Jump to content

Barcelona Hotels


joehick
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Yes you are right, it is relative....

 

anything around !45 US with breakfast,  is what I would consider low.....

 

Ibis is a generally well-regarded European budget chain (you can sign up to the Accor Hotels loyalty programme before booking to get an extra 5% to 10% off the price). If even they are over your price point, it may well be that your expectations are not realistic. Barcelona is not a budget destination. There's demand all year round so they don't need to lower prices much to attract custom.

 

A suggestion that might work for you would be to check on a hotel booking engine for properties within the price range and geographical area you would consider acceptable and then when you find something you're interested in come back to us with the name. Possibly someone else will have stayed there and/or know the area and be able to give you a thumbs-up (or down).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes we stay at a hotel that is that cost with breakfast...surely there must be others...

 

it is a no brainer to stay at a lovely hotel if you are willing to pay the higher prices...

 

the challenge comes when you can find a hotel that is in a good location, clean, with breakfast for a budget price...

 

when we fly to BCN, we are so jet lagged and exhausted, all we need is sleep...do not care how "lovely" the hotel is....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

"Low price" is a relative term. 

Some cities are far more expensive than others.

Some good points, Steve. In Amsterdam recently hotel prices were what I considered a bit outrageous, but if compared to similar hotels in Barcelona, there is just a slight difference. That is, Amsterdam was a bit more, and Barcelona isn't much less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2023 at 8:40 AM, -Lew- said:

 

We're booked at H10 Metropolitan in October 2024 for a week between cruises.  The hotel gets very good reviews on sites other than CC.

I am looking at this hotel for next year. Would love to hear any reviews also!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

I am looking at this hotel for next year. Would love to hear any reviews also!

 

As I mentioned previously, we're staying at H10 Metropolitan between cruises in October 2024.  Be sure to join Club H10 for discounts.  Looks like an excellent hotel in a wonderful location.

 

I upgraded our booking this morning after seeing a 15% discount offered.  Just checked and the discount is back to 5%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could someone speak to the size of rooms at the H10 Catalunya?  I'm reading they are small.  I don't mind a small room but do want at least to be able to walk around our luggage.  I booked the Double Room what's the difference in size between this and the Deluxe Square room?  Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lakegirl16 said:

Could someone speak to the size of rooms at the H10 Catalunya?  I'm reading they are small.  I don't mind a small room but do want at least to be able to walk around our luggage.  I booked the Double Room what's the difference in size between this and the Deluxe Square room?  Thank you.

They're not overly large, but not the smallest I've had in a European hotel (That distinction goes to the Hilton Stockholm!).  This last visit (both pre-and post-cruise), out rooms were L-shaped and the luggage was easily out of the way in the "L".  No problem walking around the bed or to the bathroom.  Rooms are all differently shaped and sized as it's an old building.  The only room we've had there we weren't overly fond of was not due to size, but the fact it had stairs within the room...Had to walk up to stairs to the part of the room that fronted the door to the bathroom...not easy to deal with that in the dark.  But, the last three times, we haven't had that--I think it's just the rooms in the back right corner of the building.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

They're not overly large, but not the smallest I've had in a European hotel (That distinction goes to the Hilton Stockholm!).  This last visit (both pre-and post-cruise), out rooms were L-shaped and the luggage was easily out of the way in the "L".  No problem walking around the bed or to the bathroom.  Rooms are all differently shaped and sized as it's an old building.  The only room we've had there we weren't overly fond of was not due to size, but the fact it had stairs within the room...Had to walk up to stairs to the part of the room that fronted the door to the bathroom...not easy to deal with that in the dark.  But, the last three times, we haven't had that--I think it's just the rooms in the back right corner of the building.

What room type have you booked?  Thank you!  Appreciate very much your posts on this hotel!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2023 at 1:18 PM, -Lew- said:

 

As I mentioned previously, we're staying at H10 Metropolitan between cruises in October 2024.  Be sure to join Club H10 for discounts.  Looks like an excellent hotel in a wonderful location.

 

I upgraded our booking this morning after seeing a 15% discount offered.  Just checked and the discount is back to 5%.

I  looked online and all the reviews were great. I booked the H10 Metropolitan for our September 2024 cruise 2 nights pre cruise and one night post cruise. I only saw the 5% discount. How did you upgrade the booking when you saw the additional discount? Also what type of rooms did you book? I booked the Rambla double room with the balcony for our first 2 nights and then the double for the one night after the cruise. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

I  looked online and all the reviews were great. I booked the H10 Metropolitan for our September 2024 cruise 2 nights pre cruise and one night post cruise. I only saw the 5% discount. How did you upgrade the booking when you saw the additional discount? Also what type of rooms did you book? I booked the Rambla double room with the balcony for our first 2 nights and then the double for the one night after the cruise. Thanks

 

I believe the 15% discount comes and goes. It was purely a chance encounter...

 

I upgraded by booking a completely new reservation and cancelling the original one.  Our first booking was for a Deluxe Terrace room...we're now in a Deluxe Room Terrace jacuzzi.  We're going to be there for a week and I figured we would enjoy the extra room...especially with the additional 10% discount.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just stayed at the Metropolitan. We had the double terrace room. The room size was small compared to an American hotel.

If you are an American you will need to bring an adapter for the outlets. There are no USB ports. The staff was wonderful. The amenities were great. Water and CAVA was always available in the lobby. If you signed up to be an H10 member you should qualify for free breakfast and two bottles of water in your room. The breakfast was fabulous and CAVA was also available. The food was very good as well. If you stay here you will not be disappointed. There are slippers and bathrobes as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mary Louise said:

I just stayed at the Metropolitan. We had the double terrace room. The room size was small compared to an American hotel.

If you are an American you will need to bring an adapter for the outlets. There are no USB ports. The staff was wonderful. The amenities were great. Water and CAVA was always available in the lobby. If you signed up to be an H10 member you should qualify for free breakfast and two bottles of water in your room. The breakfast was fabulous and CAVA was also available. The food was very good as well. If you stay here you will not be disappointed. There are slippers and bathrobes as well.

Was this your fist stay with H10 hotels? I signed up with Club H10 before I made my online booking. This will be our first time so I am curious if we still qualify for the free breakfast. I reserved the room with the breakfast now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question about the H10 Catalunya - I see lots of people mentioning that if you join their Club H10, you’ll get free breakfast. I joined, and I’m logged in, and I see one rate for “room only” and a higher rate for “bed and breakfast.”  Should I book the room only and assume we will get free breakfast as H10 members?

 

(also - the bed and breakfast rate adds 20 euro per person to the room price. I’m assuming breakfast would be more expensive than this if we paid out of pocket?)

Edited by iujen94
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, -Lew- said:

 

I believe the 15% discount comes and goes. It was purely a chance encounter...

 

I upgraded by booking a completely new reservation and cancelling the original one.  Our first booking was for a Deluxe Terrace room...we're now in a Deluxe Room Terrace jacuzzi.  We're going to be there for a week and I figured we would enjoy the extra room...especially with the additional 10% discount.

Wow good to know about the additional discount! I guess I will be checking for this to come back! Now I am wondering if the front balcony room will be noisy because of the street. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iujen94 said:

Should I book the room only and assume we will get free breakfast as H10 members?

 

The free breakfast is another benefit that comes and goes.  When it's available at H10 Metropolitan for Club H10 members, you'll see instructions to book the room without breakfast and it will be added at no charge later in the booking process.

 

I booked ours with breakfast with the hope free breakfast will become available before October 2024.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, smokeykat said:

Was this your fist stay with H10 hotels? I signed up with Club H10 before I made my online booking. This will be our first time so I am curious if we still qualify for the free breakfast. I reserved the room with the breakfast now.

Hi This was our first time staying with H10. We did room only. As long as you are logged in the H10 website there are directions for the free breakfast. Enjoy the room. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've stayed many times at the Hotel 1898 and just went to book for next April and the rates are 2X more than prior to the pandemic. This will be my first time back to Europe post Covid...is this the norm now?

I've read that many of you like and have booked the H10 Metropolitan. There is also an H10 in the Gothic Quarter..I'm just wondering why you chose the Metropolitan one...central location or ? Thanks for any help...I'm in a bit of shock right now at the prices!!! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I've read that many of you like and have booked the H10 Metropolitan. There is also an H10 in the Gothic Quarter..I'm just wondering why you chose the Metropolitan one...central location or ?

 

H10 Madison is in the Gothic Quarter and very well rated and located.  Sometimes they offer free cancelation...sometimes they don't.  So you need to be careful when booking.

 

We choose H10 Metropolitan because of its location and excellent ratings...and free cancelation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, -Lew- said:

 

H10 Madison is in the Gothic Quarter and very well rated and located.  Sometimes they offer free cancelation...sometimes they don't.  So you need to be careful when booking.

 

We choose H10 Metropolitan because of its location and excellent ratings...and free cancelation.

Thanks Lew for the tip!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, -Lew- said:

 

H10 Madison is in the Gothic Quarter and very well rated and located.  Sometimes they offer free cancelation...sometimes they don't.  So you need to be careful when booking.

 

We choose H10 Metropolitan because of its location and excellent ratings...and free cancelation.

I booked it because of the ratings online and free cancellation. I like the location too. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2023 at 2:24 PM, smokeykat said:

I booked it because of the ratings online and free cancellation. I like the location too. 

Thanks for the recommendation. I just booked it for two nights in November for $195 a night including breakfast which doesn’t seem that bad for Barcelona. We’ve previously stayed at Hotel Jazz and really liked it but wanted to try something different this time around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Special Event: Q&A with Laura Hodges Bethge, President Celebrity Cruises
      • Hurricane Zone 2024
      • Cruise Insurance Q&A w/ Steve Dasseos of Tripinsurancestore.com Summer 2024
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...