Medallion says “booking number not found”

tjcletzgo

I can’t log into the Medallion because they don’t recognize my booking number. I called the Princess number and they said they would put in a ticket to get it fixed.  They said it would take up to 5 days and it’s now 2 weeks. Anyone else? Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

If it is a new booking, then it might take a couple of days for it to get to the app.  Check to see if it is listed on the Princess Website as booked cruise.  If you have just a courtesy hold, it will not show up on the app, at a minimum the deposit payment has to have been made to secure the booking

Some suggestions that I have seen..... 

On the App click on your picture (bottom right) and see if it is listed under the My Journeys section (on the left hand side), you should see the sailing date.  If not hit the + sign and try to sign in there using the new booking reference #.   MAKE SURE your full first name (eg: Robert vs Bob) and Last name are spelt correctly.

Failing that click on sign-out and then sign in again use Thrak's suggestion of User Name and Password.

Deleting the app and re-installing the app works sometimes, but that always takes time to refresh and pull up your bookings.

Edited by Valiamo

28 minutes ago, tjcletzgo said:

That doesn’t work for me. I need it to recognize my booking number😳

If you log on with a user name and password do not try to use the "Link My Booking" (or whatever it says). That doesn't work for anybody - ever. It should be removed from the app. If you are able to log in with a user name and password then click on your picture on the lower right corner of the screen (it's labeled "Profile") and see if it shows your cruise under the "My Journeys" section on the left of the screen that pops up after clicking on your picture.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tjcletzgo said:

I can’t log into the Medallion because they don’t recognize my booking number. I called the Princess number and they said they would put in a ticket to get it fixed.  They said it would take up to 5 days and it’s now 2 weeks. Anyone else? Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Meanwhile, go to the cruise personalizer 

on the website and try the website version of the App.  Click on checkin and you’ll see a hyperlink to try the website version.

Do everything you can on that web version.  See if it populated in the Princess App after your entries.  Give it 1 day before you check.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

That doesn’t work for me. I need it to recognize my booking number😳

Can you access it via the web app on the Princess web site?

11 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

Thanks

In addition to calling Princess, it is (or at least used to be) possible to Email the Medallion App folks directly. I did this a number of times, in late 2021 and into the spring of 2022, and they were surprisingly responsive. They often answered quickly, even on weekends, and eventually sorted out my problems, though they admitted they sometimes prioritized their support/fixes by your sailing date.

I can't say if this Email address is still in effect as I haven't had to use it for a long time, but perhaps someone here can chime in and say whether it's still in operation:

AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com or A360ad7@carnival.com

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

It has never, not one time, worked for us either. 

I thought in you case that the App on your phone works, just not the web version.

In their case they cannot access on their App.

I wonder if it is a compatability issue with some devices. When I tried to put the app on my old phone (Moto g4, yeah it was old) it wouldn't even let me download it, lol. I have the app on my Samsung tablet but it can sometimes be glitchy. Updated  my phone to Pixel 6 last year and it doesn't seem to be having any issues so far. 

Just now, ldtr said:

I thought in you case that the App on your phone works, just not the web version.

In their case they cannot access on their App.

I can’t log into the app except with the Booking ID. Using my log in and password that I use to log in online has never once worked. Then, online, I can’t do the app functions in the cruise Personalizer because it says the booking is already linked. I can go into the cruise Personalizer, I just can’t complete the check in or do DMW. 

Yesterday, for the cruise my husband just booked, I had no issue choosing his dining times, but can’t do any check in. It just spins and tells me to try again later. He cruises Sunday.

It’s a mess. 

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

In addition to calling Princess, it is (or at least used to be) possible to Email the Medallion App folks directly. I did this a number of times, in late 2021 and into the spring of 2022, and they were surprisingly responsive. They often answered quickly, even on weekends, and eventually sorted out my problems, though they admitted they sometimes prioritized their support/fixes by your sailing date.

I can't say if this Email address is still in effect as I haven't had to use it for a long time, but perhaps someone here can chime in and say whether it's still in operation:

AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com or A360ad7@carnival.com

They have been responsive to me several times.  At least, letting me know they were working on issues with the App.  And, the issues were resolved at that time.

Also, you can call the general PCL phone line and pick the option for the Medallion team for getting ocean ready.  Many have used the phone route and said recently they were also responsive.

I have the same credentials for the web as I do for the App.  Have never had any of the issues that some people are reporting.  It just seems logical (to me, anyway) to use the same set.  The retired IT guy in me totally understands that they are 2 different systems and as such *can* have different creds...but why?  Why not try to get your App creds to match the web?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

I am confused. How does one use the app if I cannot link my booking? My ap password is different from my princess password. Is this part of my issue?

Yes, that is an issue.  You should have the same username and pw as on the website.  You may have 2 accounts also. You may need to call in and have them make sure there is only one account under your name.  

They should be able to fix that and make sure you only have one account, one Captain Circle number, etc.

Never try to link,

never reregister… only confuses things. 

Edited by PacnGoNow

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have the same credentials for the web as I do for the App.  Have never had any of the issues that some people are reporting.  It just seems logical (to me, anyway) to use the same set.  The retired IT guy in me totally understands that they are 2 different systems and as such *can* have different creds...but why?  Why not try to get your App creds to match the web?

I have the same credentials for both, but the phone app and the web version apparently thinks that I am two different people.  In my case the phone app shows me as captains club status blue, while the web app has me as captains club status black.  So I suspect that captains club number is part of the data that has to match to authenticate ID.  Most likely when I first setup on the phone version it could probably not access my CC number so it merely created a new one.  Something that Princess seems to like to do if it cannot match your complete data set. That is all hypothesis but a month back I explained it all to one of the medallion group and they were able to fix the problem in about 5 minutes.  Unfortunately they apparently did not correct all of the data locations because when I got back from my next cruise (3 different DBs involved - Princess, Medallion, Shipboard) the problem resurfaced.

As far as Princess Corporate is concerned with their systems everything is find and only 1 Captains Circle number exists, so the incorrect data had to reside in the Medallion version.

Edited by ldtr