New Galveston Terminal Parking

dallascruiser

I dont have the link but do be sure and also google for a code for up to $20 off. It's quite expensive imo. The $20 off codes have been easy to find, but idk if they go into 2023. 

Even ezcruise parking I heard was quoting $155. Many are using lighthouse. Fewer shuttles but cheaper lately. Lots of grumbling about how high parking is lately. 

37 minutes ago, TXgalSAM said:

Following this post.  FYI, in the past, we parked within walking distance at GalvestonParkNCruise.

Royal Caribbean only - Terminal 10

ALL Other Cruise lines - Terminals 25 or 28  

These are parking lots owned and operated by the Port of Galveston .

All others are privately owned and operated by them .

PARKING 25 28.png

PARKING 10.jpg

Edited by ssb

Anyone have a guess when Port Parking reservations for Feb 2024 will be allowed?   Inflation is only going to get worse, so I am trying to buy everything as early as possible.  

Unless I hear that theft is problem in port parking, we will park at the port.  I just really like the idea of covered parking really close.  DFW Airport, you should never use the airport parking.  

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

...DFW Airport, you should never use the airport parking.  

We fly out of DFW often and always use "TheParkingSpot.com". 😁

(And at Austin/AUS, too.)

Edited by TXgalSAM
additional info

30 minutes ago, TXgalSAM said:

I once had a super-short trip, I think I was gone around 24 hours.   I also had a rental car.   So, I thought what the heck, I'll use airport parking.  When I got back to the car, it was lightly raining, and my driver's side window had been opened and my headlights were turned on.  I'd had a blanket in the backseat and I think they thought I was hiding something really good and then tried to punish me by making me come back to a wet seat and dead battery.   The seat was very dry so they must have still been there.   I said something when I paid, and I got a "What do you expect" shrug.  Criminals were probably friends of hers.  

43 minutes ago, TXgalSAM said:

For those not aware "TheParkingSpot"

is at airports in Dallas and Houston,  and not at cruise terminals  in Galveston . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 8:20 PM, c-leg5 said:

https://www.portofgalveston.com/80/Cruise-Lines-Schedules

Not sure which garage you are referring to but here is the schedule.

Thank you for the link.  Based on the illustration above there is a SMP garage shown directly across from Terminal 25.  After looking at the schedule you provided, it appears I will be leaving from terminal 28.  Is the SMP garage close?  Or should I consider the Express lot near Terminal 28?  I’ve never parked in Galveston so just looking for some advice.  I really don’t want to shuttle to a remote lot when we return, u would just like to get off the ship and walk to my vehicle.  Tks

On 1/17/2023 at 10:11 PM, Titanfan22 said:

Thank you for the link.  Based on the illustration above there is a SMP garage shown directly across from Terminal 25.  After looking at the schedule you provided, it appears I will be leaving from terminal 28.  Is the SMP garage close?  Or should I consider the Express lot near Terminal 28?  I’ve never parked in Galveston so just looking for some advice.  I really don’t want to shuttle to a remote lot when we return, u would just like to get off the ship and walk to my vehicle.  Tks

The SMP garage you’re referring to is the one we always used prior to the new Royal Caribbean pier.  Easy walk to terminal 28 where Royal used to go in and out of.  DH would drop me off with the bags, park and walk back to the terminal.  We always used the garage to have cover and elevation for the car.  Spring you’re okay but parking in hurricane season we always wanted the car up in that garage.  

• Like 1