P&O itineries

Yorkypete

Can anyone, especially Molecrochip tell me about P&O itineries.Cruises to the Baltic are being advertised as overnight in St Petersburg and yet P&O know they cannot go there. Why are they still advertising it? Also Iona is shown as visiting the port of Gerainger when it cannot get there and just does a sail past nearby. Why are no true itineries being shown?

37 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Can anyone, especially Molecrochip tell me about P&O itineries.Cruises to the Baltic are being advertised as overnight in St Petersburg and yet P&O know they cannot go there. Why are they still advertising it? Also Iona is shown as visiting the port of Gerainger when it cannot get there and just does a sail past nearby. Why are no true itineries being shown?

St Petersburg has long since been removed from itineraries and none left on the P-O website at all.

You may have seen something which an agent had put on their website and had not taken it down, I have known that happen, (from one agent in particular who has a bad reputation), but not up to P&O what other companies do.

Edited by tring

Just looked at said cruise and the image is there on the main page. However if you browse the itinerary St Petersburg is not there although it still shows as a destination on the itinerary map.

Typical P&O IT sloppiness.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just looked at said cruise on website no mention of St Petersburg

I don't know what you are reading but look at the wording below the picture between 'quaint old town' and 'there's much to see'.

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just looked at said cruise on website no mention of St Petersburg

https://www.pocruises.com/find-a-cruise/B312/B312

I think we all know that this sort of thing is entirely due to sloppy management, mainly of the IT dept, but possibly due also to them not being advised to amend all the itinerary data when changes are made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Just looked at said cruise and the image is there on the main page. However if you browse the itinerary St Petersburg is not there although it still shows as a destination on the itinerary map.

Typical P&O IT sloppiness.

St Perersberg is still in the Brochure.  At least it is in the one in my bedroom.

54 minutes ago, zap99 said:

St Perersberg is still in the Brochure.  At least it is in the one in my bedroom.

Not surprising since brochures are normally printed several months in advance and, as they last generally for 12 months, they continue to be available up to two years after printing.

• Like 1