LIVE- Valiant Lady- 1/14/23-1/22/23

MeganGC1983

35 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

We already have a Sea Terrace XL but thinking of trying the Rockstar Serious Suite just for grins... and the perks.

One question- some of the Mega Rockstar suites talk about an unlimited bar, but the Serious Suite says it includes 'some selected beverages'... any clue what that means?

They refill the Mega Rockstar bars in the room plus you get bar credit around the ship. The regular rockstar suite guests have an in-cabin bar which consists of some bottles of wine, a couple of beers, vodka, gin, whiskey, tequila and rum, and once it’s gone, it is NOT replaced. Hope that helps. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Every time I’ve tried to use the app this afternoon, I’ve got this. Hope it’s a good sign. 

0953C5D3-85DC-4FBC-81EB-DCE5708CCF63.png

From my experience, the app always goes wonky a few days before departure, then magically works again...

• Like 3

My wife and I are also sailing on this cruise.  While we are very excited for our first VV the colder sail away weather means us adding jackets.  Yes for us Florida people 63 and windy is down right cold.  Not sure how Richards Rooftop will be in that.   If we don't see you at the JW, which we are there Friday night also, we should run into you at the Bucs game.  Glad to hear they should have it on!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Flbeachboy said:

My wife and I are also sailing on this cruise.  While we are very excited for our first VV the colder sail away weather means us adding jackets.  Yes for us Florida people 63 and windy is down right cold.  Not sure how Richards Rooftop will be in that.   If we don't see you at the JW, which we are there Friday night also, we should run into you at the Bucs game.  Glad to hear they should have it on!

I’ll be there! 

• Like 1

I called a little while ago to see what it would cost to upgrade from a Central Sea Terrace to an XL Sea Terrace and they wanted $400 (total)  not worth it for a larger bathroom so staying put.  I did see the 63 degrees for Saturday in Miami, probably be wearing jeans and a jacket for sail away.  That's ok, warmer than where we are now. Lol   We are flying southwest so free checked bags is good since we are on another cruise after this one so we packed extra clothes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, surfone said:

I called a little while ago to see what it would cost to upgrade from a Central Sea Terrace to an XL Sea Terrace and they wanted $400 (total)  not worth it for a larger bathroom so staying put.  I did see the 63 degrees for Saturday in Miami, probably be wearing jeans and a jacket for sail away.  That's ok, warmer than where we are now. Lol   We are flying southwest so free checked bags is good since we are on another cruise after this one so we packed extra clothes.

I didn’t offer that much for an XL so we will probably be staying put too. 😆 See you soon. 

• Like 5

On 1/9/2023 at 1:43 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Ran in to Target real fast to check out the new spring swimwear… grabbed a new top. And, I guess I’ll go back tomorrow. 

image.jpg

Had this happen before but didn't realize until I was on a ship putting on the shirt for dinner.  Luckily I had other nice tops I could wear. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:29 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Add ons: 

of course we have bar tab with a $50 bonus. 
Also, Deep Blue Extras matching our Platinum status on Carnival which includes priority embarkation, laundry services, $100 bar tab bonus, exclusive sailor services line, $10/day specialty coffee budget, cocktail party, and premium wifi. 
I also grabbed a Splash of Romance package to try out the spa and shake for champagne. I’ve gone back and forth if this is really needed, but I decided might as well try it once. 
I also have an additional $125 in Sailor’s Loot. 
I did bid on a suite or two… Seriously Suite and a Sweet aft Suite. Deciding factor on that was one, a bigger bathroom. Two, the champagne hours on Richard’s Rooftop. If you’re new here, I drink a lot of champagne. I felt that in the time given, I could definitely make it worth the money. Still awaiting word on the suites. I’m not getting my hopes up, but in my Dumb and Dumber voice “so you’re telling me there’s a chance”! 😉

B5D15F77-D1A3-41F1-84F7-A99681F3C8AD.jpeg

Those are some pretty good perks you got there, Meegan. What do they give diamonds? Is that a limited time deal or are you always going to get that with them now?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Those are some pretty good perks you got there, Meegan. What do they give diamonds? Is that a limited time deal or are you always going to get that with them now?

They will status match until March 31, 2023. May get extended. It has all ready once. 

• Like 1