Blow Dryers on Rotterdam

jap3rd

On 12/31/2022 at 10:51 AM, jap3rd said:

Are cabins equipped with blow dryers on the Rotterdam?

If so are they any good?

Currently on Rotterdam in verandah stateroom.  Blow dryer and makeup mirror are in the lower right drawer of the desk.  Works great.

18 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

The hair dryer works fine and is similar to what you find in hotels. I actually prefer my own because it’s ionic and better for frizzy hair but I kept blowing the fuse when on the Rotterdam a year ago so I had to use the one provided. 

And that is why you are not allowed your own hair dryer, iron, coffee pot, tea maker.  You could cause a shipboard fire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CATandSQUID said:

And that is why you are not allowed your own hair dryer, iron, coffee pot, tea maker.  You could cause a shipboard fire.

I don't think there is any ban on hair dryers. You cannot use them in the bathroom due to the type of plug but otherwise I believe they are allowed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea42 said:

I don't think there is any ban on hair dryers. You cannot use them in the bathroom due to the type of plug but otherwise I believe they are allowed.

I look at it this way:  My hair dryer takes as much room as 3 rolled shirts or 1 pair of shoes.  More than happy to use theirs, and leave mine behind.

L.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leerathje said:

I look at it this way:  My hair dryer takes as much room as 3 rolled shirts or 1 pair of shoes.  More than happy to use theirs, and leave mine behind.

L.

Oh definitely! I never bring a hair dryer on our trips. I was just pointing out that they aren't banned like clothes irons or coffee makers.

• Like 1