Balcony cabin sleeping 4 on the Diamond

Cruise Raider

We are booked on the Diamond Princess in C702 and was wondering if Princess has a bed folding down off the wall for balcony cabins, specifically on the Diamond.  I know they are oftentimes like that for inside cabins.  The description shows that this cabin sleeps four and one bed is upper and one is a rollaway.  
I don’t mind those beds in the ceiling and of course, we won’t be using the rollaway bed but hate those cabins that have the fold down beds off the wall .. I constantly hit my head on it when using the restroom at night.  I don’t think there would be any place other than the one side of the room to hang a bed, so I am assuming That ‘upper’ berth means it will come down from the ceiling.  I sure hope so but would love that reassurance from someone in the know.  

3 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Good question!

I will bump this back up for you.

I really don't think balcony cabins would have a bed on the sidewall.

But, just wondered if you might switch to a nearby cabin that doesn't have extra berths?

It sounds like the OP is planning on having 4 people in the cabin otherwise they can just leave the beds in the wall or ceiling if they are not going to use them

41 minutes ago, memoak said:

It sounds like the OP is planning on having 4 people in the cabin otherwise they can just leave the beds in the wall or ceiling if they are not going to use them

No, we just have two … I just don’t even like those structures that hang from the side wall.  
Sadly, I chose that cabin without knowing it could hold 4 … now, there are no balconies left in the inventory so I can’t easily switch.  But, as it gets a little closer, if I learn that it does have this fold down bed (rather than the drop down from the ceiling bed), I will be diligent to look for any cabins that may open up.  I also have a bid in for a premium balcony so maybe I will get lucky.  I still have a month to go.  

50 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Good question!

I will bump this back up for you.

I really don't think balcony cabins would have a bed on the sidewall.

But, just wondered if you might switch to a nearby cabin that doesn't have extra berths?

thank you!  I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a balcony cabin with the fold down head bumpers!  😆 

But, I’ve not sailed on the Diamond before and know she is an older ship so I just don’t know.  
Funny thing is, I had a different cabin booked but switched to this one because of the direction the bed faces.  I found I sleep better that way.  I know, I know, there is no science behind that but there is my experience.  So, now that all the balcony cabins are sold out, I found out the cabin sleeps 4.  
I will survive .. just was wondering if I need to bring a helmet … 😆 

• Haha 1

Maybe you will get that upgrade!  And I really don't think we see the wall mounted beds on balcony rooms on Princess.   That would be a surprise!

And, I think there might be a bit of science, for some people, with that 'backwards motion' thing.

I like a forward facing cabin too.

But, it is visually seeing everything going by backwards when the ship is really going underway that might be the thing!

You definitely aren't the first to mention that.

• Thanks 1

Yeah...if you're not going to be using that 3rd bed just tell the steward and he/she will leave it stowed.  Actually, you'll probably find that it is already stowed when you arrive.  When he/she comes to introduce themself to you they might ask if there will be 3 people in the cabin...just tell him/her what you want.

• Like 1