Carnival Dream - guys burger buns are different

Ryanthe4aces

16 hours ago, staceyglow said:

It's also quite possible that Carnival may have on board whatever equipment a commercial bakery uses to make their pastries uniform.

You beat me to it. My daughter in law runs a bakery, a one person operation, and her products are fairly consistent in size and shape. 

Wow....four pages so far in this thread about buns TOO BIG for the burger🤣

The OP is asking if larger buns containing more bread is a cost-cut🤣

(Anyway)

Didn't anyone take a (really good look) at the original post & (member) to see you've been tricked & trolled into a 4-page conversation.

#BunsTooBig🤣

🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔

Edited by ObstructedView2

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Wow....four pages so far in this thread about buns TOO BIG for the burger🤣

The OP is asking if larger buns containing more bread is a cost-cut🤣

(Anyway)

Didn't anyone take a (really good look) at the original post & (member) to see you've been tricked & trolled into a 4-page conversation.

#BunsTooBig🤣

🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔

Funny thing, the first time (and almost every time after that) when I read the thread's title, I thought it said 

Carnival Dream - guys buns are different

🤣

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Is she making thousands of pastries a day?

I'm guessing no , but add more people and bigger machinery and its 100% doable. and you could easily do a 2nd bake during the day.

It is probably brought on though and just cooked/heated , but thousands of anything is doable with the manpower and equipment.

Just now, Sailin_Pirate said:

I'm guessing no , but add more people and bigger machinery and its 100% doable. and you could easily do a 2nd bake during the day.

It is probably brought on though and just cooked/heated , but thousands of anything is doable with the manpower and equipment.

Yep - they'll do, I trust, whatever makes the most business sense ($).

Tom

57 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

Just had some awhile ago. Burger meat was over cooked, a bit too crispy for my taste.  And the fries tasted disgusting. Couldn't even cover the yucky seasoning with ranch or ketchup YUCK! 🤢

I can't honestly imagine how any type of french fry could be considered disgusting unless it was completely under- or overcooked  (which I doubt they would intentionally serve).  Maybe not to one's liking, but not disgusting...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

I can't honestly imagine how any type of french fry could be considered disgusting unless it was completely under- or overcooked  (which I doubt they would intentionally serve).  Maybe not to one's liking, but not disgusting...

Take a bag of frozen french fries and throw it on a counter top for a few hours until they are completely thawed. Now toss them in a oil fryer at a temp of 300 degrees or lower. Wait. i don't care how long you wait it doesn't matter. The french fry will be a warm oil soaked soggy mess best relabled  as poopy helper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseScrooge said:

Take a bag of frozen french fries and throw it on a counter top for a few hours until they are completely thawed. Now toss them in a oil fryer at a temp of 300 degrees or lower. Wait. i don't care how long you wait it doesn't matter. The french fry will be a warm oil soaked soggy mess best relabled  as poopy helper.

Take those soggy oily fries and toss them in the air fryer and I'll bet they are salvageable.   

Edited by cruisingguy007

28 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Take those soggy oily fries and toss them in the air fryer and I'll bet they are salvageable.   

Possibly.  But given the long lines people are always complaining about at Guys, I find it rather unlikely that those fries are getting much of a chance to thaw.  😁

11 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

they got the mixer(s)

it's odd that they only make those red and yellow danishes.  Why no chocolate croissants? Are they making danishes there? or maybe just pizza dough? Maybe CC can have a mole infiltrate the galley and report back.

2 minutes ago, jimbob22 said:

it's odd that they only make those red and yellow danishes.  Why no chocolate croissants? Are they making danishes there? or maybe just pizza dough? Maybe CC can have a mole infiltrate the galley and report back.

Somebody made these for Sam's Club so they could probably make more for Carnival.

image.png.ce2fac5681133e00d90917f0af39ebec.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimbob22 said:

Galley tours may return one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Baking sheets - for pastries. I suppose it's still an unknown as to if they're popping them through to heat them, or baking them in a made-from-scratch process.

Tom

Maybe for the danishes, but there's no way they're making hundreds or thousands of these cinnamon rolls from scratch and rolling them this tightly and perfectly.

9cb231610a7c273967d20c14275b661b.jpg

3 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Maybe for the danishes, but there's no way they're making hundreds or thousands of these cinnamon rolls from scratch and rolling them this tightly and perfectly.

9cb231610a7c273967d20c14275b661b.jpg

Because it's impossible for a professional to do their job correctly. /s

I'm not even a baker and could pull that item off on a small scale. 

17 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

You Tube has a number of videos on the magic.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure Carnival doesn't make everything from scratch.

23 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

From Sysco's online catalog....

Look familiar?  These are the pastries, down to the same exact varieties, that Carnival serves for breakfast.

Capture.PNG

10 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

From Sysco's online catalog....

Look familiar?  These are the pastries, down to the same exact varieties, that Carnival serves for breakfast.

Capture.PNG

Cool , we serve the same ones at my job. Very few if any mass chain companies make stuff from scratch. Thanks for turning a bun post into pastries though it's extra delicious now 

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2022 at 11:28 AM, DallasGuy75219 said:

Is she making thousands of pastries a day?

Of course not (she wishes) but the fact is that any experienced baker can produce a product that is consistent in appearance. So can any cook, look at all of the dishes that come out of the kitchen and how similar the same items look. It's what they are trained to do.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Of course not (she wishes) but the fact is that any experienced baker can produce a product that is consistent in appearance. So can any cook, look at all of the dishes that come out of the kitchen and how similar the same items look. It's what they are trained to do.

Already established that Carnival uses frozen parbarked foodservice pastries; see post 97. 

While it may be possible to make thousands of these from scratch daily, It's simply not an efficient use of resources (especially labor) when these can be bought cheaper from their foodservice vendors than they can be made from scratch.  Save the labor for actual desserts that the customer is going to value more than a danish or cinnamon roll at breakfast.