Viking Ocean bar menus

phil1107

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Prices (SSP and menu) increased on Jan 1 so it really depends when the photo was taken.

We were aboard the Sky in January and the price was $9.50.

I took the picture and was on the Jupiter end of January, beginning of February. I asked several bar staff if this was the current menu and they all said yes. 

Maybe they didn’t know a new one was coming, but we never saw it. 

• 2 weeks later...

the wines on the ships change.  In my experience the expensive wines will be by the bottle and your SSP will give a discount on bottle price but will not open a bottle for you and serve a glass as part of the SSP.  I have never seen and $18 glass of wine.  Scotch yes!

6 hours ago, deec said:

the wines on the ships change.  In my experience the expensive wines will be by the bottle and your SSP will give a discount on bottle price but will not open a bottle for you and serve a glass as part of the SSP.  I have never seen and $18 glass of wine.  Scotch yes!

I chatted with viking last week on this subject and got two answers: Yes, they'll open a "premium" bottle to serve a glass and No, they won't. From experience I know that before Covid they did, but after Covid they didn't. On my next cruise I don't plan to buy the SSBP until I get on board and get a rationalization for them promoting "Premium wine by the glass". Make them squirm a little while claiming that a $6 glass can contain "Premium" wine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, austinetc said:

I chatted with viking last week on this subject and got two answers: Yes, they'll open a "premium" bottle to serve a glass and No, they won't. From experience I know that before Covid they did, but after Covid they didn't. On my next cruise I don't plan to buy the SSBP until I get on board and get a rationalization for them promoting "Premium wine by the glass". Make them squirm a little while claiming that a $6 glass can contain "Premium" wine.

So I have heard that you can buy the SSBP onboard. And on our last river cruise a couple we knew get it on Day 2. 
Do you know if there is any time limit? Could you buy it on the last day after calculating that it would save money?

26 minutes ago, phil1107 said:

So I have heard that you can buy the SSBP onboard. And on our last river cruise a couple we knew get it on Day 2. 
Do you know if there is any time limit? Could you buy it on the last day after calculating that it would save money?

That would only work if you are planning to do non-stop drinking on the last day. The plan is not pro-rated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phil1107 said:

You can definitely buy it at onboard at any bar.  You can I believe buy it any day of the cruise but unless I’m mistaken you will be charged as if you bought it in day 1.  

• Like 1

Hi,

Below is what My Viking Journey states about the SSBP.

Upgrade and enjoy unlimited beverages in all dining venues and bars throughout the duration of your cruise. Our newly enhanced Silver Spirits Beverage program is now $25 USD per night. The package includes:

• Any drinks up to $18.00 USD including premium wines by the glass, cocktails & aperitifs
  • Now includes house champagne by the glass
  • Premium wines by the glass, cocktails and aperitifs
  • Selection of applicable wines change twice per cruise
  • 30% discount on premium beverages above $50.00 USD
  • 50% discount for premium tasting events
  • The Chefs Table premium wine pairing
  • Wide range of upgraded selection of whiskeys & whisky’s
  • Wide range of upgraded wines and spirits
  • Soft drinks & juices

Onboard Beverages
Your onboard lunches and dinners are always accompanied by complimentary hot or iced tea, coffee, house wines, beers and soft drinks. Our bartenders and waitstaff are always available to recommend:

• Cocktails
  • Aperitifs
  • Specialty coffees & teas
  • Champagnes & sparkling wines
  • Beers
  • Juices

42 minutes ago, deec said:

what is the difference ?  " Wide range of upgraded selection of whiskeys & whisky’s " 

Click here for an explanation of the two spellings.  

Also, can't let an opportunity to misuse an apostrophe pass on CC.  I'm aware it was copied and pasted and not to be attributed to @Davidjm2389.

25 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Also, can't let an opportunity to misuse an apostrophe pass on CC.  I'm aware it was copied and pasted and not to be attributed to @Davidjm2389.

Oh yeah I forgot, this same discussion has already taken place elsewhere on CC.  My bad. 

On 4/11/2023 at 9:41 AM, -Lew- said:

thank you but I probably won't remember which to use when I order my SCOTCH!

• Haha 2

• 10 months later...
On 1/21/2023 at 10:57 AM, duquephart said:

Doesn't make sense to me given my view that Europeans in general are fond of bourbon. It's easier to find Blanton's in Budapest than Frankfort.

Actually, generally, Europeans and Nordics are not fond of bourbons..

too sweet.

On 4/11/2023 at 5:16 AM, Davidjm2389 said:

Now includes house champagne by the glass

Anyone onboard now or recently know if the above is still the case, if you have the SSBP and if so what brand is the house champagne?

Many thanks

On 2/14/2024 at 1:21 AM, gymfreak said:

Anyone onboard now or recently know if the above is still the case, if you have the SSBP and if so what brand is the house champagne?

Many thanks

Correct, but I prefer the Prosecco to Jaccquard, the house champagne.

IMG_1540.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow drinkers!
Does anyone have input on the price of "non-alcoholic" beverages that so I can include that in determining if I would like to buy the SSBP? 
Specifically, what is the going cost for a cappuccino or latte? 
And is anything other than coffee/tea offered with breakfast? For example, if I wanted a glass of orange juice, is that extra? 

thanks much - I tried searching and failed! 

16 minutes ago, Missmelisk said:

Hello fellow drinkers!
Does anyone have input on the price of "non-alcoholic" beverages that so I can include that in determining if I would like to buy the SSBP? 
Specifically, what is the going cost for a cappuccino or latte? 
And is anything other than coffee/tea offered with breakfast? For example, if I wanted a glass of orange juice, is that extra? 

thanks much - I tried searching and failed! 

Coffee, juices, lattes, etc. are all included.

Coffee drinks in the world cafe are from a machine that is not bad, but free.  If you want espresso type coffees, there is a coffee bar on the second deck that makes it from grounds.  It costs $2 to $5, depending on what you get.  Free with drink package.  So it depends on how refined your coffee taste is.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, bunniebird said:

Coffee drinks in the world cafe are from a machine that is not bad, but free.  If you want espresso type coffees, there is a coffee bar on the second deck that makes it from grounds.  It costs $2 to $5, depending on what you get.  Free with drink package.  So it depends on how refined your coffee taste is.

Wrong information. The Living Room baristas (deck one) make coffees using an espresso machine.  They are complimentary to all as long as they are alcohol free. There are also lots of tasty tidbits in the display case-all gratis (or as I prefer-prepaid!😂)

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 4

You are absolutely correct, my bad.  Mixed up another cruise line.  I found that only the Living room baristas actually made the coffee vs self serve machines, but you are making me question that.

• Like 1