What is "Exclusive Sail & Sustain Mixology Experience" ?

barric

32 minutes ago, barric said:

This is our first sailing with Sapphire.  Can anyone advise what this latitude perk is?

It's for Diamond and Ambassador, not Sapphire.

On a sea day, one of the bars (like Great Outdoors or H2O) is set up with a selection of eight cocktails made from recycled food ingredients (like coffee grounds).  The bartender explains how each is made as you taste each in turn.

OK a couple of times, but the novelty soon wears off. We just go as a way to meet other Diamonds and above, there's usually only 4-10 people present.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wcook said:

Am I the only degenerate who has no interest in a mixology experience and just wants some booze?  

Same here, it's a free drink, and often interesting people.  But on a recent short cruise with only one sea day it was scheduled just two hours after the wine tasting, too much for one day... 

It would be nice if there was some benefit to Diamonds (like free internet!) that wasn't just another way to promote alcohol sales (which doesn't work for us, we have no intention of paying for more of the same). 

Really once you reach Platinum (free meals, laundry) there's nothing significant added as you move up.

Edited by Rob_H
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

Really once you reach Platinum (free meals, laundry) there's nothing significant added as you move up

I know, right? 

It's sort of like school where you got an "A" for 90%, but if you did better...say a 93%, 97%, or even 100%...you still only got an "A"!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, barric said:

It now shows as a sapphire perk.  

The app and the website both show it limited to Diamond and Ambassador. There wouldn't be the capacity to extend it further, it's limited to the number of seats at the bar.

1 hour ago, Rob_H said:

It's for Diamond and Ambassador, not Sapphire.

On a sea day, one of the bars (like Great Outdoors or H2O) is set up with a selection of eight cocktails made from recycled food ingredients (like coffee grounds).  The bartender explains how each is made as you taste each in turn.

OK a couple of times, but the novelty soon wears off. We just go as a way to meet other Diamonds and above, there's usually only 4-10 people present.

So it’s just the daily cocktails from the sail and sustain…I’ve tried them all but I guess you learn the recipes…

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I aagree, there is no reason to go beyond platinium, ont top of that, almost everybody is getting platinium, so it is not special anmore and priority perks make no sense when so much people have it..

At msc they are more clever: if you don't cruise once every three year you loose your status (akthough thats very aggressive...) They could have remove 50 points each year after each two years not sailing

Going to saphire should have had something more interesting like 20% reduction on "spa access pass"

30% reduction for diamond

40% reduction for ambassador

Or reduction on the "vibe beach club" ?

Those would be intresesting incentives to go higher up the lattitudes

I have no idea how we can communicate with those that create the lattitiude tiers to tell them that

Btw: most of the perks are things you can also purchase or don't make much difference when you have a suite balcony or haven

Edited by sebastienbo

On our recent Joy cruise the most of the time the bar outside the Sugarcane was only serving the Eco-cocktail of the day and beer.  That was annoying.  For a couple days it was some cocktail made out of used (leftover) pineapple so that didn't appeal to me.  I feel this will be a short lived attempt at trying to be eco-popular.  p.s. NCL don't take up good outdoor bar space with gross drinks

On 1/11/2023 at 3:47 PM, SeaShark said:

I know, right? 

It's sort of like school where you got an "A" for 90%, but if you did better...say a 93%, 97%, or even 100%...you still only got an "A"!!

Always nice to nap for a coupla hours after the tasting…zzzz…

Cheers!

On 2/19/2023 at 12:28 PM, NoMoreRain said:

On our recent Joy cruise the most of the time the bar outside the Sugarcane was only serving the Eco-cocktail of the day and beer.  That was annoying.  For a couple days it was some cocktail made out of used (leftover) pineapple so that didn't appeal to me.  I feel this will be a short lived attempt at trying to be eco-popular.  p.s. NCL don't take up good outdoor bar space with gross drinks

That is a little strange. When we were on the Getaway, the bar had normal drinks, and the special drink of the day. We usually stopped after dinner to try the special drink. The bartender's name was A J very friendly, made that part of the cruise special. I found of the drinks I really liked and he made it for a few days for me.

16 minutes ago, Biffire said:

That is a little strange. When we were on the Getaway, the bar had normal drinks, and the special drink of the day. We usually stopped after dinner to try the special drink. The bartender's name was A J very friendly, made that part of the cruise special. I found of the drinks I really liked and he made it for a few days for me.

Sugarcane, on the Waterfront, on Getaway is the best bar on the ship. I put it above the Haven bar! The view is stunning and the bartenders are always exceptional. July and Desirel were wonderful. And, I did have the sustainable drinks. Unlike @zzdoug, I did enjoy the drinks, especially the banana one and pineapple drink. Mmmm!

Like you, I was able to order whatever drink I wanted and the bartenders would surprise me with all sorts of new drinks that became my favs! I really hope Joy's outdoor Sugarcane will be able to live up to Getaway's standard.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

So now we have woke drinking?  🤣

Isn't my Scotch made with sustainable components?  I (eventually) do return any consumed to mother earth. 😎

We have woke port cancellations too.

I'm the wokiest woke of the woke, by the way!

23 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

We have woke port cancellations too.

I'm the wokiest woke of the woke, by the way!

Does that mean I have to drop the 12 year old Scotch and drink something made from coffee grounds or banana peals?  I don't really like the sound of that. 🐀

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Sugarcane, on the Waterfront, on Getaway is the best bar on the ship. I put it above the Haven bar! The view is stunning and the bartenders are always exceptional. July and Desirel were wonderful. And, I did have the sustainable drinks. Unlike @zzdoug, I did enjoy the drinks, especially the banana one and pineapple drink. Mmmm!

Like you, I was able to order whatever drink I wanted and the bartenders would surprise me with all sorts of new drinks that became my favs! I really hope Joy's outdoor Sugarcane will be able to live up to Getaway's standard.

Actually those sound pretty good. Arm twisted. 

• Haha 1

We are Sapphire, and on the Bliss (Panama Canal cruise this January) we were offered the sail/sustain mixology experience and I can honestly say, it wasn't something I would want to do again.  Why drink something you don't particularly like when you've got a beverage package that allows you to chose something you enjoy?  The drinks were different (tasted to me like liquor shots with sediment) and I guess worth trying once?  By the way, they aren't grinding up meat products 😉, just over ripe fruit (some rinds), coffee grounds and I think croissant.