Speciality Dining on Behond , when can I book ?

Munsterguy

Hi all, 

We are booked on Beyond Panama Canal Holiday Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on Dec, 22nd. First time cruising on E class ships with Celebrity. We normally dine at least twice in their speciality restaurants , however I have read elsewhere  they fill up very quickly once they are available to book. My question is how far out from the sailing date does the option to book normally become available? Also, which  of these restaurants would you recommend, we both love steak and seafood !

Thanks so much  in advance for any assistance. 

John and Brenda 

• Like 1

I don't know if there is a hard and fast period when they become available, but we were on the Beyond last week and booked Eden in July 2022 -- so about 6 months before departure. Recommendations are difficult -- everyone is different. If you read a few threads you will find one person hated a particular restaurant and another on the same cruise loved it. 

I would think for seafood, it would be Raw on 5. 

For steak, Fine Cut Steakhouse, although we thought the the filet at Eden was excellent.

Our favorite was Eden, by a wide margin. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

They're released randomly, just keep checking in your cruise planner. 

I have cruises booked that have dining reservations available that are after those that do not.

I can't follow the rhyme or reason. 

My hubby says just book them all then we know for ourselves, where we will or won't book again.

He's such a problem solver 😁

Patty 

• Like 2

I cannot give you answer, but I would try to reserve as soon as you decide which restaurant(s) you want to go to and which nights. 

We were on the Beyond for its 1/8/22 sailing and we were in the Retreat so we were already eating well. For something different we went to Eden & Le Voyage. For us Eden was just okay, mainly just for the view; food nothing special.

Le Voyage on the other hand was outstanding both in food and over the top service. Just by accident we came across Captain Kate just a few feet from the entrance to Le Voyage (she was not going to Le Voyage). We talked to her for several minutes; what a nice lady. Really got the night off to a special start. Anyway, we are booked on an 11 night Beyond sailing this coming January (maybe right after yours??), and we plan on reserving two nights in Le Voyage. No interest in any others since once again we will be in the Retreat. 

I need to start checking Le Voyage availability for our trip soon as it does sellout early. Small restaurant with very limited seating so not surprising that it sells out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sptrout said:

BTW - - May not make any difference, but I made our reservations on Celebrity's website not via the App. Odd that our later cruise is open for dining reservations, but earlier sailings are not.

As far as the app goes, I learned last month on the Beyond, not to rely on it for accurate info of available specialty dining. One morning we decided to dine somewhere besides BLU. Wanted a bit of entertainment for dinner and looked at Le  Petite Chef on the app but it said no reservations available. I went down to The Grand Bistro and was able to book a table. Pre cruise I would definitely use the website to reserve and on the cruise visit the restaurant. 

• Like 1

We are sailing on the Beyond  in May and pre paid for 3 adults 4 speciality restaurants (we had to call to purchase the dining package)  and we asked when we can book our restaurants,  the lady (who seemed very knowledgeable) informed us that it couldn’t be done until we boarded. Reading this thread makes me nervous.  If we wait til we board,  will there be nothing available?  Can anyone who pre-purchased dining packages let me know if we too can try to book ahead of time!?  Complicating this is that we have two cabins and although we “linked them” they aren’t linked for dining or excursions!  Which makes things even harder…. Any advice appreciated!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jruns said:

We are sailing on the Beyond  in May and pre paid for 3 adults 4 speciality restaurants (we had to call to purchase the dining package)  and we asked when we can book our restaurants,  the lady (who seemed very knowledgeable) informed us that it couldn’t be done until we boarded. Reading this thread makes me nervous.  If we wait til we board,  will there be nothing available?  Can anyone who pre-purchased dining packages let me know if we too can try to book ahead of time!?  Complicating this is that we have two cabins and although we “linked them” they aren’t linked for dining or excursions!  Which makes things even harder…. Any advice appreciated!!

You can't book specialty dining until you board with a dining package. The Cel agent told you correctly. Le Voyage will not be included in any package and Eden will be super limited based on current information. Once you board you'll decide the days/times for specialties from what is left available. I understand they hold back some reservations but they also accommodate suite guests and aren't serving at full capacity because of staffing issues. This is the risk vs reward of buying a discounted package to those who pre book at the higher rate. 

Linking reservations won't set you up with dining/excursions together in the cruise planner but that's an easy fix, all parties book the same and then once on board let the dining staff know you're together. 

Hope this helps, 

Patty 

5 hours ago, Munsterguy said:

Beginning to wonder as this is a holiday cruise will they be charging more ? 

Who knows with pricing, at this point anything goes  🤑 

But for now I'd just keep watching. No need to be worried, like I said earlier I have sailings before others with no dining available. 

Patty 

CW2GO

Thank  you for your response!!  You really did help!  We will figure out a few days and times that work and try to book as soon as we board!  Do we go to each restaurant or is there a central booking spot we go to once on board to book restaurant reservations?  We weren’t going to get the package because we wanted the package for 3 nights which is no longer available but she kind of convinced us to go with the four but when she said we do it on board, she made it seem like everyone does it that way …. Not sure I would have booked the package but again thanks for your reply!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jruns said:

CW2GO

Thank  you for your response!!  You really did help!  We will figure out a few days and times that work and try to book as soon as we board!  Do we go to each restaurant or is there a central booking spot we go to once on board to book restaurant reservations?  We weren’t going to get the package because we wanted the package for 3 nights which is no longer available but she kind of convinced us to go with the four but when she said we do it on board, she made it seem like everyone does it that way …. Not sure I would have booked the package but again thanks for your reply!!

When checking in ask them where to make your dining reservations, I believe there will be one location for all but am not positive. It's common that's people have dining packages, you won't be the only one. I recommend going first thing. 

Patty 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:14 AM, Munsterguy said:

Hi all, 

We are booked on Beyond Panama Canal Holiday Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on Dec, 22nd. First time cruising on E class ships with Celebrity. We normally dine at least twice in their speciality restaurants , however I have read elsewhere  they fill up very quickly once they are available to book. My question is how far out from the sailing date does the option to book normally become available? Also, which  of these restaurants would you recommend, we both love steak and seafood !

Thanks so much  in advance for any assistance. 

John and Brenda 

We sail the Beyond on Dec. 1, 2023 & I booked Eden & Le Voyage on Dec. 28, 2022.

Also Chef's Table on Dec. 19, 2022.

So you should be able to book NOW.

Eden was fantastic on Apex & Edge, so it is a must do now.

With Le Voyage new to Beyond & fabulous reviews...again, had to try.

And loved Chef's Table on Carnival (tho TOO MUCH FOOD--eat half of everything next time...), so looking forward to it! 

(OBC covered Chef's Table & Le Voyage, so that helped!)

We are on Beyond July 17, 2023. I booked our first restaurants on 8/26/22. I had looked before that, not sure by how much, and they weren't available. I couldn't book Le Voyage until 11/20/22. The chef's table didn't show up until later, 1/27/23. I had been looking for it, but I am not sure how frequently.

4 hours ago, KKB said:

We sail the Beyond on Dec. 1, 2023 & I booked Eden & Le Voyage on Dec. 28, 2022.

Also Chef's Table on Dec. 19, 2022.

So you should be able to book NOW

Checking online and not with the app , still

not available to book. BA4F2720-6D01-4A0A-97DB-B5EE068DB0DA.thumb.png.8e9292ffe0951667cd07cd921b22d3a5.png

31 minutes ago, Munsterguy said:

Checking online and not with the app , still

not available to book. BA4F2720-6D01-4A0A-97DB-B5EE068DB0DA.thumb.png.8e9292ffe0951667cd07cd921b22d3a5.png

No idea! I checked the email confirmation dates on mine.

Id check daily…but I’m neurotic like that