Latitudes free dinner

OttawaJohn

Hi all

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

How do the free dinners work at the Platinum level?  It says you get a dinner for two at Cagney's or Le Bistro & Dinner for Two at Moderno or La Cucina.

Do they decide which if the ship has both or can you decide?  And how do you coordinate that, is it on your account like a free specialty dining?

Thanks in advance

This has recently changed so you can now use them in any speciality restaurant. You just can’t go to the same one twice.

It is your choice. Just book them in the normal way. You will get a voucher to present.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

This has recently changed so you can now use them in any speciality restaurant. You just can’t go to the same one twice.

It is your choice. Just book them in the normal way. You will get a voucher to present.

Love this new change and hope it lasts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

Is this new info from experience or something you read? The website still says that one perk is the choice between LeBistro and Cagneys and the second is a choice between  Moderno or La Cucina (other options if ship has different venues). We sail in 2-3 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Raleigh Traveler said:

Is this new info from experience or something you read? The website still says that one perk is the choice between LeBistro and Cagneys and the second is a choice between  Moderno or La Cucina (other options if ship has different venues). We sail in 2-3 weeks.

Not my experience, but it has been reported enough times on here to know that it is correct info. The website hasn’t been changed but many people have used the changed options.

The change isn’t particularly new. It has been around for a few months now.

Edited by KeithJenner

17 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Not my experience, but it has been reported enough times on here to know that it is correct info. The website hasn’t been changed but many people have used the changed options.

Thanks for the clarification. I have seen comments that seemed to indicate more freedom to choose but was unsure if a policy change or just some crews being flexible. Our cruise on the 21st will be our first at Platinum so good to know.

56 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

58 minutes ago, Raleigh Traveler said:

This is the way the program is being executed now. We have been on two cruises since the change. 

Pro Tip: Since the Platinum vouchers are supposed to be limited to 1-1-1 (1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert), we used them at fixed price restaurants like Moderno and Teppanyaki and save our SDP (which allows more selections) for a la carte restaurants like Le Bistro. 

You can check with the Cruise Next desk if there are any onboard restrictions. For example, on the Prima, we were told that we could not use the voucher with wine at Palomar or Onda because they were featuring their Sustainable wines and did not carry the full selection of "freebie" wines. 

Don't forget your free bag of laundry. 

Platinum Free Wine List from the Prima in December. 

image.thumb.png.7fc9c70762ceb249f9e6a0a28451f31a.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

Just noticed at LeBistro there is now a 10.00 upcharge for the tenderloin. Do you know if that is waived with either dining package SDP or Platinum voucher? Seems strange to have an upcharge as it never has before. 

Thank you

47 minutes ago, NJLVW said:

Just noticed at LeBistro there is now a 10.00 upcharge for the tenderloin. Do you know if that is waived with either dining package SDP or Platinum voucher? Seems strange to have an upcharge as it never has before. 

Thank you

Wow! No matter how you are paying, they will charge you the $10.

2 hours ago, Davechipp74 said:

If you're travailing solo do you get 4 free meals? 

As others have noted, the newer is that you get two coupons for two meals.  BUT, the coupons are good for two people.  You can treat a second person on your voucher.  If that second person is also Platinum you can treat each other and both get four meals.  On some of the roll calls or pages on the face-place they do link up solos for this purpose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJLVW said:

Thank you

Wow.  Not happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJLVW said:

Thank you

That looks new to me.  Surprise!!

14 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Seems all of the specialty menus changed as of 1/1... Upcharges and Premium beverage package choices changed.

$10 + 20%, for your "convenience" huh.  Fixed it for everyone.    

Leaving no stone untouched ...  Why not impose an across-the-board dining surcharge

I can almost smell what's coming next for our "free" tiered benefits but not going to provide Frankie & Larry with ideas.  It is what it is.  

• Like 1

My wife and I are both Platinum.  I know we get two vouchers.  We have a third person in our cabin who is a new cruiser.  Could my wife use one voucher and take our friend while i use the other voucher for just myself and all eat together for that meal?   Or would they count that as using two vouchers at the same restaurant?  I'm wondering if that might be allowed since neither of us individually are eating two meals in same restaurant.  I checked NCLs Latitudes FAQ, didn't see this addressed.  

"

I think the $10 tenderloin upcharge at Le Bistro may be related to the foie gras?  The extra charge does not appear on Cagneys, Ocean Blue, or La Cocina.  

on the positive side the $5 upcharge for crab cake appetizers appears to be gone now."

Does NCL have the new menus somewhere on the website (tried and could not find) or is this purely from passengers on existing sailing providing the news?

17 minutes ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

"

I think the $10 tenderloin upcharge at Le Bistro may be related to the foie gras?  The extra charge does not appear on Cagneys, Ocean Blue, or La Cocina.  

on the positive side the $5 upcharge for crab cake appetizers appears to be gone now."

Does NCL have the new menus somewhere on the website (tried and could not find) or is this purely from passengers on existing sailing providing the news?

They can keep the foie gras as my DH won't want that...lol

Glad to see not on Cagney's menu and the upcharge for crab cakes did go away.

I found the menus on the ncl site. We have a cruise booked so when I go to explore dining when you look at the different restaurants there is a link for view menu. They are sample menus but all of them are now updated for 2023. Hmm may have to go to Cagney's 3 times and no LeBistro. lol

Thank you everyone.

22 minutes ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

"

The new menus can be found at least on the NCL app if you have a cruise booked. Here is the first page of Le Bistro (btw there is still the lamb shank dish, it just doesn’t fit to this page). 

F22699A4-B75E-4DB0-9560-362597B7D398.jpeg

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

15 hours ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

"

We just got off the Joy and had specialty dining package.  There was an upcharge at Cagney's for my wife when she got the surf and turf, due to the lobster addition.