Included lobster tail ?

Hogbay

Hi have just been on both Quantum and Ovation recently from Australia and no where was their Main Lobster tail complimentary .All was a up charge . Has anyone had complimentary Lobster on other sailing . Thanks .🦞🦞🦞

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Hi have just been on both Quantum and Ovation recently from Australia and no where was their Main Lobster tail complimentary .All was a up charge . Has anyone had complimentary Lobster on other sailing . Thanks .🦞🦞🦞

Was lobster tail included in menus of sailings from Australia.

We got off Wonder of the Seas last Sunday.  We got a Maine lobster tail in the MDR one night for no charge.  An additional Maine lobster tail was $16.99, which I had on another night (available on the menu every evening).  I prefer Caribbean spiny lobster - meat is sweeter than Maine lobster but we didn't have the choice. 

Edited by Diver2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We got off Wonder of the Seas last Sunday.  We got a Maine lobster tail in the MDR one night for no charge.  An additional Maine lobster tail was $16.99, which I had on another night (available on the menu every evening).  I prefer Caribbean spiny lobster - meat is sweeter than Maine lobster but we didn't have the choice. 

Food is subjective.... see the threads on how food is so bad now or the food on whatever ship was so bad.  Then people on the same sailings say everything was great and they had no complaints.

People used to complain that the Caribbean spiny lobsters served on formal night weren't "real" cold-water lobsters and were so small (even though they would bring you as many as you wanted).  Now that they're serving one complimentary Maine lobster, some else would prefer Caribbean spiny lobsters.

The cruise lines will never be able to please everyone.

Edited by DallasGuy75219
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Food is subjective

Taste is subjective; quality of ingredients and of preparation is not.

The new menus (at least for American sailings) have lobster on one of the formal nights.  You get one tail included and have to pay for subsequent tails.  The tails seem to be larger than they were when they were unlimited (not sure whether that indicates a change to Maine tails from Caribbean).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, baelor said:

Taste is subjective; quality of ingredients and of preparation is not.

The new menus (at least for American sailings) have lobster on one of the formal nights.  You get one tail included and have to pay for subsequent tails.  The tails seem to be larger than they were when they were unlimited (not sure whether that indicates a change to Maine tails from Caribbean).

The lobster we had on Mariner of the Seas last June were spiny lobsters.  Small but as many of them as we wanted.  The lobster on Wonder of the Seas two weeks ago were large Maine lobsters.  Get one free, buy the others.  I have no problem with either, just bring 'em on.  I paid for an extra night of Maine lobster just because they were so good and our waiter brought a whole gravy boat of melted butter.

It was delicious.  I just wanted to point out that spiny lobsters have a little sweeter taste but I'll take whatever is put in front of me.  A real treat as far as I'm concerned.  I used to be on a boat in the Florida Keys the first day of lobster season, catching our own.  Limit was 6.  Loved those days.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

The lobster we had on Mariner of the Seas last June were spiny lobsters.  Small but as many of them as we wanted.  The lobster on Wonder of the Seas two weeks ago were large Maine lobsters.  Get one free, buy the others.  I have no problem with either, just bring 'em on.  I paid for an extra night of Maine lobster just because they were so good and our waiter brought a whole gravy boat of melted butter.

It was delicious.  I just wanted to point out that spiny lobsters have a little sweeter taste but I'll take whatever is put in front of me.  A real treat as far as I'm concerned.  I used to be on a boat in the Florida Keys the first day of lobster season, catching our own.  Limit was 6.  Loved those days.

What I saw in a photo that a poster showed the Maine did not seem any bigger than the Caribbean warm weather type. 

will experience on my upcoming Anthem sail. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What I saw in a photo that a poster showed the Maine did not seem any bigger than the Caribbean warm weather type. 

will experience on my upcoming Anthem sail. 

My experience was that on the Wonder of the Seas earlier this month, the Maine lobster tail stretched across the entire dinner plate with the vegetables tucked underneath.  After removing the shell, there was at least a 5 inch x 2 inch piece of the most delicious meat!  On Mariner of the Seas last June, the Caribbean spiny lobster was about 5 inches in the shell and about 4 inches of meat.  The shell of the Maine lobster is an orangy color with large, flat tail flukes.  The Caribbean lobster was a brown color with small tail flukes (and of course, spiny lobsters do not have claws).  I'll take either one at the drop of a hat!  The lobster I see in the grocery stores here are about the size of what we used to call prawns in the Pacific Northwest and cost about $8 for a 4 oz tail.  So any lobster I get on a ship is a special treat. I should have taken a photo but I was too busy tucking in while it was still hot!

Edited by Diver2014
  • Like 2

We are currently on the Allure and had Maine Lobster tail last night.  This is a pic of the menu that was outside the MDR. 

image.thumb.png.23f5369bd97eb299bbff9c552522321a.png

Getting a second Lobster tail cost extra.  If you are with someone that does not eat Lobster ☺ they can order the Lobster and another main.  This is a pic of the Lobster. 

image.thumb.png.e57005dbb83df3e86bd4423932e1781c.png

If you want more pics of the meal check out the live review.  😂 

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2023 at 9:48 AM, nelblu said:

Was lobster tail included in menus of sailings from Australia.

It has been my experience that the complimentary lobster has never been included on the MDR menus from Australia or Asia. It was on Vision med sailings last year though.

Edited by Missusdubbya

8 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

It has been my experience that the complimentary lobster has never been included on the MDR menus from Australia or Asia. It was on Vision med sailings last year though.

That is strange, as I've sailed from Barcelona on a 12 niter before the pandemic and lobster wasn't on the menu.  Shrimp was substituted. 

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 2