What would you choose: Light or Location?

tonit964

I'm trying to choose between a 1A with two portholes, cabin 1202 at the very front of the ship or an Interior, deck 8 on the Panorama. I would like the natural light and the sofa in the 1A but it's kinda far from everything. The difference in cost is not an issue. Wish I cold do a balcony but it's not possible this time.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

TIA!

6 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

Personally I would have to have the light! No interiors without window!

Pretty much what I was going to say.  I'll never cruise in an Interior without windows.  Ever.  Even for free.  Also, I prefer to be all the way forward or all the way aft, so that would not be a deterrent for booking that particular Porthole cabin for me.  So, I guess my opinion on this isn't helpful, since it's absolutely no contest for me.🤭  OP, have fun choosing and have a great cruise in whichever cabin you choose!🙂

Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1000% I would go for the natural light option. At the end of the day unless you have some mobility issues a ship isn't miles long or high. A quick elevator ride or a 30 second walk to the back of the ship is no big deal without that wonderful light. Helps with your body clock also. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would go with deck 8.  That would be too close to the hull, etc. for my taste. 

Although, if it is a bigger room, that might change my mind.

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ask questions about the location of the ship's anchor's location on that specific ship. 

If it is near the anchor, it can be very noisy, early in the morning, my daughters observed on Carnival Glory.  However, they really liked the room's set-up and the windows.  They would choose that cabin again.

Edited by Out of Iowa
grammar
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Out of Iowa said:

Ask questions about the location of the ship's anchor's location on that specific ship. 

If it is near the anchor, it can be very noisy, early in the morning, my daughters observed on Carnival Glory.  However, they really liked the room's set-up and the windows.  They would choose that cabin again.

That’s funny you say that because on my very first cruise, it was the Elation and we had a port hole cabin at the very front of the ship, the morning in Cabo when they dropped the anchor, scared me to death. Had no clue what was happening. 

This cabin I’m thinking of booking is port side but I should find out which side the anchor is on. Thank you.

• Haha 1

The only time I have ever stayed in an interior room, I hated it.  I didn't like not having a view of outside.  Plus, while I know I can look at a clock to see the time, but while on vacation, when I wake up I much prefer to be able to tell if it's morning by the daylight and sunrise out the window.  I may have been ruined by having a balcony on my very first cruise, but in the end, I found the interior was not really worth the savings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Panorama actually has a few inside cabins on deck 8 that have a sofa in them. Stayed in one and really liked it, for the sofa and that it's down it's own small hallway. If you look on the deck plan they are that middle short extra row of cabins aft.

Thank you for that suggestion, unfortunately, those are all booked. When you know, you know I guess. 🤣

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

Thank you for that suggestion, unfortunately, those are all booked. When you know, you know I guess. 🤣

Keep an eye open if you want one because I noticed as we got closer to sailing people started taking upgrades and I saw some of those cabins open up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, asalligo said:

I would not book another interior, just not for me. Feels like I am not on a cruise at all. 

I normally book balconies because I spend so much time on them but I’m sailing solo and wanting to go more than once a year so, it’s cost prohibitive for me.

I would rather cruise more in insides than less in balconies. 
I did do a 15 day Hawaii cruise in an inside a few years ago and because of the cabin location, it wasn’t bad. I just won’t be spending much time in the cabin. 
I really want to sail on the Panorama and Carnival in general, I miss it.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

I have heard many complaints about the noise at the front of the ship. I usually book an inside aft on deck 7 or 8. One or 2 quick decks to all the light you could want. And the buffet

Wave noise doesn’t bother me but other noises might. I can always upgrade cabins if available after I book. I’m kind of surprised at how full this sailing is considering it’s 10 months away. 
Thanks for your input. 😊

I would have to do the light with the couch.  Seems like such a small thing, but that couch makes all the difference in the comfort of the room to me. Walking an extra 50 feet, not so much.  AND you are close to the elevators, the nonbusy elevators.  That's a HUGE factor. 

And the truth is, ships really are small, you can get from one end to another in 4 minutes and that's if the elevators are running slow.  

• Thanks 1

LIGHT.  But that's me.  Been very spoiled cruising in balconies and a few aft wraps.  One cruise we were comped an inside-believe it was on Liberty and we did a B2B.  2nd cruise was in a balcony.  Could not WAIT to get out of that inside cabin!  I always thought it would be cool if you could have a tour of the various cabins so that if you ever book another cruise you'd have a general idea of what you're booking.  Have never been in a port hole cabin so not sure how much difference it would make. (anyone have pictures???) 

• Thanks 1