2016 - Vista FWD-S = Brown = Deck 1

2017 - Sunshine FWD-P = Brown = Deck 2

2019 - Sunrise FWD-P = Purple = Deck 2

2022 - Magic AFT-P and AFT-S = Purple = Deck 2

Sunshine yesterday, FWD-P is Purple = Deck 2

In a few months Paradise, deck M is Purple = Deck M

• Thanks 1

Adding this to the list, found one luggage tag from 2018 Ecstasy deck E 

Green from deck E / deck 7 Ecstasy which is the 4th passenger deck from the bottom = E Empress
On Ecstasy, the bottom passenger deck was deck 4, not deck 1.

Green - deck E - Ecstasy - FWD - Starboard - April 2018

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2023 at 9:04 AM, ShakyBeef said:

I dug up some of my old tags for you.  So, in addition to:

Deck 8, Starboard, AFT : Maroon (Dark Red) (Legend) 2023

I have:

Deck U, Port, FWD: Orange (Elation) 2020

Deck 8, Starboard, AFT : Maroon (Dark Red) (Pride) 2013

Deck 4, Starboard, AFT : Dark Blue (Pride) 2014

Deck 8, Starboard, AFT : Maroon (Dark Red) (Pride) 2016

Deck 8, Starboard, AFT : Maroon (Dark Red) (Pride) 2017

Deck 7, Starboard, FWD : Red (Bright Red) (Pride) 2012

Deck 6, Starboard, FWD : Deep Green (Pride) 2011

Going through my cruise supplies / luggage in preparation for my next cruise, I came across my most recent tags, from a January 2020 BTB on Elation, so I have added that one to my list in the quote box here.

When I printed my tags on Thursday for March 11th sailing on Spirit (Deck 8, Aft, Port) they were darker than maroon, almost brown.  On Friday I noticed that in my cruise manager it changed from PLATINUM to PRIORITY, so I reprinted the tags and boarding passes.  Now they are a lighter color, the same color as the PRIORITY color, where they were much darker than the PLATINUM color the day before.  This has nothing to do with the printer, as the PLATINUM and PRIORITY are exactly the same color on both sets of tags. 

8224.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

When I printed my tags on Thursday for March 11th sailing on Spirit (Deck 8, Aft, Port) they were darker than maroon, almost brown.  On Friday I noticed that in my cruise manager it changed from PLATINUM to PRIORITY, so I reprinted the tags and boarding passes.  Now they are a lighter color, the same color as the PRIORITY color, where they were much darker than the PLATINUM color the day before.  This has nothing to do with the printer, as the PLATINUM and PRIORITY are exactly the same color on both sets of tags. 

8224.jpg

That is weird.

On 1/16/2023 at 11:37 PM, angela12345 said:

note: its totally ok to print tags in B&W !!

While it is "okay" to print tags in B&W or grayscale, printing them in color helps the luggage porters sort them by deck...because YES, as you and others have surmised, the luggage tags ARE color-coded by deck, and not by area of the ship.  

Case in point:  on one cruise we found an extra "bonus" item of luggage outside our cabin door on the first day.  Sure enough, it was for the same room as ours...but on a different deck, and those folks had printed their tags in B&W.   😮  

We just brought it upstairs and left it for them outside the correct stateroom. 🙂  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 8:32 PM, snowy owl said:

All I have on my tags is bright red priority -S anybody got any ideas what that means?

I believe the -S means your stateroom is on the Starboard side of the ship.

• 7 months later...

I printed my luggage tags almost a year ago for Magic- right when I got my cabin confirmation.  They were red (deck 8 aft)  Just went to print 2 more, and they are olive green-ish.   It isn't my printer - put in a new cartridge - lol!  Any guesses which I should use?  Both have Diamond printed on bottom in red. New ones have slightly smaller print than older ones.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pe4all said:

I printed my luggage tags almost a year ago for Magic- right when I got my cabin confirmation.  They were red (deck 8 aft)  Just went to print 2 more, and they are olive green-ish.   It isn't my printer - put in a new cartridge - lol!  Any guesses which I should use?  Both have Diamond printed on bottom in red. New ones have slightly smaller print than older ones.

Obviously use both of them.   That's the reason they put two handles on luggage 😁.  What could go wrong? 

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Obviously use both of them.   That's the reason they put two handles on luggage 😁.  What could go wrong? 

I always put 2 luggage tags on my luggage because I am fearful of 1 being torn off after I hand my luggage to porter at embarkation.   I think I will mix and match, as you said- great idea - thank you!

4 hours ago, pe4all said:

I always put 2 luggage tags on my luggage because I am fearful of 1 being torn off after I hand my luggage to porter at embarkation. 

I always do the same, AND I also put one unfolded inside the suitcases, right on top of everything so it's visible as soon as the the case is opened.  I also include additional contact information on that sheet.  

• Like 2