Boarding times at Sydney OPT

We’re boarding Ovation on the 15th January and being our first cruise since COVID I didn’t realise that you had to nominate a check in time. So the earliest time I got was 330pm which is so much later than we usually board. How strict are they with the timing and what is involved in the medical check? 

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

You could turn up early but you might be turned away. Drop your bags and go for a walk.

They want to see you vaccination certificate and a screenshot of a RAT .

Unless you are one of the 'Speshul people' like a select few on here, whose names will not be disclosed in order to protect the innocent.😁

Edited by NSWP

We boarded Celebrity Eclipse yesterday.

Our "nominated time" for check-in was 13.00 to 13.30

We arrived at 12.30 and were in our cabin at 12.50. Bags were delivered by 14.00

A well-oiled machine in this case.

Nobody seemed to batter an eye l7d that we were a BIT early.

Perhaps it was before the rush.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Unless you are one of the 'Speshul people' like a select few on here, whose names will not be disclosed in order to protect the innocent.😁

Well it’s a complicated relationship with me and Graham.
When we were in that Viet cong prison and it took its toll, on both of us.

loud music, sodium Pentothal, L.S.D ,sleepless nights ,Vietnamese food.

Hey those Asian ladies in uniform??? Uncle Less !!

Thinking back ,I could do with a bit of that.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Well it’s a complicated relationship with me and Graham.
When we were in that Viet cong prison and it took its toll, on both of us.

loud music, sodium Pentothal, L.S.D ,sleepless nights ,Vietnamese food.

Hey those Asian ladies in uniform??? Uncle Less !!

Thinking back ,I could do with a bit of that.

Yes, well after reading some of  the dribble that you write, I guess I made an error in trying to help you out.  It will not happen again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, winky81 said:

We’re boarding Ovation on the 15th January and being our first cruise since COVID I didn’t realise that you had to nominate a check in time. So the earliest time I got was 330pm which is so much later than we usually board. How strict are they with the timing and what is involved in the medical check? 

Medical check is just producing the requested vaccination certificates etc. The check in times are designed to control the number of people inside the terminal at one time and reduce queues ( social distancing )  If you want to come earlier and the numbers are ok they will probably let you through but not guaranteed as “circumstances”  on the day may not allow. By 3:30pm the majority of guests are on board  so depending on what you have planned an earlier time could be an “ option” . They can only say no.

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Medical check is just producing the requested vaccination certificates etc. The check in times are designed to control the number of people inside the terminal at one time and reduce queues ( social distancing )  If you want to come earlier and the numbers are ok they will probably let you through but not guaranteed as “circumstances”  on the day may not allow. By 3:30pm the majority of guests are on board  so depending on what you have planned an earlier time could be an “ option” . They can on”y say no.

Thank you Graham , We all respect you valued contribution here.

I think I can speak for everyone here.

• Like 1