Air2Sea - Restricted Flights?

On 1/2/2023 at 9:52 AM, firefly333 said:

Idk if this is a good reason to book air2sea flights .. just read this

....."Currently on Brilliance.  Dense fog has us locked out of the Tampa Bay. Lots of people are going to miss their flights.  So glad we have travel ins and that we did Air to Sea!"

From what I read brillance didnt dock until 5 pm. I'd guess many missed flights. Boarding of course super late but maybe the ship left before midnight. 

The downside to flying. 

• Like 1

I am new to RCCL and having challenges with their website.  I have a cruise reservation with flights already scheduled (June 2023) but would like to check frequently for price changes..  Can someone instruct me on how to get to Air2Sea flights and prices. TIA

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

From what I read brillance didnt dock until 5 pm. I'd guess many missed flights. Boarding of course super late but maybe the ship left before midnight. 

The downside to flying. 

So true.  I wish we didn’t have to fly, but we don’t have a choice.

On 1/2/2023 at 1:47 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

They are just as long or longer depending on the course.  Usually get 3 weeks off but could be more depending in when last exam is done. My daughter was done Dec 8th and my son on the 15th.  Both go back next Monday. 

Northern boards were different this year. We finished on the 16th and went back today.

I've used Air 2 Sea for flights from and to Europe and for Asia on a Celebrity Cruise. Never had a problem - that was pre-pandemic though so I can't vouch for the present time. I do know that their prices were much more competitive in the past than going direct with the airlines especially for one way tickets. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RD64 said:

Northern boards were different this year. We finished on the 16th and went back today.

Originally our holidays were scheduled for the same two weeks as we had a cruise booked with our kids (didn't go on that one as it was just a back up cruise due to covid cancellations). Then at some point they changed the Ontario board dates.  Doesn't happen often but I guess it can happen. Maybe since xmas and new years were both on weekends so both kind of worked.

11 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I've used Air 2 Sea for flights from and to Europe and for Asia on a Celebrity Cruise. Never had a problem - that was pre-pandemic though so I can't vouch for the present time. I do know that their prices were much more competitive in the past than going direct with the airlines especially for one way tickets. 

Hope it will work for us when the time comes.......we will be flying through Royal Air2Sea.. Charlotte to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to Barcelona...........then jumping on a Celebrity sailing that ends in Rome.....so would then need a one way flight from Rome to Charlotte.

Praying that is doable, all through Air2Sea.............When will flights be available for a June 2024 cruises? 1 year ahead or is it longer when we can set this all  up??

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:....When will flights be available for a June 2024 cruises? 1 year ahead or is it longer when we can set this all  up??

How soon can I book a flight to my cruise destination through Air2Sea?

You can arrange your flight starting from 330 days before and up to 4 days prior to your sail date. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, irisbax3 said:

I am new to RCCL and having challenges with their website.  I have a cruise reservation with flights already scheduled (June 2023) but would like to check frequently for price changes..  Can someone instruct me on how to get to Air2Sea flights and prices. TIA

Here’s the link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/flights/bookFlights

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Hope it will work for us when the time comes.......we will be flying through Royal Air2Sea.. Charlotte to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to Barcelona...........then jumping on a Celebrity sailing that ends in Rome.....so would then need a one way flight from Rome to Charlotte.

Praying that is doable, all through Air2Sea.............When will flights be available for a June 2024 cruises? 1 year ahead or is it longer when we can set this all  up??

It varies by airlines but typically around 300 days before departure. That sounds like a great itinerary! Happy Cruising!

• Thanks 1