Champagne instead of wine

denys222

I brought 4 bottles for us , they did question it but let us take them on board . There was a post a couple of months ago saying it was changed, I would like to see that in writing. They also eliminated corkage fee if you have the drink package. Champagne is wine should make no difference.

23 minutes ago, George C said:

I brought 4 bottles for us , they did question it but let us take them on board . There was a post a couple of months ago saying it was changed, I would like to see that in writing. They also eliminated corkage fee if you have the drink package. Champagne is wine should make no difference.

George - you can find it here

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/faqs/before-you-board under What is Celebrity Cruises’ Alcohol Policy?

The reason you had no problem with 4 bottles is that EACH GUEST is permitted 2 bottles

image.thumb.png.5e0edd748ce002bc46b6e88dce8686b1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Has anyone booked through AX and gotten a free bottle of champagne?  Is it any good, and is it in the room when you arrive or does it come later? 

The reason I ask is I would like to have it for sail away and trying to plan what to bring for my allotment.  Best place to buy wine in Vancouver (downtown)? 

Also noted anniversary as a celebration, what should I expect?  Hopefully more free booze, don't need a cake with all the desserts onboard!  In reality this is an anniversary, 60th B-day, and retirement party but I only told them about the anniversary.

Edited by dilbertsdaddy

20 hours ago, denys222 said:

Reflection this Sunday. Did anybody have  problems bringing 4 bottles of wine on sailing day. Me sister in law's husband only drinks champagne. Would they be allowed to champagne instead of wine? Thanks

Ummmm….champagne is wine.

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

George - you can find it here

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/faqs/before-you-board under What is Celebrity Cruises’ Alcohol Policy?

The reason you had no problem with 4 bottles is that EACH GUEST is permitted 2 bottles

image.thumb.png.5e0edd748ce002bc46b6e88dce8686b1.png

Does anyone know what is the current corkage fee per wine bottle when brought on when embarking?

28 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Does anyone know what is the current corkage fee per wine bottle when brought on when embarking?

No fee if you open it in your cabin and just ask your cabin steward for wine glasses. Then fill a glass, and bring it with you. No corkage fee!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

Has anyone booked through AX and gotten a free bottle of champagne?  Is it any good, and is it in the room when you arrive or does it come later? 

The reason I ask is I would like to have it for sail away and trying to plan what to bring for my allotment.  Best place to buy wine in Vancouver (downtown)? 

Also noted anniversary as a celebration, what should I expect?  Hopefully more free booze, don't need a cake with all the desserts onboard!  In reality this is an anniversary, 60th B-day, and retirement party but I only told them about the anniversary.

It's nothing great. IIRC it wasn't even champagne but a sparkling wine which might change depending on the sailing. I can't remember the last time stuff was set up on embarkation day. You could probably ask for it to be provided when you get on board and tell the cabin steward.

8 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

It's nothing great. IIRC it wasn't even champagne but a sparkling wine which might change depending on the sailing. I can't remember the last time stuff was set up on embarkation day. You could probably ask for it to be provided when you get on board and tell the cabin steward.

thanks

27 minutes ago, MCazer said:

No fee if you open it in your cabin and just ask your cabin steward for wine glasses. Then fill a glass, and bring it with you. No corkage fee!

This is what my husband and I do on cruises. It's a big money saver!

Since we usually fly to cruises, we get there at least a day early and find a nearby grocery store to pick up wine. We try to buy bottles with screw caps, but we also pack a TSA approved corkscrew.

Bringing champagne works well because no corkscrew is needed. Be sure to ask your cabin steward to clear out your fridge so you can chill bottles.

40 minutes ago, MCazer said:

Have you actually experienced that when on X ships? 

So is it similar to the policy on RCI ships where corkage can be charged when you bring your own brought onboard wine bottle into the dining room.

I read the above as it is a fee to bring your own wine onboard.

Edited by robtulipe

9 minutes ago, WanderingTheWorld said:

This is what my husband and I do on cruises. It's a big money saver!

Since we usually fly to cruises, we get there at least a day early and find a nearby grocery store to pick up wine. We try to buy bottles with screw caps, but we also pack a TSA approved corkscrew.

Bringing champagne works well because no corkscrew is needed. Be sure to ask your cabin steward to clear out your fridge so you can chill bottles.

We also bring Sangria!  And we ask for the cabin steward to bring ice every day.  We will have 2 Pinot Noir and 2 Sangria!  And you can take some fruit from the buffet and make a really great sangria!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Have you actually experienced that when on X ships? 

So is it similar to the policy on RCI ships where corkage can be charged when you bring your own brought onboard wine bottle into the dining room.

I read the above as it is a fee to bring your own wine onboard.

Yes, in 2018 and 2019, we brought bottles of wine in our carrier on and then drank them in our room, or carried the wine out of our room. Nice big pour too!  Just like on Royal Caribbean.  Corkage fee is only if you bring it to dinner or similar.  And, If you have a drink package, then there won't be a corkage fee at all, even if you bring it to dinner.