Worst cruise ship shows ever. Meraviglia!

Cruise5life

4 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Sounds ugly. In 2022 the Virtuosa had the La Traviata in Dubai in January and also in northern Europe in November. Different singers, the ones in Dubai were good, the ones in Europe absolutely gorgeous.

And MSC praised themselves intensively for being the only cruise company that still offers this to their customers 🙂

I wish they would bring that to the US.

I would have loved to hear the gentleman singer on our cruise sing opera knowing he is a trained opera singer in Europe.

It could have easily been incorporated in the Italian themed show.
Just small tweaks like that to get a feel for how the crowd reacts is what they should be doing. 

Maybe I should come out of retirement and offer my suggestions to them lol

• Like 1

One of my favorite things about MSC was that it "wasn't American"....the passengers, the entertainment etc.

A bit off topic, but....I always liked that the people "dressed well".  I don't mean "got dressed up for dinner in the MDR".  I mean, all day long....outfits that were coordinated, beautiful shoes, nice jewelry.  It didn't matter if it was the breakfast buffet or "opera time"....the people knew how to look put together; definately not the American look.

ETA-I used to feel like it was taking a trip to Italy without bothering to fly there!

Edited by MsTabbyKats
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Cruise5life said:

Here’s an example of how terrible the performance was.      If you can’t jump rope.  Don’t do the routine.    
this took for ever to load or I’d post towers I have.    Terrible wifi.    And won’t be home for another 13 days.   

IMG_8071.MOV

Well, thanks for the warning.  I'll be prepared to be disappointed.

Just don't tell me they took away the Swarovski staircase......love that bling! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, no1talks said:

I could not agree more. 

Yeah this is why msc isn’t for me I think.  Besides the terrible entertainment. 
I will not get dressed up when I’m on vacation.   I’ve worn a uniform my entire career.   And no way will I dress up just to impress someone else.   

23 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

One of my favorite things about MSC was that it "wasn't American"....the passengers, the entertainment etc.

A bit off topic, but....I always liked that the people "dressed well".  I don't mean "got dressed up for dinner in the MDR".  I mean, all day long....outfits that were coordinated, beautiful shoes, nice jewelry.  It didn't matter if it was the breakfast buffet or "opera time"....the people knew how to look put together; definately not the American look.

ETA-I used to feel like it was taking a trip to Italy without bothering to fly there!

7121CBF5-1E10-464F-A03D-371CD3CF3747.jpeg

11175866-39AF-4ABA-8ED9-3DAA2A2001EF.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Well, thanks for the warning.  I'll be prepared to be disappointed.

Just don't tell me they took away the Swarovski staircase......love that bling! 

Nope.  That would take a lot of work.   
that’s about the nicest part of the ship.  Lol.    I like helping people take their pictures.    

48E38F1B-645F-40E0-AE23-E751CC164CA5.jpeg

• Like 1

This msc cruise was a filler cruise to get me through the week after my 15 days through Panama and before I get on my 7 days to the Caribbean.     
so it was a good test to see if it was for me and if all the others that posted their dislikes is true.   
so for the 900.00 I paid and 200 obc.  
am I upset.  Not really for the price I paid.  Will I cruise again.   Most likely not.   Unless I need another filler.  
it was cheaper than spending the week in Florida till my next cruise.   Lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Nope.  That would take a lot of work.   
that’s about the nicest part of the ship.  Lol.    I like helping people take their pictures.    

48E38F1B-645F-40E0-AE23-E751CC164CA5.jpeg

Now that makes me feel better.

BTW...I didn't say they "dressed up".  They dress well....good sense of style, even in the most casual of outfits. That's pre-Americanization anyway.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

• Like 1

Just now, Moz said:

I so agree with you,  Our first cruise on the Seaside several years ago was wonderful and one of the outstanding events was viewing the beautifully garbed European guests so enjoyed their attire just the way they cared for how they appeared, not necessarily elaborate but just so "put together". I was enamored with the opera truly an experience so sorry they discontinued it.  We are scheduled on the Seascape in the fall and it's alarming to read all the negative comments now we are worried that the MSC ships in the USA and becoming filled with the very crude, raunchy Carnival crowd.  We are hoping we don't have to cancel if the negative reviews continue.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Moz said:

I so agree with you,  Our first cruise on the Seaside several years ago was wonderful and one of the outstanding events was viewing the beautifully garbed European guests so enjoyed their attire just the way they cared for how they appeared, not necessarily elaborate but just so "put together". I was enamored with the opera truly an experience so sorry they discontinued it.  We are scheduled on the Seascape in the fall and it's alarming to read all the negative comments now we are worried that the MSC ships in the USA and becoming filled with the very crude, raunchy Carnival crowd.  We are hoping we don't have to cancel if the negative reviews continue.

We are booked for the Yacht Club in April....really only because of DH recovering from surgery and I don't want him to wait on lines etc.  The price was actually less than a guarantee balcony on NCL for the same week...plus the MSC cruise is a day longer.

I hate to say this....but based on current reviews....I'm very happy we'll be in the Yacht Club.

You should check the interior Yacht Club cabins...the price may surprise you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

10 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

We are booked for the Yacht Club in April....really only because of DH recovering from surgery and I don't want him to wait on lines etc.  The price was actually less than a guarantee balcony on NCL for the same week...plus the MSC cruise is a day longer.

I hate to say this....but based on current reviews....I'm very happy we'll be in the Yacht Club.

You should check the interior Yacht Club cabins...the price may surprise you.

Thank you for the reply and I have checked into the inside cabins in the YC but just unable on a very limited income and at my age to be able to manage that,  We were loyal Carnival cruisers until several years ago when the crude crowd took over.  I could not get my two grown sons who accompany me to enable me to cruise, to go back even they could not cope with the behavior and atmosphere, Just hopefully MSC will closely monitor this and provide the ambiance they once did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

"Fashion wasn't what you wore someplace anymore; it was the whole reason for going" Andy Warhol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Here’s an example of how terrible the performance was.      If you can’t jump rope.  Don’t do the routine.    
this took for ever to load or I’d post towers I have.    Terrible wifi.    And won’t be home for another 13 days.   

IMG_8071.MOV

That was very bad.  When we saw it in October, this part was very well executed and we enjoyed the show.  I would not have enjoyed that performance you posted.  

5 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

I think his kilt was the problem 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Moz said:

I think as long as you don’t cruise during a major holiday or school vacation you should be okay.  Also stay away from 3 or 4

day cruises. 

6 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

oh, this is laughably bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moz said:

Thank you for the reply and I have checked into the inside cabins in the YC but just unable on a very limited income and at my age to be able to manage that,  We were loyal Carnival cruisers until several years ago when the crude crowd took over.  I could not get my two grown sons who accompany me to enable me to cruise, to go back even they could not cope with the behavior and atmosphere, Just hopefully MSC will closely monitor this and provide the ambiance they once did.

At the moment, a 3/4 night cruise on MSC out of Port Canaveral is far cheaper than what Carnival, NCL and Royal are charging (especially once you factor in the value of the drink package).

So in other words, MSC will/has become a dumping ground for the people that either can’t afford or don’t want to pay the price Carnival, NCL and Royal are charging.

Something to think about.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CruisingNole said:So in other words, MSC will/has become a dumping ground for the people that either can’t afford or don’t want to pay the price Carnival, NCL and Royal are charging.

You really sound very ........

Dumping ground?

How many cruse and what cruise lines have you been on? 

Let us all know your next cruise so we won't have to cruise on the same ship you are on!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

You really sound very ........

Dumping ground?

How many cruse and what cruise lines have you been on? 

Let us all know your next cruise so we won't have to cruise on the same ship you are on!

So, are you cruising on another ship?