Pre Testing & Booster Shots for Longer Cruises?

mcrcruiser

This question is for people taking over 14 day cruises in the near future . What we understand is that  pre covid testing is required & a Booster shot  must have been administered   within the last 6 months . 

Is this all true ?

This is what we got so far : 15 day cruises & longer   .We are hoping this ends this year as we have a longer cruise in 2024 of 18 days

Enhanced Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Enhanced Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination

• All guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. A booster dose is required for guests 18 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 5 months.
  • Only one booster dose is needed to be considered boosted.
  • Guests under 18 years of age do not need to be vaccinated, have a booster dose or apply for an exemption.

Testing

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a COVID-19 Test.
    • Medically observed PCR test taken within 3 days before embarkation.
    • Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test must be taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Please upload all required documentation to the VeriFLY app for a quick and seamless embarkation process.

13 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

This is what we got so far : 15 day cruises & longer   .We are hoping this ends this year as we have a longer cruise in 2024 of 18 days

Enhanced Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Enhanced Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination

• All guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. A booster dose is required for guests 18 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 5 months.
  • Only one booster dose is needed to be considered boosted.
  • Guests under 18 years of age do not need to be vaccinated, have a booster dose or apply for an exemption.

Testing

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a COVID-19 Test.
    • Medically observed PCR test taken within 3 days before embarkation.
    • Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test must be taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Please upload all required documentation to the VeriFLY app for a quick and seamless embarkation process.

So the booster shot has to have been made more than five months prior to boarding, not within the prior six months.  I'm glad that was clarified because I was wondering how one can get a second dose of the latest vaccine, assuming that one had already received that booster.  

However, what constitutes "medically observed"" home test - one does it in the doctor's office?  By telecom?  

You only need a Booster shot, if your final vaccination of your original series, is longer than 5 months ago. Once you have at least 1 Booster you are considered to be fully vaccinated.  There is no time limit on how long ago you had the Booster, except sometimes they want it taken at least 14 days before you cruise.

My problem is that I can not take any more covid vaccines ,Reason is on the first  one shot Johnson & Johnson  vaccination ,I had a life threatening  reaction of having extreme difficulty breathing . I am 84 & my doctors warned me never to take that vaccine  because it could kill me .  I am hoping that this requirement will be waived for our  Hawaii cruise Jan 30 ,2024  . Right now  the Holland America Web sire will not respond to ur booking number ;as it is too early 

My son in law  found a Cleveland clinic research report indicating that people who take boosters  are more inclined to get covid .

There is a lot of controversy about covid &  booster shots 

1 hour ago, SteelMagnolia9 said:

I don’t believe you can get an exemption today if you were going on the cruise. It could change by 2024. Be prepared, though, that you may not be able to go if a booster is still required. 

This is a very interesting subject ,  To the best of my knowledge neither the  Federal government  nor the CDC have any requirements that require vaccinations or booster shots to sail on any cruise ship .Then there is  the  Cleveland clinic 50000 cases that boosters do not stop people from getting  covid 

I have tried ti reach out to hAL corporate & was able to speak with a supervisor . . There are many people who cruise who will not take vaccinations nor booster shots  & neither the US government nor the CDC has any requirement to be vaccinated or boosted to cruise 

4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

I have tried ti reach out to hAL corporate & was able to speak with a supervisor . . There are many people who cruise who will not take vaccinations nor booster shots  & neither the US government nor the CDC has any requirement to be vaccinated or boosted to cruise 

True, but the countries you plan to visit May have such requirements.  EM

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 8:56 PM, mcrcruiser said:

So does this mean that cruises of 15 days or longer are only fully vaccinated and boosted  passengers?  

9 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Then there is  the  Cleveland clinic 50000 cases that boosters do not stop people from getting  covid 

The vaccines and subsequent boosters never, ever, EVER  claimed to "stop people from getting covid".  There is verifiable data however, that they have stopped people from DYING from covid.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

True, but the countries you plan to visit May have such requirements.  EM

Not Hawaii nor Mexico cruises from San Diego  . The orient is  possible because of Chinas breakout on covid  .?