Currently onboard Quantum

Flojoe8

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Most places have free wifi,some like your details which I don’t like.

I turned on my phone which was new and got a $400 bill from digicel which was pretty rude for a couple of minutes.
After a few emails I got it dropped.

So be careful,you can get a $10 a day pass but you need the app.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:31 AM, NSWP said:

Many sick people from the C lurgy?

No. Haven’t heard of any. In saying that I reckon that will change. They have cancelled parties on top deck tonight (nye) due to weather so everything moved inside, so guessing that may be a bit off a spreader. We are avoiding it as we are doing a b2b and have to have a supervised rat test on last sea day. 😱

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Looks like Quantum is heading towards Vila ??06978E27-9345-48A5-AF47-5931A8BAF1E0.thumb.png.a00c0a4254eeaa82808a94463c7161a9.png

A strange route, but I think it was just for some protected cruising for new years celebrations. The seas are a bit bumpier than usual along the usual route. They are heading to Mystery Island now.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Or they are sussing out a reopening of Ouvea, in case Lelepa doesn't pan out.

I thought it may have done a trip through Havana passage for the passengers but it probably was night time. Yes a strange route 

Im sceptical Lelepa will ever happen,it to big a project for 3-4 ships and a

6 months season.

They should do a joint deal with carnival group.

11 hours ago, kaseyoz said:

They were handing out tender tickets this morning at 9 am for mystery island tomorrow so hopefully she makes it there.

Well she did arrive this morning but swells are too big.

looks like mystery Island is going to remain a mystery yet again.

how sad for the cruisers onboard.

1 hour ago, kaseyoz said:

Well she did arrive this morning but swells are too big.

looks like mystery Island is going to remain a mystery yet again.

how sad for the cruisers onboard.

Yes. We did arrive nice and early.  We have been on over 20 cruises and been to mystery many times. The weather was fine. Waters calm and the island actually looked deserted. Usually you would see people there setting up etc and boats everywhere. 🤷‍♀️Didn’t see anyone and we were very close to the wharf. Closer than I remember ever being 

3 minutes ago, Flojoe8 said:

Yes. We did arrive nice and early.  We have been on over 20 cruises and been to mystery many times. The weather was fine. Waters calm and the island actually looked deserted. Usually you would see people there setting up etc and boats everywhere. 🤷‍♀️Didn’t see anyone and we were very close to the wharf. Closer than I remember ever being 

Maybe locals celebrating New Year, like everyone else. 

Have been there a number of times and have seen quite a few dodgy tender trips. Stuck on there once when a storm rolled in. One of the crew injured and got helicoptered off . Can be quite calm on other side of Island but dock can be rough as.

Supposedly there Sunday, but if the weather forecast is anywhere near accurate then no hope.

Edited by bretts173

On 12/31/2022 at 1:30 PM, Flojoe8 said:

Don’t forget you can also bring wine onboard. Supposed to be 2 per cabin but most people bring 2 x per person 🙈. As long as in separate carry on bags all good. We also pre purchased A cheese and wine platter (which inc a merlot  and cheese selection) can have white wine etc. This was $34 Aus. (That price fluctuates so keep an eye on it in your planner )  So all up that’s 5 x bottles for the room. And if you are diamond or prime by any chance  then that’s another Avenue. Lucky enough we are now diamond abs prime so no worries at all (and we aren’t big drinkers at all) 

Great info thanks 😊 

6 hours ago, Flojoe8 said:

It is usually calm in the morning, but they make a call based on the expected weather during the afternoon. No point tendering everyone off if it becomes unsafe to get them back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

My wife and I thought it was fine but as you are from Cairns, you may want to. We met a few queenslanders that were saying it was chilly in the MDR and the theatre.

We were on Quantum in November and agree with these comments. I always find ships cool and 23 degrees in the stateroom too cool for me. A light jumper or pashmina  definitely needed. 

• Like 1