SHOWS ON ANTHEM OF THE SEAS

39 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Then Royal needs to work on it's communications.  They send me an email telling me it's time to plan my trip and show this as complimentary but there is no where at all to make a reservation.  If they can't be made until we board it would nice if they would communicate that!

Merion_Mom is 100% correct.   The shows are complimentary but you have to reserve your seat.   Can't do that in advance but very easy to do while on board using your cell phone and the Royal app or some ships you can do it on your EV in your stateroom. 

On 1/20/2023 at 8:43 PM, vadersprincess12 said:

mets123 ~ I am doubting because you and others said reservations were required and their email to me shows it's complimentary. I think it's smarter to believe Royal ~ why is that so hard to understand?  You needn't bother to respond.

You don't want to see Spectra's, right?  So why worry about it?  

The other two shows, The Gift and We Will Rock You, don't require reservations.  Just show up.

That has been the direct experience of us as well as other posters- it's not hard to understand (using your words).  And why Spectra's is the only show that is in your planner- even though you can't make reservations.

There is nothing you need to do.  Just accept that and move on.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:52 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

I'm going on Anthem for a second time.  The only show that's available to reserve before you board is "Spectra's Cabaret".  The others will have to be reserved once you board.

WWRY and The Gift did not require reservations on both December Anthem cruises I sailed on. Only Spectra's Cabaret required a reservation.

7 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Then Royal needs to work on it's communications.  They send me an email telling me it's time to plan my trip and show this as complimentary but there is no where at all to make a reservation.  If they can't be made until we board it would nice if they would communicate that!

The RCI app does have an entertainment section, and I figured that if I checked back in the weeks before my cruise date approached, I might find something that I could reserve prior to sailing.  Spectra showed up.  It’s complimentary ( which means free), but it required a reservation.  I explore the app pretty much every day for my Feb 4 2023 sailing just to see if anything else is new across all the sections. But that’s how I roll.  I like to know as much as possible in advance.  

teddie

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, michelle028 said:

Are there any comedy shows on the Anthem? and do you have to make reservations for them? Sailing in March. 

On my recent cruises, they had two comedians. One during the first half and another during the second half that did a regular show at 8pm and then another "adults only" show at 10:30pm. This was on an 11-day cruise however.

6 hours ago, toad455 said:

On my recent cruises, they had two comedians. One during the first half and another during the second half that did a regular show at 8pm and then another "adults only" show at 10:30pm. This was on an 11-day cruise however.

Thanks! Do these comedy shows need a reservation?

On 1/22/2023 at 1:30 AM, teddie said:

The RCI app does have an entertainment section, and I figured that if I checked back in the weeks before my cruise date approached, I might find something that I could reserve prior to sailing.  Spectra showed up.  It’s complimentary ( which means free), but it required a reservation.  I explore the app pretty much every day for my Feb 4 2023 sailing just to see if anything else is new across all the sections. But that’s how I roll.  I like to know as much as possible in advance.  

teddie

About how far in advance did this show up on the app for your sailing? We sail 3/12 and it doesn’t show yet on the app or if I log into the RCL website. And despite others saying they didn’t like Spectra, we do want to book it and see for ourselves

10 hours ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

About how far in advance did this show up on the app for your sailing? We sail 3/12 and it doesn’t show yet on the app or if I log into the RCL website. And despite others saying they didn’t like Spectra, we do want to book it and see for ourselves

Just checked back.  Our sail date is 2/4/2023 and it showed up on the app on 12/31/2022.

Teddie

29 minutes ago, michelle028 said:

Its showing on the APP for my sailing March 12 - I was able to book spectra

Thanks! As of this morning it is showing on the app for me too! Don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for 3/12 to arrive because even though winter hasn’t been too bad yet in Eastern PA, I’m still over it!😂

9 minutes ago, suometar said:

We will be on the Anthem 3/12 sailing. I see Spectra on the planner, but can somebody tell me what days and time the other shows are? I am trying to coordinate shows with dining times. Thanks! 

Hard to say- you actually need to know the pattern from the cruises prior to yours.  If the previous cruise had WWRY at the end, you will have it at the beginning.  Which would put "The Gift" at the end.  And vice-versa.  They do that to reduce the amount of packing up of the stage stuff.

Once you know that, though- there will be a matinee and evening show of both The Gift and WWRY on the sea days.

1 minute ago, alfaeric said:

Hard to say- you actually need to know the pattern from the cruises prior to yours.  If the previous cruise had WWRY at the end, you will have it at the beginning.  Which would put "The Gift" at the end.  And vice-versa.  They do that to reduce the amount of packing up of the stage stuff.

Once you know that, though- there will be a matinee and evening show of both The Gift and WWRY on the sea days.

Thanks! That's very helpful. Now my next question is: what the heck is "The Gift?"

2 hours ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

Thanks! As of this morning it is showing on the app for me too! Don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for 3/12 to arrive because even though winter hasn’t been too bad yet in Eastern PA, I’m still over it!😂

53 minutes ago, suometar said:

We will be on the Anthem 3/12 sailing. I see Spectra on the planner, but can somebody tell me what days and time the other shows are? I am trying to coordinate shows with dining times. Thanks! 

Both of you - get over to the roll call thread and post there 🙂  DW and I are also on the 3/12 sailing.   

42 minutes ago, suometar said:

Thanks! That's very helpful. Now my next question is: what the heck is "The Gift?"

the other production show the theater cast does.  🙂  (the theater cast and the 270 cast are completely different and separated, much like the ice show vs. the production cast)

As for what it's about- that's been debated a few times.  It's an original musical written for Anthem.  

2 hours ago, suometar said:

Go on the app, the days and times are now listed for Spectra but not the others

Edited by Weluv2cruise2gether