Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

16 hours ago, nnps said:

From memory, I believe the asterisk might refer to a generic warning about the dangers of eating undercooked seafood, perhaps even meats.

That is exactly what it is. It is on the fine print of the menus, and is pretty much the same across all ships. I presume that it is a US FDA requirement.

warning.png.b4f306dbdbfc072b67bf590b5b87664c.png

• Like 1

Had breakfast in the buffet.

The hazelnut stollen was to die for.

Have been enjoying the buffet breakfast more than the dining room. Dining room is so slow. You have to wait for the tables in your area to eat their first course before they will bring yours. It has been cold and a huge let down this cruise. I like having my food on china and a teapot and being waited on.

The dishes in the buffet are piping hot and you can get eggs and omelette  cooked fresh. Toast cooked fresh. 

I enjoy the smoked salmon every day plus a few other dishes.

Just asked at guest services if I can purchase the internet for the 6 night cruise in the middle (I have plus package for both 13 night cruises) they said I can't prepurchase unless I do it on line and prepurchasing no longer gives you a discount. Prices have gone up from the 14th of December (this cruise was confirmed after that) so now with 50 percent discount for elite it will be $10 a day.it was $5 a day in august.

I'm not too bothered anyway as I will get work to pay for it.

Out of interest I asked how much is the drinks package now and he said $86 a day.

Just got a print out of my account so far from the machine on deck 6. I had a $117 worth of drinks and a $38 purchase from the shop on there that I didn't make. Guest services removed them. I have the drinks package. I asked what the shop purchase was in case i had forgotten buying something and she said cigarettes. 

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Just asked at guest services if I can purchase the internet for the 6 night cruise in the middle (I have plus package for both 13 night cruises) they said I can't prepurchase unless I do it on line and prepurchasing no longer gives you a discount. Prices have gone up from the 14th of December (this cruise was confirmed after that) so now with 50 percent discount for elite it will be $10 a day.it was $5 a day in august.

I'm not too bothered anyway as I will get work to pay for it.

Out of interest I asked how much is the drinks package now and he said $86 a day.

Interesting that the price of the internet has gone up. Earlier in the year I was watching the price that people were paying. In August people were reporting that it was $6.50 per day (50% discount from $13). I bought it at that price (for the world cruise) because I suspected the price might go up. 

PS - Is the $10 per day the price if someone pays for the whole cruise (pre-booked) or is it the casual daily rate?

Edited by Aus Traveller

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Interesting that the price of the internet has gone up. Earlier in the year I was watching the price that people were paying. In August people were reporting that it was $6.50 per day (50% discount from $13). I bought it at that price (for the world cruise) because I suspected the price might go up. 

PS - Is the $10 per day the price if someone pays for the whole cruise (pre-booked) or is it the casual daily rate?

It's for the cruise 

Another strange thing. My mum and I called into crown grill early yesterday evening  to  see if there are any available bookings for this cruise. We were told that we can only book on the dining line. Two people , plus a white coat at the desk. No customers waiting, surely they could check for us????

No wonder there are never any people in there. 2 or 3 tables at most.

• Like 2

For bingo people. They did the big jackpot at the end of the 3 days at sea at the beginning of the cruise, so I'm guessing there will be another one at the end.

Mum says that the really irritating woman off the Coral Princess, fortuna, is doing the bingo. Good news for Coral Princess cruisers

3 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

Speaking of prices going up, there has been plenty of discussion about the specialty restaurants going up. (supposedly another 14 Dec price rise)

Could you let us know what they are currently at?

Ok. Will ask when I'm passing. But I'm pretty sure the crown grill is still $40 Australian 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am enjoying your food pics and reports whilst I am hiding at home away from the zillion tourists down here, it is a jungle out there.

Continue to enjoy your adventure.

It's easy to enjoy a cruise.

Whereabouts are you?

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Another strange thing. My mum and I called into crown grill early yesterday evening  to  see if there are any available bookings for this cruise. We were told that we can only book on the dining line. Two people , plus a white coat at the desk. No customers waiting, surely they could check for us????

No wonder there are never any people in there. 2 or 3 tables at most.

Sure they could if they were customer focussed.  I was allotted early sitting, then it changed to early sitting where you had to book in each night.  Despite explaining that I was allocated early sitting, they continued with the charade where they would book me in and tell me to wait.  I went to reception and asked to be changed back to booked early sitting.  He changed but asked me why reception at restaurant couldn't do it.  Exactly.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Sure they could if they were customer focussed.  I was allotted early sitting, then it changed to early sitting where you had to book in each night.  Despite explaining that I was allocated early sitting, they continued with the charade where they would book me in and tell me to wait.  I went to reception and asked to be changed back to booked early sitting.  He changed but asked me why reception at restaurant couldn't do it.  Exactly.  

I find the restaurant front of house staff very unhelpful too.