Stroller Wagon suggestions for Wonder

mirage2u

I'm thinking about getting a wagon stroller for my son for our June cruise. He'll be 22 months. I am concerned about him being able to nap while we are in port. Another things is it needs work somewhat ok in the sand. We live in Florida so it will be used for the beaches here as well. I don't want it to be obnoxiously big, especiallyon the cruise ship. I'm not adding any more kids either.

3 minutes ago, mirage2u said:

I'm thinking about getting a wagon stroller for my son for our June cruise. He'll be 22 months. I am concerned about him being able to nap while we are in port. Another things is it needs work somewhat ok in the sand. We live in Florida so it will be used for the beaches here as well. I don't want it to be obnoxiously big, especiallyon the cruise ship. I'm not adding any more kids either.

From looking at images on Google all the wheels look to be narrow.  To me I’d think they would sink in the sand and would be a hard pull. You might need to carry it across the sand. 

39 minutes ago, mirage2u said:

'm thinking about getting a wagon stroller for my son for our June cruise. He'll be 22 months. I am concerned about him being able to nap while we are in port. Another things is it needs work somewhat ok in the sand. We live in Florida so it will be used for the beaches here as well. I don't want it to be obnoxiously big, especially on the cruise ship. I'm not adding any more kids either.

Way too big for use on a cruise ship

I would get a good quality reclining umbrella stroller for on the ship and then 'wear' him on the beach. Sand will destroy the wheels of anything other than a heavy duty beach wagon. Wheel him as far as you can on sidewalks then fold up the stroller and then pop him in the carrier or hold him in your arms for the short walk through the sand to the water. 

• Like 1

Our wagon has wide wheels and it worked well on the sands in Florida.  Also when we go camping.  The price was a little more.   I can't comment on how well it work on a cruise ship.     

We do plan on bringing it, but won't be using it much.   We'll use it during boarding and deboarding, and won't be moving around much with it even then.  

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2023 at 10:00 AM, HappyTexan44 said:

Our wagon has wide wheels and it worked well on the sands in Florida.  Also when we go camping.  The price was a little more.   I can't comment on how well it work on a cruise ship.     

We do plan on bringing it, but won't be using it much.   We'll use it during boarding and deboarding, and won't be moving around much with it even then.  

How was it with the stroller wagon?