11:40am Departure From LAX on Disembark Day Practical?

Jeter02

does anyone know what time the Discovery Princess starts It's disembarkcation with walk offs in San Pedro, (assuming that's where the discovery princess is out of)?

Is a 11:40am Departure From LAX on Disembark Day Practical with LA traffic? Or am I cutting it too close for my flight?

And if someone can refresh my memory what time breakfast in the MDR begins on disembark that would be great. You would think I have this memorized by now with constantly being onboard, but I'm drawing a slight blank. Is it at 6:00 or 6:30 a.m.?

4 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

And if someone can refresh my memory what time breakfast in the MDR begins on disembark that would be great. You would think I have this memorized by now with constantly being onboard, but I'm drawing a slight blank. Is it at 6:00 or 6:30 a.m.?

6:30 at Skagway

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

does anyone know what time the Discovery Princess starts It's disembarkcation with walk offs in San Pedro, (assuming that's where the discovery princess is out of)?

Is a 11:40am Departure From LAX on Disembark Day Practical with LA traffic? Or am I cutting it too close for my flight?

our last cruise on Jan 7 - people were walking off at 7:00 a - but we have been delayed during 2022 until almost 9:00a, so I would suggest that you make it after noon for your flight.

We disembarked the Discovery Princess on Jan 7 (Saturday) and did the walk off.  We were off the ship starting right about 7:20.  Our flight was at 11:20 AM flight out of LAX and made it with plenty of time to spare.  Had a car scheduled to pick us up at 7:45 and we were at the airport by 8:30.  I was a little concerned about making the flight since Delta kept changing the time on us.  But so glad they did and we didn't have to wait until 2:00 which was our original flight time. 

LAX at the Delta counter was a madhouse.  We had first class tickets so checking in our luggage was a bit quicker. 

• Like 1

It just depends on when the ship is cleared for disembarkation.  Traffic can be a pain on weekdays. I usually use noon as a time frame for flying. On some occasions I will just overnight and fly early the next day

2 hours ago, Hulagirl said:

We disembarked the Discovery Princess on Jan 7 (Saturday) and did the walk off.  We were off the ship starting right about 7:20.  Our flight was at 11:20 AM flight out of LAX and made it with plenty of time to spare.  Had a car scheduled to pick us up at 7:45 and we were at the airport by 8:30.  I was a little concerned about making the flight since Delta kept changing the time on us.  But so glad they did and we didn't have to wait until 2:00 which was our original flight time. 

LAX at the Delta counter was a madhouse.  We had first class tickets so checking in our luggage was a bit quicker. 

Luckily I only do carry on and have TSA pre check

San Pedro disembarkations have been moving pretty quickly with the Discovery.  San Pedro uses CBP facial recognition so it goes very quickly. On our last cruise we were not in the walk off group (were in first independent travel at 7:40).  An 11:30 flight should be doable, but keep in mind that a lot of things could go wrong.  

42 minutes ago, ldtr said:

San Pedro disembarkations have been moving pretty quickly with the Discovery.  San Pedro uses CBP facial recognition so it goes very quickly. On our last cruise we were not in the walk off group (were in first independent travel at 7:40).  An 11:30 flight should be doable, but keep in mind that a lot of things could go wrong.  

I agree. I would also want to kown there is another flight option avaliable  that day incase there are issues and you do t make the 1130 flight.  I hate having  to hang around the airport and watch earlier flights board that I didn't take because of the recommended time.

The problem is not getting off the ship or getting to LAX as much as the ship being cleared by customs.  We have had a delay where no one was allowed off the ship until 9:00a - by then you are running into rush hour traffic (LA traffic is rush hour all day)

4 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I’m returning to San Pedro in mid April. If I look at EZ Air, the earliest flight I can book is 11:45….so that makes me think 11:30 would work. 

If you are doing a closed loop cruise out of San Pedro things go pretty quickly.  Thing can be delayed significantly if the ship is doing a one way from an overseas port and then ending in San Pedro.  That has caused problems in the past.

The absolute last-offs on Discovery for the last three sailings have been 9:20 and they’ve been hunting them down - the last group call has been more like 8:40.  So I would have zero hesitation booking an 11:40 domestic departure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roxievegas said:

The problem is not getting off the ship or getting to LAX as much as the ship being cleared by customs.  We have had a delay where no one was allowed off the ship until 9:00a - by then you are running into rush hour traffic (LA traffic is rush hour all day)

On the closed loop cruises CBP clearance has been going well lately at San Pedro.  Have down 5 cruises in the past four month out of San Pedro.  All disembarkations have run on time if not faster.