Celebrity Equinox Category C1 What deck is best to book?

Jimbo

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

The center balconys are larger because there is a storage room next to the cabin.  So for example 1674 has the wide balcony.   That's on deck 11 which would be the highest deck with cabins above and below.

Equinox.jpg.aa8906b4d1403b6d5268b1a3685bb3bb.jpg

I believe on the sailing I'm looking at all the Aft C1's are booked.............what about the C1's just behind the aft elevators, any better then the other? Decks 9, 10 or 12?

Any of those are fine.   If you don't need Concierge Class then SV and DV are the same rooms just on lower decks.   I just avoid deck 6 and 12 as I want cabins above and below to avoid noise issues.

The C1 and DV on the slant of the of the hump are all great and some of my go to cabins on S class.  The 1st and 3rd when counting from the widest part of the hump have the largest (deepest) balcony.   If the deck plan has a square on it the bed will be by the bath, without bed by the balcony.

I'm in 8256 on the 1/2 and 1/12 sailings.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Any of those are fine.   If you don't need Concierge Class then SV and DV are the same rooms just on lower decks.   I just avoid deck 6 and 12 as I want cabins above and below to avoid noise issues.

The C1 and DV on the slant of the of the hump are all great and some of my go to cabins on S class.  The 1st and 3rd when counting from the widest part of the hump have the largest (deepest) balcony.   If the deck plan has a square on it the bed will be by the bath, without bed by the balcony.

I'm in 8256 on the 1/2 and 1/12 sailings.

What does Prime Concierge Class Veranda Stateroom (C1) give you opposed to just SV category?

Cabin itself which is larger? deck plans look weird?

Cabin 9296 and  9382

Sorry these new categories are giving me a headache.  C1 used to be the aft cabins on deck 9-12 but those are now Sunset Concierge Class on the new deck plans that's why I suggested SV also aft.

The C1 on the new deck plan (used to be C2) and are the same as DV, the only difference is the decks where the higher decks are considered better location.

All veranda cabins on S class are exactly the same size.  The only differences are location and some, like the ones you are looking at have better balconies.

9296 is a great cabin with the largest balcony on the slant.   9382 is a Sunset CC.  Again a great cabin with the big balcony and aft view.    I suspect 9382 is more expensive.

9296 is going to be a deeper balcony so more shady.   9382 is wider and will be sunny.

If I were choosing it would come to price difference.   I love aft so that would be my preference if the cost difference wasn't more than $10-$20 pp/pd.

In general any of the concierge class cabins give you a few amenities like embarkation lunch in the MDR,  cheap bottle of bubbly, 5 Captains Club points/day vs 3 in a veranda (without Concierge or Aqua designation).

These things don't mean anything to me so I will usually go same rooms on deck 7 or 8 and save a few bucks.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Sorry these new categories are giving me a headache.  C1 used to be the aft cabins on deck 9-12 but those are now Sunset Concierge Class on the new deck plans that's why I suggested SV also aft.

The C1 on the new deck plan (used to be C2) and are the same as DV, the only difference is the decks where the higher decks are considered better location.

All veranda cabins on S class are exactly the same size.  The only differences are location and some, like the ones you are looking at have better balconies.

9296 is a great cabin with the largest balcony on the slant.   9382 is a Sunset CC.  Again a great cabin with the big balcony and aft view.    I suspect 9382 is more expensive.

9296 is going to be a deeper balcony so more shady.   9382 is wider and will be sunny.

If I were choosing it would come to price difference.   I love aft so that would be my preference if the cost difference wasn't more than $10-$20 pp/pd.

9 day sailing

aft 9382 is $4900

C1 9296 is $4712

SV  is     $4516

Only $188 difference, but those aft balconies don't look that private.........Lots of cabins above can see you at the railing. Not sure I like that.

Might be better off going for that 1st or 3rd cabins on the back side of the bump out.

Another question, so you are telling me SV #7364 and C1 #9382 are the same size cabins?

Thanks again for your help

Edited by Jimbo

35 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Any similar DV (to the C1) available on deck 8.  I'd expect that to be in the $4200 range.   Personally I'm fine with deck 7-11.

$4300..........no afts though on 8 are available

DV's back of the hump are available

Think I might take an aft on deck 7 for  $4516

any engine  noises(besides docking) or soot to worry about back there

Edited by Jimbo

38 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I would book CC aft.  You are getting extra points and a few perks.  Supposed to have better bedding also.

Jimbo is Diamond+ on Royal, which makes him Elite on X.

Wondering if the one sub-category upgrade applies for C1 [meaning pay the rate of C2 for a C1] ?

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

$4300..........no afts though on 8 are available

DV's back of the hump are available

Think I might take an aft on deck 7 for  $4516

any engine  noises(besides docking) or soot to worry about back there

Sorry I went to bed.  Didn't mean to leave you hanging.   Personally I'd have no problem with deck 7.   Aft there can be a bit more motion (pitch) than more central locations.  There is a chance of minor soot but to me the aft view over the wake far exceeds that.

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Sorry I went to bed.  Didn't mean to leave you hanging.   Personally I'd have no problem with deck 7.   Aft there can be a bit more motion (pitch) than more central locations.  There is a chance of minor soot but to me the aft view over the wake far exceeds that.

Looking at a DV now on deck 8 first cabin on the rear slant, save a few bucks too.............Just not sure I like those not so private aft balconies and pretty much full sun.

Edited by Jimbo

10 hours ago, rachiem said:

We've just come back from the Caribbean and we had cabin 9382...huge balcony and it did feel private as there is also a small overhang

It's a way's off, but we booked this cabin earlier in the week for a 10 day out of Rome in July of '24.  We like the aft view and while the DV provides a big balcony and in the Caribbean any view is nice, we opted for the sunset in the Mediterranean to enjoy the sail away from all those hillside ports.  Besides, after adding the AI package the price at the time we booked was only about $200 total more than the DV.  Appreciate the insight from @wrk2cruise on this thread and for posting the updated chart, enjoy your trip next month!

• Like 1