Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I was up wayyy too late, and now I'm up way too early than I would like. On line for Starbucks because I need something to get this machine running for my long (short) day here in Cozumel. Gotta get back up to the cabin whilst I sip, and get my bag ready for the day. I wish that we didn't have to leave so soon, but it is what it is.

PXL_20230207_122401209.jpg

We may be the only couple in the world who does not crave their caffeine fix to wake up. I hate the taste of coffee. I won't even eat coffee ice cream, though I love ice cream. DW does need her morning coffee, but it is decaf as caffeine is contraindicated with a prescription she takes. I have trouble understanding how she can be addicted to something when it does not have the addicting ingredient. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Got my bug out bag ready to roll, as a couple of the places I'm going have a porta potty at best... Strange for an extremely OCD guy like me to put myself in those types of situations, but that's what it takes to have an "authentic adventure". Heading out soon...

• Like 24

21 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

While we were there I wanted to try and get a drink that only the Haven bartenders know how to make. Unfortunately they had never heard of it ( smoke and fire) so I settled for a spicy margarita. The pink looking drink is called smokey dragon, and that's the closest he knew to the other one. She ended up taking it, and now has a new favorite drink.

PXL_20230206_170033453.jpg

You mean these?

D8C3DC83-2EE5-47A7-9943-8C00E66CEC5E.jpeg

1509CBE2-5C1E-46BE-BC20-8FC57CE60E21.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

It's bad enough that every single person in line is taking a couple of minutes to describe whatever drink they want from Starbucks, but I almost had an incident down there just now. I was finally the second in line to order, when some guy who knew the guy in front of me strolls up. At this point he would've been about 15th in line. Well, the guy in front of me knew the guy, and he says "just tell me whatever you want, and I'll get it so you don't have to wait in line"... Of course each one of these concoctions is going to take several minutes each to make, and now everyone behind him is made to wait even longer... I wanted to cause a scene, but I'm trying to have a nice vacation day today.

Almost the classic Chat 'N Cut.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

It's bad enough that every single person in line is taking a couple of minutes to describe whatever drink they want from Starbucks, but I almost had an incident down there just now. I was finally the second in line to order, when some guy who knew the guy in front of me strolls up. At this point he would've been about 15th in line. Well, the guy in front of me knew the guy, and he says "just tell me whatever you want, and I'll get it so you don't have to wait in line"... Of course each one of these concoctions is going to take several minutes each to make, and now everyone behind him is made to wait even longer... I wanted to cause a scene, but I'm trying to have a nice vacation day today.

Chat and cut, Larry David hates it LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I binged and now I’m caught up. 
Do those slides really go though balconies? Like why would they do that?? Who would want those balconies?

Thanks again for the awesome review!!

Yes, and we could hear the drop of the door and screaming while our balcony door was closed. 

Several Haven cabins have them right outside.

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Showered off and ready to tackle the rest of the day. I left here about 9:30 to go meet my driver, and we were off towards the East side. I really wanted some tacos from Diego's, but they weren't open yet when we drove by. I told him to just take me somewhere non touristy, and we soon came across a little place on the side of the road.

PXL_20230207_151148354.thumb.jpg.fcad84122875f68884c5513e140d3fa1.jpg

PXL_20230207_151159661.jpg

• Like 21

Ordered some shrimp tacos that turned out to be pretty good, but not Diego's good. Paid the waitress off with some of my stack of pesos and checked out their restroom before heading out. Just in case you want to take a shower while you're there...

PXL_20230207_151059555.thumb.jpg.b7012b661f5e7816f074e1a65e8cd970.jpg

PXL_20230207_151104993.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

46 minutes ago, pretty princess said:

I definitely would have said something…very rude!

3 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Chat and cut, Larry David hates it LOL

4 hours ago, CruiseBro16 said:

Almost the classic Chat 'N Cut.

7 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

Freaking rude.  

img_1_1675727081711.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

Pretty soon we were on our way across the transversal road towards the East side, and a couple of my all time favorite beach bars. Mezcalitos is the first stop when you reach the ocean, and I've been coming here for about nine years now. Some great memories here, one of which I ended up urinating on a topless ladies foot when she stepped on a sea urchin. Unfortunately, there were no topless ladies there today. In fact, I was the only one there until I was almost ready to head out. 

I ordered my usual margarita upgraded with Don Julio Reposado, and the guy went over to start making it. I never saw him grab the Don Julio, so when he brought it I asked if that's what was in it. He had in fact forgotten in the thirty seconds since I ordered. I'm sure he makes so many every day that he's basically on "auto pilot", but at the same time I didn't come this far for "regular tequila"... My driver said something to him in Spanish, and soon he was remaking my drink. Finally, I got what I came all this distance for...

PXL_20230207_155140836.jpg

• Like 32