Civitavecchia Hotels

Jancruz

On 1/9/2023 at 6:25 PM, Jancruz said:

Has anyone stayed in Civitavecchia while waitng for the ship..We will be on Vista May 6 - 13 and prefer to stay near the port..

does anyone have a really nice hotel they stayed at there??

If we stay in Rome it will be at Hotel Art or Corso Boutique..has anyone stayed at either

..I have been in Rome many times but like to change hotels to preview them..

Thanks,

Janncruz1

There is a nice Hilton hotel that is connected to the airport by a walkway. We have stayed there several times pre-Covid. Don’ know if they still do this, but they used to have a shuttle into Rome for guests. So you could go into the city for a few hours to dine or see the sites.

1 hour ago, tipsygirl said:

There is a nice Hilton hotel that is connected to the airport by a walkway. We have stayed there several times pre-Covid. Don’ know if they still do this, but they used to have a shuttle into Rome for guests. So you could go into the city for a few hours to dine or see the sites.

We use Romeinlimos for tours around Rome and transfer to port. 
We have a son with a Blue badge. Not sure what the American equivalent is. We have parked by all the major sites with little walking. Even police cars moved/ welcomed us. The drivers take you to local cafes/restaurants and will let you decide pace etc. son needs a slower pace.  Although we have been to all of Romes major tourist attractions the firm always surprise us with new gems. 

With their transfers you can call at a town on the way to the port to enjoy coffee / gelato/ lunch. 

3 hours ago, welshfamily said:

We use Romeinlimos for tours around Rome and transfer to port. 
We have a son with a Blue badge. Not sure what the American equivalent is. We have parked by all the major sites with little walking. Even police cars moved/ welcomed us. The drivers take you to local cafes/restaurants and will let you decide pace etc. son needs a slower pace.  Although we have been to all of Romes major tourist attractions the firm always surprise us with new gems. 

With their transfers you can call at a town on the way to the port to enjoy coffee / gelato/ lunch. 

Thats funny, I use Claudio at Limosinrome for years..BTW I ended up staying at Palazzo Montemartini if any one knows of it..

Thanks everyone for all the help, I am waiting for the Golf Cart Company to answer me and I am settled for Rome unless someone knows of a great restaurant near the hotel..

Jancruz1

Hi Jan,  here is my food bible in Rome.  The Roman Guys restaurant picks, the link is for the Termini/Monti area.   https://theromanguy.com/italy-travel-blog/rome/places-to-eat-in-monti-rome/

If you can get over to Via Urbana, there are numerous great restaurants.  It’s a 5-10 min walk from your hotel or a short Uber.  Roman Guy also has a fantastic food tour for something different.

If you go left out of your hotel and around the Finance Ministry, La Pentolaccia is also excellent.  Reasonably priced with great food.  It was recommended when staying at St Regis.  And right behind it, one street over is Il Come for Gelato.

So many options, but every restaurant that Roman Guy has recommended has been very good.

1 hour ago, the more ports the better said:

Hi Jan,  here is my food bible in Rome.  The Roman Guys restaurant picks, the link is for the Termini/Monti area.   https://theromanguy.com/italy-travel-blog/rome/places-to-eat-in-monti-rome/

If you can get over to Via Urbana, there are numerous great restaurants.  It’s a 5-10 min walk from your hotel or a short Uber.  Roman Guy also has a fantastic food tour for something different.

If you go left out of your hotel and around the Finance Ministry, La Pentolaccia is also excellent.  Reasonably priced with great food.  It was recommended when staying at St Regis.  And right behind it, one street over is Il Come for Gelato.

So many options, but every restaurant that Roman Guy has recommended has been very good.

For future people with questions about Civitavecchia/Rome, , I suggest consulting Toms Port Guides.com.  He has one for Civitavecchia which I found helpful. Not sure how current it is because my computer doesn't seem to want me to bring up my copy on the computer.  But it's also helpful for things to do in the vicinity should you come in prior to cruise departure. When we were there last (November 2017 I think) I was also able to talk to a couple that had given him information about their recent trip.

Mura

27 minutes ago, Mura said:

For future people with questions about Civitavecchia/Rome, , I suggest consulting Toms Port Guides.com.  He has one for Civitavecchia which I found helpful. Not sure how current it is because my computer doesn't seem to want me to bring up my copy on the computer.  But it's also helpful for things to do in the vicinity should you come in prior to cruise departure. When we were there last (November 2017 I think) I was also able to talk to a couple that had given him information about their recent trip.

Mura

P.S.  I just looked at Tom's Port Guides and the issue I had on file dated from 2012 but he has issued one in 2017.  He also has advice about travel from Rome to the port.

Although ... our experience has been that just googling taxi services Rome to Port was fine.

Mura

3 hours ago, Mura said:

P.S.  I just looked at Tom's Port Guides and the issue I had on file dated from 2012 but he has issued one in 2017.  He also has advice about travel from Rome to the port.

Although ... our experience has been that just googling taxi services Rome to Port was fine.

Mura

Thanks Mura, I can always count on great information from you..

Hope to see you soon

Jancruz1