Jade/ Spirit/ Sun .... will we like the Epic ?

room with a view

You will find their washroom and sink in the cabin an interesting layout but that shouldn't damper your mood.  

Bigger ship -- more to do -- it was my first NCL ship and I enjoyed the waterslides and shows.  But to be honest, haven't been back on and DW won't step foot on it again but the room layout bothered her that much.  

We were on the Epic a # of years ago.

With the right itinerary - we would sail again - the bathroom set-up would not deter us in any way.
The one thing we noticed on the ship was we spent more time indoors than we normally do...

7 hours ago, Von & John said:

We were on the Epic a # of years ago.

With the right itinerary - we would sail again - the bathroom set-up would not deter us in any way.
The one thing we noticed on the ship was we spent more time indoors than we normally do...

Thanks, I'm OK  with the bathroom setup . How did you find .....booking for shows and extended lines at restaurants ? It's a much bigger ship than the Spirit and Jade.

• Like 1

We have been on The Epic twice now, once Europe and once The Caribbean.

For Europe we were by ourselves and had no problems with reservations for shows or dinner

For The Caribbean we were with another couple and again no problems with reservations for shows or dinner.

I enjoyed the included adults only H2O pool area as the main pool was crowded on both cruises!

25 minutes ago, mcmomny said:

We have been on The Epic twice now, once Europe and once The Caribbean.

For Europe we were by ourselves and had no problems with reservations for shows or dinner

For The Caribbean we were with another couple and again no problems with reservations for shows or dinner.

I enjoyed the included adults only H2O pool area as the main pool was crowded on both cruises!

Thanks, we are considering an European Christmas/ New Year cruise and the only ship NCL are offering is the Epic.

Your welcome!

The Epic was our first Big ship and we really enjoyed her, yes more people and maybe crowded at times but we also found nice small bars to have a before dinner drink and relax after the very busy eventful days in port in Europe!

Our first time we booked a Club Balcony by mistake and our second time a regular balcony and I really don't know what the difference was other than we got extra latitude's points!

We like to be forward close to the elevators, typically deck 11 or 12 which have cabins above and below you so less noise.

11 hours ago, room with a view said:

Thanks, I'm OK  with the bathroom setup . How did you find .....booking for shows and extended lines at restaurants ? It's a much bigger ship than the Spirit and Jade.

Our Epic cruise was NOV 2014 - just a year or 2 ago...
We did not know we had to book shows / entertainment when we first embarked on the Epic...
Some of the shows we were able to make reservations & others we were in the wait & see line 🙂 
It worked out for us...

The restaurants we had what they called at that time the Unlimited Dining Package & had pre-reserved all dinners.

On a side note - we Love the Spirit & the Jade...

• Haha 1

Just got off the epic - it was a our first time on a larger ship and we did find it very busy in buffet and getting drinks at the pool bar etc - we were a little disappointed in the lack of entertainment in the main theatre - we saw the Beatles in there one night / Burn the ground ( which we reserved when we boarded ) and a female singer.

We preferred ships that had a different show every night in the main theatre but maybe that’s a thing of the past with cut backs etc !

we booked an inside cabin for our first time since there was a large group of us and we always gathered elsewhere so didn’t spend much time in the cabin - we were pleasantly surprised with the inside cabin and the bathroom configuration was no problem at all - not sure what the big deal is for people that mention this ??

the itinerary definitely was the main attraction for the epic but I would recommend her if the itinerary is perfect for you !!