Voyager 1/6-1/15

11 minutes ago, jamin jul said:

Curious also if there is a white party? Silent disco? Did you pay for the internet package or do you go to the hot spots? Thought I read this. I don’t care about internet but husband wants it so I haven’t really paid attention to info. On it.

I'll check on white party and disco.  Paid for a 1 device package when it was on sale pre cruise.  No hot spots.  The Royal app is free but that doesn't connect you with the outside world.  You can message someone else onboard for free through the app,  check your account, see menus, and daily schedule including what you booked. 

We were in Barbados today. A free shuttle from the ship to the terminal.  Took a taxi into the center of town and back, $4 each way for 2 people.  We have walked it in the past but it was hot. Headliner show tonight.  Dh stayed, I left.  The Gold Art Duo. "Featurescircus-styleaerial acrobatics, dance, comedy, majic..."  had been on America's got talent.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jamin jul said:

Curious also if there is a white party? Silent disco? Did you pay for the internet package or do you go to the hot spots? Thought I read this. I don’t care about internet but husband wants it so I haven’t really paid attention to info. 

Edited by njkruzer

In Antigua today, along with Vision and an Azamera ship. Took the Betty's Hope tour.  We had a very good tour guide, Rowan. He gave us each a taste of a local rum punch.   Pleasant weather.  Enjoyable afternoon.   Production show tonight.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 10:49 AM, island lady said:

The passengers are there on Freewinds...but have never..ever..once seen the small ship leave Aruba  port.  Plus you don't see a lot of anyone going on or off the ship.   Notice the heavily loaded three large dumpsters next to the ship as well.  😵

NCL Epic is next to us right now in Cuacao....indeed very busy in town.  Huge (and IMHO...not very pretty ship).   

Scary to know what might be in there. IYKYK

• Like 2

On 1/12/2023 at 11:23 AM, Husky1987 said:

I’ve seen a couple of the “service” dogs as well, including a German Shepherd…probably the biggest one I’ve seen in all my cruises.

Totally makes sense about the PR school schedule.  Asked my wife what she thought the percentage of Spanish speaking guests was and she said 75%. 

The Tui ship next to us is the old Splendour.

In other news, got this delivered today.

962F63E6-EFB9-46E5-B6A0-34299FE84D3C.thumb.jpeg.485d028e9b9c8423a5817e5c1f96fad5.jpeg

I was supposed to get mine on the December cruise!  Had to actually call Crown and Anchor and expected in April.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Prisoners.  😳

I actually saw a couple boarding the ship when we were there this week!  It’s always kinda creepy with the doors closed.  But they were driven up in a van, they boarded, and a couple workers from the ship loaded up about 6 suitcases.  I saw a few people walking around deck in the morning and evening…wondering what kinds of things go on during the day. 😬

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I was supposed to get mine on the December cruise!  Had to actually call Crown and Anchor and expected in April.

I still never got mine from an Adventure cruise back in 2018 or so…every cruise I keep thinking of going to see the LA to see if I can get one but every time I think about it onboard I always decide I have better things to do 🤣 maybe I’ll just call C&A like you did…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

I actually saw a couple boarding the ship when we were there this week!  It’s always kinda creepy with the doors closed.  But they were driven up in a van, they boarded, and a couple workers from the ship loaded up about 6 suitcases.  I saw a few people walking around deck in the morning and evening…wondering what kinds of things go on during the day. 😬

When we pulled into Aurba here on Jewel last week, there were actually 20-30 pax wandering around on deck that morning.  They were not there long, but all of them were wearing black, and they all gathered on the bow deck for a bit...then disappeared.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I don't eat it but it was last night, night 8.

Wow they had it on last night. Was it dress your best or formal night?  I have never seen them do a lobster/ formal night last night

16 minutes ago, renza said:

Wow they had it on last night. Was it dress your best or formal night?  I have never seen them do a lobster/ formal night last night

Night 8 was not last night. Today,  day 9 is last night.  9 night cruise.  Formal was night 2 and dress to impress was night 6, a sea day. Several of our port days were late departures.

• Like 1

Last night. Head home tomorrow.  Will try to post cruise compasses when we get home.  For those who use the Diamond lounge the current concierge, Gabriel, is leaving tomorrow.  He'll be bain mid March.   He was very good. Replacing him is Sue. We had her on the Jewel TA. Was not impressed then or in the few days now.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

On one ABC cruise, Freewinds was in each port with us. They were very active. Everyone wore blue coveralls, some people had white coveralls. They were doing calisthenics on the deck in the morning. And one afternoon they were all doing some sort of water drills in the small boats. It was kind of interesting. 

Sitting at SKU airport. We had planned to go to OSJ, check our luggage at Barrachina's, wander around before heading to the airport but DH got concerned about traffic so we went straight to airport.  We have a 2:40 flight and were here after 9. Were not allowed to check in.  You cannot checkin more than 4 hrs before your flight.   Not many places to wait...I found a windowsill.   Exactly 4 hrs before we were on line, still had to wait a little but got checked on and head to gate.  So be forewarned when making your plans

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Sitting at SKU airport. We had planned to go to OSJ, check our luggage at Barrachina's, wander around before heading to the airport but DH got concerned about traffic so we went straight to airport.  We have a 2:40 flight and were here after 9. Were not allowed to check in.  You cannot checkin more than 4 hrs before your flight.   Not many places to wait...I found a windowsill.   Exactly 4 hrs before we were on line, still had to wait a little but got checked on and head to gate.  So be forewarned when making your plans

Oh my. Long wait. We don’t have a flight till 5:30. Was planning on buying Royal excursion for $13 that takes our luggage and drops us in old San Juan. Picks us up later and takes us to airport. 

@njkruzer thank you again for this thread!  Sorry we didn’t connect…hopefully on the Radiance PC in October.  

We are sitting in Houston for a few hours waiting for our flight to Seattle.  My wife and I both agree this was one of our favorite cruises.  We haven’t been on this class in awhile…Adventure has always been my fave so it was nice to get back.  

We actually loved the vibe of the ship.  I’d say over 75% Spanish speaking. My wife speaks passable Spanish so she blended in pretty well.  One (nicely!) odd thing…I’ve never heard so many people say good morning (actually “buenos dias”).  Happened nearly every time someone new got on the elevator.  It was really kinda nice.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

@njkruzer thank you again for this thread!  Sorry we didn’t connect…hopefully on the Radiance PC in October.  

We are sitting in Houston for a few hours waiting for our flight to Seattle.  My wife and I both agree this was one of our favorite cruises.  We haven’t been on this class in awhile…Adventure has always been my fave so it was nice to get back.  

We actually loved the vibe of the ship.  I’d say over 75% Spanish speaking. My wife speaks passable Spanish so she blended in pretty well.  One (nicely!) odd thing…I’ve never heard so many people say good morning (actually “buenos dias”).  Happened nearly every time someone new got on the elevator.  It was really kinda nice.

Are you boarding in San Diego or Vancouver?  We're boarding in Vancouver.