LIVE - To Vero Beach and (then the) BEYOND -- January 29, 2023

mac_tlc

40 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

Enjoying sailing along with you with your informative review! Have you been able to verify that Luminae still offers the petite filet on the children’s menu? Thanks! 

I am going to ask our waiter tonight.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

It appears not. Here is the lunch menu:

2F4D156B-98B6-47E7-A801-915762A3D46C.jpeg

I must have been remembering the Luminae burger. Thanks very much! Enjoying your reports and photos!

Edited by asnaleah
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Enjoying sailing along with you with your informative review! Have you been able to verify that Luminae still offers the petite filet on the children’s menu? Thanks! 

Yes it is ! 

2DCEEB5B-33C0-4DBF-9CD5-F58996384A50.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks like an early morning medical issue on Carnival Breeze or Vista: 

14244938-CA87-4B37-B1B9-9725732FC62A.jpeg

We are alongside in Cozumel at sunrise. Busy busy day today with 7 ships in port. 3 Carnival ( Breeze, Vista, Horizon), 2 Disney (Magic, Dream) , Brilliance of the Seas and Celebrity Beyond. 

These are the days I am glad we are going to Nachi Cocum where they limit attendance. Only issue will be the traffic coming back to ship. We plan to get off around 8:15 or so, all aboard is 3:30. Here’s hoping that the pool water isn’t too cold.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

Luminae Day 4 , then and now:

NOW:

CE247DEC-6061-4184-A537-AED931DDA5CC.jpeg

THEN:

C3791FFB-3B64-4458-A373-71599156B44E.jpeg

A pattern is developing, a couple minor changes but same number of offerings. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

36 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

How far in advance do you make the reservations? I noticed the reservation is non refundable unless your ship doesn't dock.

We did these reservations 6 months ahead. There is a 20% deposit, the rest is paid when you get here. Cash, Master Card, Visa. 

Maybe this will influence your decision. From two minutes ago😜😜.

052877F6-F586-4CC9-91CD-6F3099EAEF0E.jpeg

• Like 2

Time for lunch :

216D54CB-E662-4EF4-BECA-FBCFE52552E1.jpeg

5FD3B42C-00CA-489E-A868-A365B78BABFA.jpeg

Don’t be too alarmed, prices are in Peso’s, with todays exchange rate about 18.6 pesos = 1 USD. 

Second reason to not be alarmed is it’s all included!! 

For $59, we think it’s a great bargain. Food, drinks, pool, hot tub, beach, limited attendance. It’s all good !!!!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

image.png.c7e75f55fac0241e74a2102696024311.png

When we were on the beyond a few weeks ago, my DH was so disappointed in the NY Strip Steak our first night in Luminae.  He said it was more like a roast.  I think I've seen that reported before but had forgotten. Curious if any in your party had this entree?  Or heard comments about it during your cruise.    

28 minutes ago, NBliving said:

When we were on the beyond a few weeks ago, my DH was so disappointed in the NY Strip Steak our first night in Luminae.  He said it was more like a roast.  I think I've seen that reported before but had forgotten. Curious if any in your party had this entree?  Or heard comments about it during your cruise.    

My husband had it the first night and said it was delicious.

25 minutes ago, NBliving said:

I had that issue when I was on the Apex. They did it with two different cuts of meat, the second time I REFUSED the entrée and requested something else.  While the cut of beef may be accurate in description the preparation IS NOT. A Steak and a roast is made and tastes totally different and I really wish they would amend the menu description. 

There's a somewhat similar menu disconnect in Blu where an entree is listed as Steak salad. What is presented is NOT a salad with sliced steak pieces but a whole piece of grilled steak PLUS a salad.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

There's a somewhat similar menu disconnect in Blu where an entree is listed as Steak salad. What is presented is NOT a salad with sliced steak pieces but a whole piece of grilled steak PLUS a salad.  

Yes! That is what I experienced in Blu also.  I just wanted a salad with slices of steak ON IT.  The steak was prepared very well.  Just not what I thought I was ordering...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBliving said:

We did not have it but good to hear that others have and were  happy with it.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

8 minutes ago, NBliving said:

Interesting, could just be difference in tastes or expectations or your husbands was different.  

It's not that it doesn't taste good as prepared, but it's NOT what's listed in the menu. Prime Rib and a flamed grilled ribeye steak is the same cut of beef, but if you ordered a prime rib for dinner and they came out with a grilled ribeye steak wouldn't that surprise you? 

• Like 1

A few more Nachi pix as we begin to pack up to head back. We really  like it here. We keep talking of trying other places, and we did El Cozomelino once, but can’t come up with a compelling reason too.

ECE73B7A-9B67-4045-9F35-1EAAFDD67855.jpeg

DDD444B5-700A-4FD0-9B33-A815F19B3838.jpeg

3F0F0215-035A-4ED5-BC8F-3462B5638E9D.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes! That is what I experienced in Blu also.  I just wanted a salad with slices of steak ON IT.  The steak was prepared very well.  Just not what I thought I was ordering...

51 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I notice that there is a whole new set of Daniel Boulud dishes. Has anyone tried the duck entree, and did you like it?

DW is going to try the chilled corn soup and the Milk Chocolate Pill tonight. I will file the appropriate reports with her verdict.

• Like 1