liquor or wine on board

Lolotte

And don't forget BEER, if you enjoy that, too. Brought lots of beer, hard liquor and wine on board during our port stops in the W. Caribbean (Riviera, 12/2021) and in the E. Caribbean (Sirena, 11/2022). You can enjoy the beer and hard liquor in your cabin. Enjoyed it on our veranda both times.

Three couples who spent 32 days recently on the Nautica, were told by a wine steward in the dining room that they could bring a glass of wine from their cabin for dinner, and of course they did that every evening with no one questioning them.

7 minutes ago, oceanpark said:

Three couples who spent 32 days recently on the Nautica, were told by a wine steward in the dining room that they could bring a glass of wine from their cabin for dinner, and of course they did that every evening with no one questioning them.

Great news 🤔

No need to spend money on Beverage packages   just haul your bottles of wine & spirits  at each port

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Read post #4.

They did not say  they were restricted  to 1 glass

we have seen people get up during dinner with their empty glass & return with a full glass  of wine

do not think they went to the bar  to get a refill 😃

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oceanpark said:

Wish I’d tried that, would have saved a lot of money.  I like to have one glass with dinner.  

On 1/28/2023 at 4:51 PM, LHT28 said:

yes 

spirits for in cabin use

Bottles of wine you can take to a dining venue & pay the $25 corkage fee  or drink it in your cabin N/C

Wow, that is good news, we are Oceania newbies, and we have an 18 night cruise booked in 2025 on the Marina.  We have the O-Life beverage package, so wine and beer with meals is covered but being able to have a bottle of gin and bourbon in our cabin would be nice. Does the Marina have a duty-free liquor shop like other cruise lines? If so, can we buy bottles to enjoy back in our cabin? Can we get mixers for drinks onboard? Thanks for your help. This has us rethinking the need to upgrade the bev package now.

23 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

No, you have to buy your beer, hard liquor and wine prior to embarkation or at port stops.

Thank you, that will work for us. We leave from Santiago Chile so I know we can get good wine to bring aboard.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Wow, that is good news, we are Oceania newbies, and we have an 18 night cruise booked in 2025 on the Marina.  We have the O-Life beverage package, so wine and beer with meals is covered but being able to have a bottle of gin and bourbon in our cabin would be nice. Does the Marina have a duty-free liquor shop like other cruise lines? If so, can we buy bottles to enjoy back in our cabin? Can we get mixers for drinks onboard? Thanks for your help. This has us rethinking the need to upgrade the bev package now.

If you do not want to carry spirits with you  have a look at the Bonvoyage  gifts

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2022-12/bon-voyage-gifts.pdf

It also depends on how much you drink   you could just pay as you drink  or hit the HH  at 5-6 pm

We like to enjoy the quartet  before dinner  or  sit with new/old friends we have met & enjoy a chat  with a drink

Some Countries are easier/cheaper to get spirits  in

We got a nice bottle of Cognac in Amsterdam  that we cannot buy here in Canada  for DH to enjoy a night cap

YMMV

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

If you do not want to carry spirits with you  have a look at the Bonvoyage  gifts

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2022-12/bon-voyage-gifts.pdf

It also depends on how much you drink   you could just pay as you drink  or hit the HH  at 5-6 pm

We like to enjoy the quartet  before dinner  or  sit with new/old friends we have met & enjoy a chat  with a drink

Some Countries are easier/cheaper to get spirits  in

We got a nice bottle of Cognac in Amsterdam  that we cannot buy here in Canada  for DH to enjoy a night cap

YMMV

Thanks for the information. We may just bring onboard some bottles of wine since we will be in Chile for our departure a couple of days early. 

40 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Thanks for the information. We may just bring onboard some bottles of wine since we will be in Chile for our departure a couple of days early. 

You should be fine  getting wine in S.A  ports  but not sure on spirits

I know in Norway  they are pricey

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oceanpark said:

Wow. That is against Oceania’s rules and that wine steward needs more training. It’s upsetting to people who follow the rules. 

If too many people break Oceania’s generous alcohol policy we could find ourselves under the same restrictions as the mainstream lines who will seize your bottles. Follow the rules for the enjoyment of all aboard. 

Just My Opinion 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

If too many people break Oceania’s generous alcohol policy we could find ourselves under the same restrictions as the mainstream lines who will seize your bottles. Follow the rules for the enjoyment of all aboard. 

+1

and we are seeing passengers doing this every day

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LHT28 said:

...No need to spend money on Beverage packages   just haul your bottles of wine & spirits at each port

Really not hard to buy a bottle of wine or hard liquor in a port, esp. on the way back. I've found my Oceania tote bag works perfectly for that. Sometimes that meant carrying say 2 bottles of beer and a bottle of hard liquor. Worked like a charm. Port after port. As needed. Then even take some back home in my checked bag on the airplane. I finished off my bottle of Brugal rum (Dominican Republic) on New Year's Eve. Made rum punch. Not sure I'll open the 169 proof (84.5%) Sunset rum from St. Vincent any time soon. You can't buy that around here!

It would be a shame if people started to abuse O’s policy of bringing alcohol on board for consumption in their cabins. The glass ware in the cabins is quite different from the bars/lounges so  it is very easy to tell the difference. Bringing drinks from your cabin to a dining venue has never been allowed, I can not see it starting now. Taking a paid for drink to dinner is not uncommon, or even a cocktail from the Oceania Club gathering.Bring on what you need but keep it in your cabin or pay the corkage.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, jackdeb said:

It would be a shame if people started to abuse O’s policy of bringing alcohol on board for consumption in their cabins. The glass ware in the cabins is quite different from the bars/lounges so  it is very easy to tell the difference. Bringing drinks from your cabin to a dining venue has never been allowed, I can not see it starting now. Taking a paid for drink to dinner is not uncommon, or even a cocktail from the Oceania Club gathering.Bring on what you need but keep it in your cabin or pay the corkage.

Anyone can get an empty glass from a bar  

but if  management is not doing anything to curb the abuse it will continue

• Like 2

Am off to Chile this week prior to Marina cruise. We have a couple of tours from Santiago which include vineyards😃. Also a foodie tour which am sure will include beverage purchase opportunities. Will be buying gin at Heathrow.

My question is: Do I have to carry the purchased wine/liquor onto the ship or can it go in the suitcases (I have reinforced bubble wrap sleeves).

1 minute ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Am off to Chile this week prior to Marina cruise. We have a couple of tours from Santiago which include vineyards😃. Also a foodie tour which am sure will include beverage purchase opportunities. Will be buying gin at Heathrow.

My question is: Do I have to carry the purchased wine/liquor onto the ship or can it go in the suitcases (I have reinforced bubble wrap sleeves).

I rarely carry ours aboard. Send it in with and/or in the luggage.

12 hours ago, LHT28 said:

if  management is not doing anything to curb the abuse it will continue

Unfortunately that is the excuse being used by the cheaters. 
The solution is very simple for Oceania, especially when they are looking for ways of making money.

• Like 3