Dry Dock & Q.Vic

Bell Boy

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Was that taken after the repair?  It looks too clean to be a blade that was in use, it looks like the replacement one.

The person who posted it wrote:

Old prop segment can’t see much wrong from photo

I can't vouch for their reliability!

PS: Sorry for the botched syntax in my earlier post about why pax would want pix.

Edited by Ravensbourne1960

11 hours ago, Ravensbourne1960 said:

"During the docking period, all facilities on board remained available and passengers could also go ashore. There were free shuttle buses to the center of Cadiz. Passengers were already informed about the necessary dry dock when embarking for the cruise."

https://www.cruisereiziger.nl/2023/01/03/fotos-queen-victoria-met-passagiers-in-droogdok-in-cadiz/

Is this a pukka news site as I haven't seen any comments so far passengers were made aware of the dry docking schedule when embarking?

Latest from my fb feed, bearing in mind the time difference (Cadiz is 1 hour ahead )....

'0920 and the sea is returning !!! Sail for Uk expected @ 1300 today'

Comment attached to a video that shows Queen Victoria afloat and no gangway or service connections on the Starboard side.

17 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Latest from my fb feed, bearing in mind the time difference (Cadiz is 1 hour ahead )....

'0920 and the sea is returning !!! Sail for Uk expected @ 1300 today'

Comment attached to a video that shows Queen Victoria afloat and no gangway or service connections on the Starboard side.

Is your impression that people have mainly enjoyed the experience or are a lot of them fed up?

• Like 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

Is your impression that people have mainly enjoyed the experience or are a lot of them fed up?

Very much so. On the three groups I administer there has not been one critical comment. I'm a member of two other Cunard groups and they've also been most positive.

As I said earlier, one of the latter groups showed some great photos of night life in Cadiz - something not always possible with' normal' visits.

3 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Very much so. On the three groups I administer there has not been one critical comment. I'm a member of two other Cunard groups and they've also been most positive.

As I said earlier, one of the latter groups showed some great photos of night life in Cadiz - something not always possible with' normal' visits.

That is good to know. Let us hope the journey to Soton is without problems.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Is this a pukka news site as I haven't seen any comments so far passengers were made aware of the dry docking schedule when embarking?

At least part of the 'info' has come from people currently on board. Whether it's accurate or not is anolhet matter ...

7 hours ago, Ravensbourne1960 said:

At least part of the 'info' has come from people currently on board. Whether it's accurate or not is anolhet matter ...

Accuracy. Always useful when posting anything.

Maybe those onboard can qualify the fact they already knew before leaving the Southampton berth they were heading for Cadiz for some TLC for Queen Victoria.

20 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

The letter was dated 23rd - Embarkation Day and refers to an earlier announcement. It's possible that was made before departure.

It certainly is possible but it's interesting Bellboy had information and started the thread on the 24th and the link in post #93 refers to passengers being told on embarkation which was the 23rd. A minor detail I admit but accuracy is all when mentioning glitches.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 2:54 AM, Victoria2 said:

There's another British (I assume) term I'd never run into before. Does "pukka" mean roughly "genuine"? How's it pronounced? Seems very useful.

We received the letter on Christmas Eve, and it was the first we'd heard about it, that's despite the letter being dated the 23rd.  

The 'earlier announcement' referred to in the letter was a broadcast to the ship made at roughly the same time as the letter was received.

Cunard knew before we sailed, and didn't tell us.

Edited by RAL72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

There's another British (I assume) term I'd never run into before. Does "pukka" mean roughly "genuine"? How's it pronounced? Seems very useful.

It’s pronounced ‘pucker’ and as well as genuine it can also mean excellent, as popularised by the celebrity chef Jamie Oliver.

• Thanks 1

Nice comment from a friendly passenger currently onboard...

"Just entering the English Channel (1pm ) . Captain has put his foot down as bad weather is forecast after midnight tonight . He’s hoping to be in Southampton before the wind picks up .
Nice bottle of Malbec or whatever white you drink ready on everbodys dinner table last night . That’s a bottle per person , not per table . Very nice , thank you QV"

Well done Cunard
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

"Just entering the English Channel (1pm ) . Captain has put his foot down as bad weather is forecast after midnight tonight . He’s hoping to be in Southampton before the wind picks up .
Nice bottle of Malbec or whatever white you drink ready on everbodys dinner table last night . That’s a bottle per person , not per table . Very nice , thank you QV"

Well done Cunard

Yes, I just noticed she is blasting up the channel at nearly 22 kts which is fast for her. So I assume the new propeller blade is OK. The wind forecast for the next two and a half days is not good. I hope everyone appreciated the wine.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:13 PM, Solent Richard said:

Well done Cunard

Bottle per canin

On 1/5/2023 at 9:33 PM, RAL72 said:

We received the letter on Christmas Eve, and it was the first we'd heard about it, that's despite the letter being dated the 23rd.  

The 'earlier announcement' referred to in the letter was a broadcast to the ship made at roughly the same time as the letter was received.

Cunard knew before we sailed, and didn't tell us.

Actually letter was dated 2023 (the year)

On 1/5/2023 at 8:41 AM, Victoria2 said:

It certainly is possible but it's interesting Bellboy had information and started the thread on the 24th and the link in post #93 refers to passengers being told on embarkation which was the 23rd. A minor detail I admit but accuracy is all when mentioning glitches.

Tannoy was on the 24th followed by a letter dated 23rd Dec 2023

• Like 1