, Flojoe8 said:

Oh wow, that’s awesome 👏

Which ship are you on traveldayz? 

p.s. hope you are having a wonderful cruise. Where is your next cruise to ? 
Fiona

😃

We are on the Majestic Princess and having a great time. The next trip is to New Zealand. There have been very few reported cases onboard this trip, and less coughing and sneezing in public that I have ever seen on a ship

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, traveldayz said:

We are on the Majestic Princess and having a great time. The next trip is to New Zealand. There have been very few reported cases onboard this trip, and less coughing and sneezing in public that I have ever seen on a ship

Well that’s sounds very positive. Fingers crossed then if Princess don’t do it RCCl won’t either 🤷‍♀️ But I did read where b2b passengers had to do the rat at medical on last day

Thanks again for info and enjoy your next cruise. 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KylieHva said:

Actually the requirement is negative RAT within 24 hours, so you could test 20 minutes before getting on the boat and you would be fine.

That makes sense but have heard that you have to go to medical day before arriving back

to have rat (with Rccl anyway) have not heard that when off after arriving back that you can do one yourself before embarking again. Hence why I wanted to hear from someone that’s cruising Rccl ) who are you cruising with? But as another cruiser said above who is on Princess they didn’t have to 🤷‍♀️ And you would think Princess would be quite strict with it? So maybe I have been misinformed. 
Fiona 😃

2 hours ago, Flojoe8 said:

Well that’s sounds very positive. Fingers crossed then if Princess don’t do it RCCl won’t either 🤷‍♀️ But I did read where b2b passengers had to do the rat at medical on last day

Thanks again for info and enjoy your next cruise. 😃

Self-administered RAT tests have been required at times but I am dubious that any ship would require passengers to go to the medical centre to have a RAT test. There would be too many people there at once and it would be an ideal setting for spreading the virus. Your post at the start of this thread is the first I have heard this option mentioned and you put it as a query.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Self-administered RAT tests have been required at times but I am dubious that any ship would require passengers to go to the medical centre to have a RAT test. There would be too many people there at once and it would be an ideal setting for spreading the virus. Your post at the start of this thread is the first I have heard this option mentioned and you put it as a query.

It’s  only for passengers doing b2b so guessing there wouldn’t be many. Anyway, hopefully I am over thinking it all and have been Mis informed but the person that mentioned it has been on 30-40 cruises so they know the ins and outs of most cruise related topics. 

Just now, Flojoe8 said:

It’s  only for passengers doing b2b so guessing there wouldn’t be many. Anyway, hopefully I am over thinking it all and have been Mis informed but the person that mentioned it has been on 30-40 cruises so they know the ins and outs of most cruise related topics. 

I have been on more than double the 40 cruises mentioned, bit all except three were pre-COVID. I know the ins and outs of most cruise-related topics, but the protocols regarding testing etc for COVID have been changing over the months. The only way to know for sure, is to wait and see what is required for your cruise.

• Like 1

Did a B2B back in October with Carnival, we had a lot of people doing a B2B on our cruise. Got a letter half way through the cruise asking for me to show up, last sea day in the Comedy Club lounge, at a set time, with mask & practice safe distancing.. This was back when mask wearing was voluntary. When I got there, their was around 20 people in front of me, they called us over individually behind a screen & a doctor gave us a test to do in full view. I got delayed testing for 5 minutes as the doctor had found a positive test & called (Phoned) back those passengers to retest.

It was a in your nose test. Just did the test & was told to go on my way & would be notified if I tested Positive only.. 

I found out the other couple had a false positive. 

I didn't get notified so was able to do next cruise..

3 minutes ago, Hunter69 said:

Did a B2B back in October with Carnival, we had a lot of people doing a B2B on our cruise. Got a letter half way through the cruise asking for me to show up, last sea day in the Comedy Club lounge, at a set time, with mask & practice safe distancing.. This was back when mask wearing was voluntary. When I got there, their was around 20 people in front of me, they called us over individually behind a screen & a doctor gave us a test to do in full view. I got delayed testing for 5 minutes as the doctor had found a positive test & called (Phoned) back those passengers to retest.

It was a in your nose test. Just did the test & was told to go on my way & would be notified if I tested Positive only.. 

I found out the other couple had a false positive. 

I didn't get notified so was able to do next cruise..

Thanks for that. So all lines are very different by the sounds of it. I just would like to know ahead of time how things work.(whenever we book cruises I am always the one that organizes everything, our friends call me their T/A 😂 as I usually know the most about cruisey things but this is one thing that has me stumped with so many varying  stories. Have been on many cruises with all cruise lines but majority Rccl and I don’t like not knowing. Hahah. Thank you for taking the time to reply and share your experience. 
😃

• Like 1

We were just on the Ovation b2b2b except we caught covid on the first cruise so couldn’t continue. The other b2b passengers had to have a supervised rat test on the last day of the cruise and if tested positive they we also disembarked.

17 minutes ago, elquincey said:

We were just on the Ovation b2b2b except we caught covid on the first cruise so couldn’t continue. The other b2b passengers had to have a supervised rat test on the last day of the cruise and if tested positive they we also disembarked.

Oh wow. You poor things. That’s awful. Hope you are all ok now 😢

where was the supervised rat test conducted? 
thanks for info , so what I have heard is pretty much correct. Thank you 🙏 

Ok. So I have been talking with someone we know who got off Quantam today. On the last sea day passengers that are doing b2b have to go to deck 2 (medical) and do a supervised rat test. If positive then you will disembark the next morning. No second cruise. 

19 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Have confirmation that yes, a trip to deck 2 medical is required on last sea day for b2b cruises (on Quantum anyway) 

3 hours ago, Flojoe8 said:

Oh wow. You poor things. That’s awful. Hope you are all ok now 😢

where was the supervised rat test conducted? 
thanks for info , so what I have heard is pretty much correct. Thank you 🙏 

We were in isolation but I think they did testing in Two70 but I could be wrong ….. the medical centre was inundated by covid cases by then. We’re fine now but were disembarked with no information or assistance…. we live in Perth. Not a great experience ……. we won’t book any more b2b until they stop the testing.

4 hours ago, Flojoe8 said:

Have confirmation that yes, a trip to deck 2 medical is required on last sea day for b2b cruises (on Quantum anyway) 

That seems irresponsible advice to go to the medical centre on last sea day for testing.  All medical centres on land say not to visit medical centre if you have covid.  I agree with elquincey, it is not a good time to book b2b cruises.  

• Like 1