Non-refundable deposit

PugM0m

I am sure this has been answered somewhere a million time before, but I can't fine it. I have always booked with a refundable deposit. If you book the non-refundable and need to cancel, so you loose your entire deposit, or do you get a cruise credit? 

thank you

2 minutes ago, PugM0m said:

I am sure this has been answered somewhere a million time before, but I can't fine it. I have always booked with a refundable deposit. If you book the non-refundable and need to cancel, so you loose your entire deposit, or do you get a cruise credit? 

thank you

They changed the rules recently (or went back to their pre-shutdown rules - I'm never sure which is which), but under the current rules, you lose your entire deposit:

Capture.JPG

42 minutes ago, PugM0m said:

thank you

Unless you have paid additional $s for refundable. Example: recently booked a transatlantic. $900 deposit but for $400 more deposit is refundable. 

43 minutes ago, gallagher123123 said:

A related question, how do you book a refundable fare/deposit? I have been looking on the Royal website, but do not see the option.

Need to go threw online Booking, pick ship/date, enter personal info and on second to last page where you pick prepaid Grats, Dining and times it will also have choice Refundable and how much extra it is. Can be about anything. Travel SOLO and I've seen $100, my longer sailings have been $450-1000 and on really rare occasion zero. One I just looked at 30min ago is $580 for me traveling Solo

4 hours ago, gallagher123123 said:

A related question, how do you book a refundable fare/deposit? I have been looking on the Royal website, but do not see the option.

If you are booking full suites there is typically no refundable option except for a few exceptions such as the VP category sometimes.

For non-suite cabins as noted above you have to go all the way through the booking process to the second last step to find it.  Even then there are times when they don't make it available on the website but a travel agent can quote it.  

20 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Depends on the cruise and the discount offers.

I have yet to find a cruise my TA couldnt make a group of just me. A group of 1 and it's a better price than I see online. I'm not saying there arent exceptions, but i havent seen them. Sometimes later the price does drop and i have gotten out of the group. 

Everything in my signature is a group rate and refundable. 

I never book refundable.  If the fee for refundable is $150 as it was with the last one, it's only $200 for my wife and I if we had to move the booking to another ship/sailing.  Moving a booking is unlikely for us, and definitely not worth paying $150 on every cruise to maybe save $50 once in awhile.

10 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Need to go threw online Booking, pick ship/date, enter personal info and on second to last page where you pick prepaid Grats, Dining and times it will also have choice Refundable and how much extra it is. Can be about anything. Travel SOLO and I've seen $100, my longer sailings have been $450-1000 and on really rare occasion zero. One I just looked at 30min ago is $580 for me traveling Solo

Thank you, this worked. Just glad to know this is an option.

• Like 1