Princess laundry Service

blackfly

We will be on the Regal Princess this July for a 12 day British Isle Cruise.  Pre cruise we will be in Dublin and London for 8 days.  How soon after boarding the ship can you send out laundry.  Can you use OBC to pay for laundry service.

You should be able to give it directly to your cabin steward after boarding or during your initial intro meeting with them. 
The laundry charges are added to your cabin account and any OBC held in your account can be used to pay for the service with the possible exception of the excursion credit some are receiving. 

22 minutes ago, blackfly said:

We will be on the Regal Princess this July for a 12 day British Isle Cruise.  Pre cruise we will be in Dublin and London for 8 days.  How soon after boarding the ship can you send out laundry.  Can you use OBC to pay for laundry service.

Or, if you need clean clothes right away, the launderettes are usually open too.

If you need to do a quick load. Takes tokens, which you can get in the laundry room, by scanning your medallion. Also, goes on your folio.

44 minutes ago, blackfly said:

Yes. No problem at all. When you get charged on your bill they just automatically at the end of the cruise deduct the onboard credit off from the bill

As an Elite Level cruiser, I dont worry about the cost, but on our last cruise, My Bride didnt sign my name (Or have me sign the form as Id asked) and I had to get it backed off, but a not big bag was billed at over$25!.  So the first day may be a good time to get laundry done in the washing machines on board.  There have been discussions and recommendations to use Tide Pods brought from home. 

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you are not elite (free), use the laundry room.  I know, not the funnest thing to do on embarkation day.

Or, just budget to have the laundry sent out, just like budgeting for the cruise, the excursions, specialty dining, souvenirs and gifts, etc. When I am on vacation, I will NOT being doing chores that I do at home. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Please pass on giving your laundry to your RS on embarkation/turnaround day. 
S/he is hammered with priority tasks that must be completed in a timely manner. 

I think this "problem" could be addressed with a nice up-front cash tip...

3 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

I have had laundry that needed to be cleaned after a couple of days touring in the embarkation port prior to the cruise.  I found the laundry bag in the closet, filled out the form, and left the bag on the bed.  the cabin steward picked up the bag when he visited the room for turn down and the laundry was back the next afternoon.  I didn't expect or need express service, just needed the dirty laundry out of our luggage and I didn't want to have to store it in the closet, or in a pile on the floor.  Nothing worse than having a clean and organized cabin on embarkation day and a pile of dirty clothes in a pile in a corner.

I let the cabin steward take the laundry on their own schedule and all was well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

I once sent out laundry on the night before in-transit day (b2b) and wondered why I did not get it back in a timely manner.  My room steward apologized and said that passenger laundry is not done on turn around days.   Made a lot of sense to me. 

• Like 1