First time RCL question! (transfer reservation)

Hi there, I've got my first RCL cruise (after exclusively traveling on NCL) booked for November. I've seen online personal cruise travel agents offering to "transfer" my already bought and paid for reservation to them, is there any benefit to doing this after the fact? 

Thanks!

Edited by SeaportMike

2 minutes ago, SeaportMike said:

Hi there, I've got my first RCL cruise (after exclusively traveling on NCL) booked for November. I've seen online personal cruise travel agents offering to "transfer" my already bought and paid for reservation to them, is there any benefit to doing this after the fact? 

Thanks!

Depending on the category you booked they may have group space held at a lower rate and some will offer additional OBC for transferring the booking to them.

You have 30 days from the date the booking was created to transfer the booking

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depending on the category you booked they may have group space held at a lower rate and some will offer additional OBC for transferring the booking to them.

Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

• SeaportMike changed the title to First time RCL question! (transfer reservation)
13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ken, you seem to be the RCL expert! Where would I go about finding a travel agent that would be offering transfer benefits? I assume they arent allowed to solicit here..

Just now, SeaportMike said:

Ken, you seem to be the RCL expert! Where would I go about finding a travel agent that would be offering transfer benefits? I assume they arent allowed to solicit here..

Not allowed to solicit nor are people allowed to post recommendations.  Google is a good place to start but even better is recommendations from people you meet on a cruise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just be very careful if you don’t already have a travel agent. If what they offer for taking your reservation sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Lots of scams out there. And when you transfer that reservation, you have no control over it anymore. Any questions or calls for Royal has to be made by agent, not you. What did you do on NCL? Did you always handle your own booking?

Edited by crzndeb

54 minutes ago, SeaportMike said:

Thanks!

Are you saying that its already paid in full?   If so I  don't believe that you can transfer it 

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Are you saying that its already paid in full?   If so I  don't believe that you can transfer it 

The OP is sailing in November, so they are not at Final Payment yet. They pulled the trigger and not only made a reservation, but paid for it in full.... for some reason. 

They appeared to have read on the internet that you can get some perks using a TA, so are investigating what they can get. 

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The OP is sailing in November, so they are not at Final Payment yet. They pulled the trigger and not only made a reservation, but paid for it in full.... for some reason. 

They appeared to have read on the internet that you can get some perks using a TA, so are investigating what they can get. 

It doesn't matter if it is before final or not.  If it is paid in full it cannot be transferred. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SeaportMike said:

Correct I paid in full when I booked!

Might be a way around that if you find a TA and as long as you are under the 30 dsys since you booked it.

If you call and add prepaid gratuities to the booking it will no longer be paid in full and should be able to be transferred. 

8 hours ago, SeaportMike said:

Thanks!

Yes, good travel agents will offer you OBC and/or other perks for transferring your cruise to them. If they have group space your price could also be lower, but don't accept only the group rate. You should also get OBC or free specialty dining. Shop around for a TA who is happy emailing and will respond quickly or have someone else in the agency respond if they are off.

• Thanks 1