Questions re: Refrigerator Requested for Balcony Cabin on the Anthem

teddie

Hello, 

RCI Special Needs have confirmed our request for a fridge for meds.

Anyone know:

• Can we expect a square dorm-sized unit, or a taller one ?
  • I’m wondering where it’s placed in the cabin—do they replace the chiller that’s already there?  
  • Does it get placed on the floor or on the counter? (Hoping it doesn’t take up too much real estate). . 

thanks! 

Edited by teddie
  • Like 1

I think @Merion_Mom posted a photo of one recently. It was tiny, the storage area was like 6 pack cans sized, although the actual unit was larger with the cold motor. It sat on a counter or table.

I can't get 'Search" to work this evening. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

We have had a med frig a few times for my husband's medication.  

They have never removed the existing cooler in the cabin, they usually just set it on the floor next to the desk area.  It is the same size ( or very close) to the one already in the cabin.

• Like 2

The med fridge does have small capacity. Size isn't extreme, but it is somewhat bulky. There's room for it in an Anthem balcony cabin. The problem is access to an outlet which restricts where it can be placed. After one use of the med fridge, I just relied on that cabins cooler/refrigerator. I have always found that cold enough for my meds. Five Anthem balcony cruises without a problem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Reid said:

The med fridge does have small capacity. Size isn't extreme, but it is somewhat bulky. There's room for it in an Anthem balcony cabin. The problem is access to an outlet which restricts where it can be placed. After one use of the med fridge, I just relied on that cabins cooler/refrigerator. I have always found that cold enough for my meds. Five Anthem balcony cruises without a problem.

Thanks very much! 
teddie

I get a med fridge when we cruise. The black box with the plug in the front is the one we had in August on Harmony. We have had smaller ones, barely fitting 10 of the short, fat prefilled syringes (not the skinnier insulin syringes.)

Open photo

2 hours ago, cruise_co said:

I get a med fridge when we cruise. The black box with the plug in the front is the one we had in August on Harmony. We have had smaller ones, barely fitting 10 of the short, fat prefilled syringes (not the skinnier insulin syringes.)

Open photo

That looks perfect for my needs.  Thanks for posting.

Teddie

• Like 1

After going to the drug manufactures website, I found that either they would provide a Travel Pac for long trips, or, they also stated that my drug is good for 14 days without being refrigerated. Therefore, for a cruise, I don't worry about it anymore.

• Like 1

I am used to hotels swapping out the beverage cooler for a genuine small fridge.  I think I like this better.  Daughter's medicine is $X,XXX for each vial (which is good for two weeks).   I like the idea of a dedicated fridge that we aren't opening all the time.   

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

After going to the drug manufactures website, I found that either they would provide a Travel Pac for long trips, or, they also stated that my drug is good for 14 days without being refrigerated. Therefore, for a cruise, I don't worry about it anymore.

It all depends on the drug. My injectable biologic is not quite as stable. It cannot be warmer than 64 degrees for absolute max 24 hours, at room temperature no more than 8-12 hours. It also cannot freeze so a medical fridge with the temperature display is pretty necessary for mine. I cannot trust the coolers that may get too warm or too cold without knowing. 

• Like 2