Canaries in December - pool temps.

seahorse001

Hi all.  Thinking of booking on P & O Azura for next Christmas. Fly's in to Tenerife to pick up cruise.

My question is ...will it be warm enough to swim in the outdoor pools - are they heated ? Appreciate can't forecast the weather this far in advance. Just wondering

Thanks in advance 

57 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We've booked for this cruise as well, and are not sure what to do now to be honest. If anyone has done this cruise and can help re comments about the weather it would really help us too. 🙂

Well, we came back from Lanzarote in mid December,  and most of the time we were  there the temperature was arond 23c. But, we did have a couple of rainy days, and occasionally the wind made the temperature feel colder than it actually was.

As long as you are not expecting Caribbean type weather,  and are prepared to accept that you may not get wall to wall hot sunshine,  I wouldn't let weather worries deter you. It will certainly be better weather than in the UK !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Came back last week, every day was 20°C or above, touched 30 a couple of days, some cloud and the occasional shower, Madeira is always hit and miss as it has it's own micro climate but still shorts and t-shirt weather, year before in December had two weeks of blue sky around 25°C every day, generally you'll have good weather and we were lucky as it was about -10 at home, great time to travel in my opinion, quiet airport, very few children and near on guaranteed some winter sun, great value for money cruise in my opinion and love Azura, as for the pools they are not heated and were a little chilly but nice once you got on them, jacuzzis were heated though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We came back from this cruise on Christmas Eve and can honestly say we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

It was 29 degrees on Gran Canaria and 26 in Tenerife, on Gran Canaria they were cutting the lawns and the smell of freshly cut grass combined with the sunshine made it difficult to comprehend that it was December especially as green thumb had just scarified my lawns the week before and left them looking like a battle field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the ship for 2 weeks from 9th to 23rd and had 12 out of 14 nice days of weather. Madeira on two visits was overcast and looked like rain could occur anytime. The week before they only had one day of sunshine and the sea was rough around Madeira. Plenty of people in the pools. A lot more kids onboard the 16/17th dec onwards. My full review is in the reviews section  'Food Standards need to improve'

At the airport on the way back get water from vending machines (1 euro) in the shops its 3.5 to 4.5 euro.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, thedriver23 said:

Got back from this cruise on Saturday - and all I can say was the weather was perfect. Hot enough to enjoy the sunshine, and the pools where being used.

The Canaries have been unseasonably warm this Christmas/ New Year. Not always the case! 

• Host Sharon changed the title to Canaries in December - pool temps.