Food Republic: Is there a "fishy smell?"

Jetswdo

I asked this already regarding Ocean Blue----  I am fine with the Red Lobster, or any other steak restaurant that does serve fish.  But I can't handle a strong "fishy" smell in a restaurant.  Most people on this forum said that there was no noticeable fishy smell at Ocean Blue on the Bliss.   So I am looking forward to Ocean Blue.  Food Republic has a few items that look really good- my husband loves sushi- I saw for me a tempura item, chicken and a shish kabob looking steak thing--- If the restaurant isn't "fishy odored"  then I can eat there.   Thanks in advance for comments.  Anita

55 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

I asked this already regarding Ocean Blue----  I am fine with the Red Lobster, or any other steak restaurant that does serve fish.  But I can't handle a strong "fishy" smell in a restaurant.  Most people on this forum said that there was no noticeable fishy smell at Ocean Blue on the Bliss.   So I am looking forward to Ocean Blue.  Food Republic has a few items that look really good- my husband loves sushi- I saw for me a tempura item, chicken and a shish kabob looking steak thing--- If the restaurant isn't "fishy odored"  then I can eat there.   Thanks in advance for comments.  Anita

No

5 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

Is Food Republic complimentary?  I know we PAY for everything in cruise fare - ha - just was not sure if this was an add on specialty restaurant?  Thanks for any information!

It's not complimentary. It's a la carte, or you can use one specialty dining "credit" for 4 items.

There is also the factor that people who LIKE fish are not likely to be bothered by the smell of it or even notice it.  I am repelled by the smell and, therefore, can't eat in seafood restaurants or sometimes even sit downwind from someone eating it.  My husband likes seafood and does not ever notice the smell that bothers me so much.  (And, yes, even fresh fish smells bad to me.)  So I would think the opinions of those who like fish may be a bit "compromised".