Chef's Table Dress Code Query

Kellyansapansa

My husband and I are heading off on an 11 night PNG cruise on Coral Princess later this month, our first cruise since 2019. We are so excited, especially since this is the sixth cruise we have booked in the last three years, but the first one not to be cancelled!

We are planning to put our names down for the Chef's Table for the first time, and wondered if anyone could please confirm the dress code for this event?

We don't usually pack formal wear but will if it's required for this. 

Thank you. 😊

18 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

My husband and I are heading off on an 11 night PNG cruise on Coral Princess later this month, our first cruise since 2019. We are so excited, especially since this is the sixth cruise we have booked in the last three years, but the first one not to be cancelled!

We are planning to put our names down for the Chef's Table for the first time, and wondered if anyone could please confirm the dress code for this event?

We don't usually pack formal wear but will if it's required for this. 

Thank you. 😊

Business casual, no open toe shoes.

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Does not need to be "full formal" but you should dress as nicely as you can.  You may feel a bit "out of place" if you don't.  Everybody else is going to dress up a bit.  Not tuxes or gowns...but personally I wear a coat and tie.

Fantastic, thank you for the clarification. 😊

21 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Does not need to be "full formal" but you should dress as nicely as you can.  You may feel a bit "out of place" if you don't.  Everybody else is going to dress up a bit.  Not tuxes or gowns...but personally I wear a coat and tie.

The times I wore a jacket, I was the only one.

• Like 1

I'd say dress up a little.  Collared shirt, slacks, and dress shoes for men at a minimum.  I add a vest and tie.  For the ladies, nice dress or pant suit.  Stay clear of the jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes.  However, if you cruise carnival now, that would be acceptable, but princess is still a little more dressy.

1 hour ago, nini said:

Sadly, September 2022 on the Grand had no galley tour for our Chef's Table. We also did not get any Chef's coats.

I think that they only loan out the chef's coats for the galley tour and then take them back. 🙂

• Like 1

We just did Chefs Table tonight on Sky Princess.  
1) We did go into the galley for a quick tour.

2) We had to wear a mask 

3) 3 of the 6 women were wearing open toed shoes and no one said anything about it

4) All the courses were served in a private location in the middle of the Soliel dining room but it was far from quiet as it was surrounded by some decorative strings but you could hear everyone on the other side of the fake wall

5) I really wasn’t super impressed with the main course but most courses were pretty good

6) Service overall was phenomenal 

• Like 1