can a TA modify the PLUS perk?

luckyinpa

i asked for pricing for a balcony and he gave me pricing with the plus perk along with 250 OBC.  then i noticed the text below didnt indicate the 100 OBC that princess gives you in the plus perk. i asked him if the 250 figure he gave me included the 100 plus perk and he said all the OBC is princess, none is his. he did discount the cruise price but i find it a bit strange that the 100 obc in the plus package isnt mentioned here. i wrote back and asked him if the OBC can be used before boarding and if it's refundable so waiting for those answers. i know theres a 100 obc thing going on now but that still leaves 50 obc that i cannot figure out what its for. and i also still want to believe that 100 obc comes in that perk

Guests who book this promotion receive the following:

*PLUS BEVERAGE PACKAGE with SERVICE CHARGE included for guests 1&2 who are
21 yrs old or older. Those under 21 will receive the Plus Coffee & Soda Package
*WI-FI is unlimited, one device per person (Gsts 1&2 only)
*CREW APPRECIATION is pre-paid by Princess Cruises for guests 1&2.
*PREMIUM DESSERTS (2 per day) *FITNESS CLASSES (2 classes) *JUICE BAR
*FREE MEDALLION SHIPPING prior to sailing

The Plus package does not include $100 OBC. The Plus package is gratuities, WIFI , premium desserts and beverages ( as described in the language you posted).

The Best Sale ever promotion is what gives you the $100 OBC. - this is separate from the Plus fare itself. 

• Like 2

geez how its posted makes it seem so but i never looked at the standard price

that being said, wheres the extra 50 coming from since he says no OBC is his and can i use it PRE cruise to buy wifi? (i assume cheaper than on board)

plus.PNG

Edited by luckyinpa

22 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

geez how its posted makes it seem so but i never looked at the standard price

that being said, wheres the extra 50 coming from since he says no OBC is his

Are you a stockholder or did you book using a FCD (Future Cruise Deposit)?

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

The Plus package does not include $100 OBC. The Plus package is gratuities, WIFI , premium desserts and beverages ( as described in the language you posted).

The Best Sale ever promotion is what gives you the $100 OBC. - this is separate from the Plus fare itself. 

You are correct that 'Plus' does not include OBC, however, I did see a fare where Plus included $100 OBC but Std had no OBC.

It's an add on, but commonly bundled with a sale.  For instance, "Best Sale Ever' comes with 3 "flavors", standard, plus, or premiere.  However, its simple to add after the fact (and obviously encouraged by PCL).  So even if you book the best sale ever - standard fare, your TA can add the promo code to add Princess plus - the last time i checked the code for a TA to add it was "PLUS2" - that could have changed.  Best to have your TA call princess.

Edited by cruisingrob21

Your TA can tell you where the OBC is coming from- your booking will have a list they can access.  Did you use a Future Cruse Deposit? That could account for the $50.  The other very likely source is if the agent booked you under group space they have held.

At any given time there are various promotions being offered, including some that are unique to residents of an area. A good TA will compare the various promotions to see which one offers you the most benefit.  

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

I have a large fcc he's unaware of yet.  maybe it's because im returning customer? 

If you have a Future Cruise Credit ( FCC)  the Princess booking system will automatically apply  this to your booking  and reduce the total you owe for your cruise. Your TA is able see any FCC amount associated with your booking. 

I purchase the Plus Package and never did received my $100 OBC as advertised. After numerous e-mails Princess did call me back and said I wasn’t entitled to it no matter what the Plus Package saids.  

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I do know that some of the promotions that include Princess Plus do not include the onboard credit.  I think I was told the drop and go promotion did not include the onboard credit and only included Gratuities, Wi-Fi, and beverage package.

Then why is it advertised in the Plus Package?

6 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I have no idea so you’ll need to contact Princess about that.

I did and they played stupid. They say I wasn’t entitled to it however, “by the goodness of there heart” (exact words she used) I got it. 

29 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Then why is it advertised in the Plus Package?

The “Best Sale Ever” promotion advertises it with the Plus package because that’s part of that promotion.

Princess website details what Plus includes when not part of the promotion ( no OBC is included in Plus unless that is specified as part of a promotion). Here is the link https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/hk-sg/terms-and-conditions/

All that said, it looks like the Op got the OBC. If it’s included as part of a  promotion it won’t be listed in the booking portion that describes what’s included with Plus. It will show up under OBC. All OBC is combined into a total. Your TA or Princess can provide the details of the sources of the total OBC. 

Edited by Shelly97060