Medallion app login question

gottagocit

When first beginning to use the app it asked for a login & password. The Princess.com login doesn’t work. At least it wouldn’t for us. However just as on Princess.com we were able to enter the booking ID and last name and were taken to our booking. Each time we’ve come back to the app it has kept our voyage info and took us directly to it. 
However I’m not sure if we do not create a new login for the app will there be any features that aren’t available once onboard or is there any particular issue that we’ll discover later?  I just hate to create another login and password to keep up with if it’s not necessary. 

Thanks 

Does your password have a symbol in it?  If not that could be the reason.

I had used my regular Princess password in the app successfully for 5 cruises since the restart.  I logged out at one point because the app was glitchy and tried to log back in while preparing for cruise #6.  I couldn't.  Instead I logged in with a booking number for a while.

Then I noticed that on the password screen it was looking for a password that included a symbol and mine didn't have one.  I went to Princess.com, changed my password to include a symbol, then logged back into the Medallion app and haven't had logon issues since.

Pretty sure that the web page has that requirement now too but that seems to have grandfathered the old passwords whereas the app didn't.  Not sure if this is your problem but thought it was worth mentioning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Does your password have a symbol in it?  If not that could be the reason.

Wow. Very good observation and idea. Thanks for the suggestion. 

I’ve just tried to change the password on the website. Unfortunately after going through the “link” and requesting a reset per their instruction I got to the point of entering the new password and can’t get beyond “Having technical difficulties, please try again or call Princess…..”

Hopefully I still have a working password and can try again later. Ugh!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Wow. Very good observation and idea. Thanks for the suggestion. 

I’ve just tried to change the password on the website. Unfortunately after going through the “link” and requesting a reset per their instruction I got to the point of entering the new password and can’t get beyond “Having technical difficulties, please try again or call Princess…..”

Hopefully I still have a working password and can try again later. Ugh!!

Oh no, so sorry it's not cooperating.  I hope that it resolves itself and you don't have to call 😞 .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use the booking number.  My website login password doesn't work on the app.  I can log into the app with the same user name I use on the website but I have two different passwords. Go figure.  And if I try to change the password on the website, to match the app, it loses all my account info and thinks I am a new user.

So I just gave up and use the booking number.

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I was very careful to use a good password (which uses character(s) for both the website and the app...I use the same set of credentials for both.  Easier to remember that way.

My account on Princess website is years old. When I tried to use the same password for the app, it wouldn't let me because it had different criteria , then I couldn't change the website one to match or lose everything. Its all just really bad IT

4 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Its all just really bad IT

Yes it REALLY is!  I retired from IT...I cringe at almost every "enhancement" that they push out.  I really don't think they are doing any real testing before pushing something out "live".

That being said...you *should* be able to change your web password.  I did.

9 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

My account on Princess website is years old. When I tried to use the same password for the app, it wouldn't let me because it had different criteria , then I couldn't change the website one to match or lose everything. Its all just really bad IT

I had the same result when trying to change mine today. Still can’t do it a couple hours later. 

3 hours ago, gottagocit said:

I had the same result when trying to change mine today. Still can’t do it a couple hours later. 

I had the "technical difficulties" message when I tried to log in to princess.com on my phone.  But I tried on my laptop (Chrome browser) it slowly let me in.  Something is definitely going on today.  Well something goes on every day, it just seems a little worse today!

• 7 months later...

I could not log on to the app using my email address and password (same as I use on the web) but I was able to long on to the app by entering my username into the email address box and then entering my password. The Princess app seems a little wonky to me.

On 1/12/2023 at 3:23 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I was very careful to use a good password (which uses character(s) for both the website and the app...I use the same set of credentials for both.  Easier to remember that way.

Princess is setup to use same Userid and Pswd for both the App and Princess.com.  No one should be attempting to have different Id and Pswd.

• Haha 1

I don't have any issue with logging on to the Princess web site; the problem is that it doesn't accept my booking number, [which is valid].  Three calls to Princess and even though the "navigator" said all is fixed, it's not!  My question is---is it too early, (cruise is for next March) to complete the app?  Does Princess say, 'the cruise is scheduled for next March, we have plenty of time to fix this, let it go'?  Even though the cruise at least 7 months away, I like to have things in order now. Is it too much to ask? What do ya think?  thanks all. 

• Thanks 1

Nothing works for me whether it is my web logon or my booking number

I get server down message or our records do not match. Yet I go to my computer and can log on.

also when looking for the app on App Store I never see the button to GET.

worse app ever as I have. I issues with Royal or Disney.

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Nothing works for me whether it is my web logon or my booking number

I get server down message or our records do not match. Yet I go to my computer and can log on.

also when looking for the app on App Store I never see the button to GET.

worse app ever as I have. I issues with Royal or Disney.

Back in 2019 on a Princess cruise had absolutely no issues with setting up/using the Medallion app.  Not in 2023-- agree-- the worse!

6 hours ago, Pickels said:

There are different versions of the app?  Didn't know that?

Okay, put it this way.  There have been scores of versions of the App released, but only one version is official at a time and only one version - be it the most current or not - lives on your device at any moment.

SOME of the App functions are available on a second platform (web access from a browser) with all functions delivered in the smart device App (Play Store sourced). 

The Web version has the Ocean Ready functions, plus DineMyWay (DMW).

6 hours ago, Pickels said:

I think there's only one Princess app for the Medallion.

The Web version is limited functionality - as I mentioned above.  It has a different look/feel.  It doesn't always perform tasks the same as the App.  For example, something might work smoothly on one platform, but not on the other.  Logging in might work fine with one and not the other.  It's a mystery, but we don't know the system architecture.