Concierge Lounge

MizKipp

We are sailing Royal Princess in a premium suite and understand we will have access to the concierge lounge. Are there alcoholic drinks there and are they complementary? Or perhaps just when it's happy hour? Thanks for feedback- 

• Like 2

We were on the regal in a suite in November.   The lounge has alcohol drinks in the afternoon and yes they were free.  In addition if you have the package, the attendants will get you what ever drink you want.  On the regal. Each night we got a.card in our room telling us about events in the lounge.  We.loved it there.  They are so helpful.  Need anything,  go there to the concierge.   

• Like 4

Great-thanks. That's what we are trying to figure out-if we want to splurge for the package. Do you happen to recall what is offered? I assume wine and beer. That would be good enough for us, frankly.

39 minutes ago, MizKipp said:

Great-thanks. That's what we are trying to figure out-if we want to splurge for the package. Do you happen to recall what is offered? I assume wine and beer. That would be good enough for us, frankly.

It was my experience they stock typical top shelf liquors and if they do not have it--they will make sure it is there the next day for sure--I requested Grey Goose vodka as well as a rootbeer--also in terms of cheese I asked for more brie as it seemed that the suite guests all loved it and a massive amount  magically appeared the next day as well 

5 hours ago, MizKipp said:

We are sailing Royal Princess in a premium suite and understand we will have access to the concierge lounge. Are there alcoholic drinks there and are they complementary? Or perhaps just when it's happy hour? Thanks for feedback- 

The complimentary drinks are from 5-7 I believe. They have little noshes all day throughout. When my husband mentioned breadsticks, the next day at 5, there was a plethora of breadsticks. Its a lovely quiet place, especially when the ship is full. The concierge on our last sailing said to "think of it as an extension of your living room". Spot on!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MizKipp said:

They will have several types of wines, spirits, and beer.  As others have said if there's something you like, ask and I have no doubt that if they have it they will do what they can to make sure it is there for you on subsequent nights.  For us the nightly happy hours have been a can't miss event.  We've had so many nice conversations with fellow passengers and also the waitstaff and concierge.

• Like 1

On the Royal  now. The earliest we have been to the Concierge Lounge is about 3.00pm, and drinks were available. Good quality sprits

, beer and wine all served by an attentive steward. A great shame this venue lacks an ocean view, but the ambience is lovely. We have met some interesting travellers to converse with.

• Like 2

Well I guess we will need to go back on the Regal (one of my favorites) in a suite again. Our second time on this ship was a Baltic cruise a few years back before covid we had an aft corner suite, loved this cabin loved having dinner in the cabin after a fall in St. Petersburg. Hated the concierge lounge, the young lady was anything but helpful. Didn't know how to run the coffee machine, couldn't run the computer to for dinner reservations. But was thinking she was new at this door was locked more than not, hubby thought she was napping. 

Maybe we need to try this again, do you get priority booking the Enclave? 

We were on the Royal a few months and enjoyed the lounge immensely.

Drinks were great but also a top notch specialty coffee machine available 24 hrs.

They brought in entertainment a few evenings.

We were lucky enough to have a cabin right across the hall. I am an insomniac so up a lot at night.

They showed me where the milk was kept so every night, about 2 am, I crossed the hall & my robe & got milk & cookies !

We are doing an Alaska cruise in a few months on the Crown. I hear they do NOT have a 24 hr

lounge    :O(

• Like 2

6 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Well I guess we will need to go back on the Regal (one of my favorites) in a suite again. Our second time on this ship was a Baltic cruise a few years back before covid we had an aft corner suite, loved this cabin loved having dinner in the cabin after a fall in St. Petersburg. Hated the concierge lounge, the young lady was anything but helpful. Didn't know how to run the coffee machine, couldn't run the computer to for dinner reservations. But was thinking she was new at this door was locked more than not, hubby thought she was napping. 

Maybe we need to try this again, do you get priority booking the Enclave? 

I have never seen the lounge locked. Our “Grey cards” opened it 24/7. We usually Dalit on Grand class ships so we don’t alway have the lounge but when we are on Royal class we usually have them make specialty restaurant reservations 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, memoak said:

I have never seen the lounge locked. Our “Grey cards” opened it 24/7. We usually Dalit on Grand class ships so we don’t alway have the lounge but when we are on Royal class we usually have them make specialty restaurant reservations 

TA thought it was a new ship on maybe not up to par, said it would be better on future cruises. Wasn't that big a deal that trip just would have like the experience. Always at the IC between 4:30 and 5:00 so got my latte. Looking forward to booking a suite on Regal next year.

Thanks

• Like 1