Concierge vs Aqua

Cdncruisecpl

Based on my (limited) reading of the difference, it seems to be mostly centered around the "healthy" vacation offered in AQ, it's a higher rate, but you get access to the Thermal Spa, Blu restaurant (which focuses on healthy food), Yoga Mats in the room, and the rooms tend to be closer to the Spa. 

On the other hand Concierge seems to be focused less on the healthy portions of the cruise, you won't get access to blu or the Spa, but you will still get access to better rooms, located most to the center of the ship, you get access to a concierge that will provide help with booking events and such, and you get all the room amenities.

Our last cruise we used the MoveUp option to get AQ for like $150/pp extra. But honestly didn't enjoy most of the focus points of that class, We had supper at Blu once but preferred the MDR, we went to the Thermal spa (Apex) for an hour, but never went back. So on the trip coming up in a few weeks, we went with Concierge, we got it for the same price as our normal veranda, and it a better locations so figured it was a win. We'll see if it's worth picking it every time. We won't go back to AQ unless we can get it for the same price. It wasn't worth the upcharge for us.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cwazycwuisecpl said:

What is the difference between Concierge and Aqua Class?  Is one considered higher than the other?  What is included in each?  Which is better?

Looking forward to your feedback. 

We've been in both-- Our thoughts, although everyone is different.

Concierge---- Not worth $0.02 extra 

Blu --- The difference in price from a Verandah to Blu is quite significant.

Perhaps try it IF they offer a reduced price.

Also, it depends on how much $$$ you want to spend, your dining/food preferences ( Aqua has a private dining room for their Guests ), whether you would use the Spa ( don't get " sucked in" to the Free 5 minute message they offer all over the ship--- it will cost you $347 by the time they let you out ), etc.

In our case , I said " No way I'm spending $$$ for Aqua Class "---- many times !!

"You Know Who" said --- only once---- " We're staying in Aqua Class " !!

That was an easy decision ( LOL ).

• Like 1

I prefer Aqua because of the dedicated restaurant Blu.  The free access to the Persian Garden is nice as well.  Aqua class rooms are limited to two persons, which generally means 2 adults, so the corridors are quiet.  

Rooms are basically the same between the two booking classes (Aqua and Concierge).  

With Concierge, I believe that those folks still have an embarkation lunch (which means that the main dining is serving a lunch just available to Concierge passengers).  They do have access to a Concierge to help with whatever - although this is usually a single individual at a desk, and they are not at the same availability level as the Retreat Host.  One Concierge perk that I have seen is the ship might open the helipad for viewing to Concierge passengers (or some other similar gathering).

9 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I prefer Aqua because of the dedicated restaurant Blu.  The free access to the Persian Garden is nice as well.  Aqua class rooms are limited to two persons, which generally means 2 adults, so the corridors are quiet.  

Rooms are basically the same between the two booking classes (Aqua and Concierge).  

With Concierge, I believe that those folks still have an embarkation lunch (which means that the main dining is serving a lunch just available to Concierge passengers).  They do have access to a Concierge to help with whatever - although this is usually a single individual at a desk, and they are not at the same availability level as the Retreat Host.  One Concierge perk that I have seen is the ship might open the helipad for viewing to Concierge passengers (or some other similar gathering).

You do AQ primarily for Blu, everything else is nice minor perk.  If you book a Spa treatment you get spa access and can even buy a pass if you book another room type

54 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

We've been in both-- Our thoughts, although everyone is different.

Concierge---- Not worth $0.02 extra 

Blu --- The difference in price from a Verandah to Blu is quite significant.

Perhaps try it IF they offer a reduced price.

Also, it depends on how much $$$ you want to spend, your dining/food preferences ( Aqua has a private dining room for their Guests ), whether you would use the Spa ( don't get " sucked in" to the Free 5 minute message they offer all over the ship--- it will cost you $347 by the time they let you out ), etc.

In our case , I said " No way I'm spending $$$ for Aqua Class "---- many times !!

"You Know Who" said --- only once---- " We're staying in Aqua Class " !!

That was an easy decision ( LOL ).

In our case, we went in just wanting a verandah.  Concierge and Aqua priced both out as cheaper than the standard verandah room.  Concierge was about $30/pp more than Aqua.  It was a no brainer to upgrade obviously, I just want to see if we picked the right class!

I just did a sample test to see what the various category prices were on a randomly picked 10-day Caribbean cruise starting Nov 20, 2023 on the Silhouette. Here's what I found:

Inside Cabin

- Cruise Only Fare (pp) = $884

- All Included Fare (pp) = $1759

- Cost for AI = $875 or $87.50 pp/day

Oceanview Cabin

- Cruise Only Fare (pp) = $1031

- All Included Fare (pp) = $1906

Veranda Cabin

- Cruise Only Fare (pp) = $1725

- All Included Fare (pp) = $2600

Concierge Cabin

- Cruise Only Fare (pp) = $1647

- All Included Fare (pp) = $2522

Aqua Cabin

- Cruise Only Fare (pp) = NA

- All Included Fare (pp) = $2375

Sky Suite Cabin

- Cruise Only Fare (pp) = NA

- All Included Fare (pp) = $4434

Just thought it was interesting to see that the cruise fare prices were cheaper for the Aqua cabin and the veranda cabin on this particular cruise.

Update: Here's the daily stateroom gratuity charge based on cabin category for reference

image.thumb.png.17022bcb4511aeefa4d550561561fa3a.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser

We've only had AQ once and wouldn't do it again.  Blu was OK but I found the seating uncomfortable because we were all crammed in the dining room.  I did like the fresh juice and snacks in the room in the afternoon.  My real complaint was that the rooms have always been right below the pool deck.  So in the middle of the night you'd hears the pool chairs being dragged around.  So I didn't get much sleep on that cruise.  So we won't do AQ again. 

3 hours ago, TeanneTX said:

We've only had AQ once and wouldn't do it again.  Blu was OK but I found the seating uncomfortable because we were all crammed in the dining room.  I did like the fresh juice and snacks in the room in the afternoon.  My real complaint was that the rooms have always been right below the pool deck.  So in the middle of the night you'd hears the pool chairs being dragged around.  So I didn't get much sleep on that cruise.  So we won't do AQ again. 

AQ cabins vary in location by class of ship.  Would never stay below the pool.  Lots of great locations