Carnival Corporation Stock

doleary1170

1 hour ago, Mingus said:

A big reason might be their net debt of $30.5B, as of Nov 2022.

Not a good reason as it is a marketing tool with almost no cost to them. Note they did renew it again, so their Board of Directors sees it the same way I do.

6 hours ago, ED49404 said:

I had no problem getting our shareholders benefit for our cruise in Feb 2024.  I also get the military benefit and our investment account is in both our names, I requested that the shareholder benefit be put in DW names.  We use these benefits for excursions.  We got the benefit, but it's not in DW name, we tried several times via emails, but to no avail.  We had no problem in the past.  

That shouldn't be a problem, if both of your onboard accounts are on the same credit card.  They just add everything up, and subtract everything and charge the final total.  They subtract against non-refundable first, then refundable.  If you have refund due, a check will be mailed to the credit card holder.  It takes about six weeks and comes in a non-descript envelope.  Don't throw anything away without checking for your refund check.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Not a good reason as it is a marketing tool with almost no cost to them. Note they did renew it again, so their Board of Directors sees it the same way I do.

Exactly. 

The impact of shareholder obc is infinitessimal in the scale of the overall debt.

17 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

That shouldn't be a problem, if both of your onboard accounts are on the same credit card.  They just add everything up, and subtract everything and charge the final total.  They subtract against non-refundable first, then refundable.  If you have refund due, a check will be mailed to the credit card holder.  It takes about six weeks and comes in a non-descript envelope.  Don't throw anything away without checking for your refund check.

If Princess would just transfer the stockholder benefit into to DW account, I would not have to go through all that.  Princess did it on our last cruise and it worked Great.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:39 AM, ED49404 said:

I had no problem getting our shareholders benefit for our cruise in Feb 2024.  I also get the military benefit and our investment account is in both our names, I requested that the shareholder benefit be put in DW names.  We use these benefits for excursions.  We got the benefit, but it's not in DW name, we tried several times via emails, but to no avail.  We had no problem in the past.  

Not to sound rude but does it really matter if the benefit is in your name or hers.  You both can use it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, damiross said:

Not to sound rude but does it really matter if the benefit is in your name or hers.  You both can use it.

The last Princess cruise that we booked ended up cancelled during the Covid shutdown. I prebooked transfers back to Heathrow that included a stop in Stonehenge (which made it listed as an excursion). The customer service representative would not let me use what was left over from my shareholder OBC for DW's trip back. I realize I could have called back and quite possibly another customer service representative would have, but I just figured we'd use the few dollars left in OBC on the cruise anyhow.

2 hours ago, damiross said:

We are just  off the Royal.  We

have also applied  the credit  to 2 future cruises. My experience is  the credit is in one name  and only  that person can use  

Also went  to book an excursion for a July crusie. Even though i have credit left, my better half needed to pay.  

This is  good to know as when i move to apply a GC(s) to OBC  may need to split that up.