New to RC

cbfb

Welcome to RC!  I sailed on Radiance on a cruise to Alaska.  I enjoyed the ship.  Depends what you're looking for.  It doesn't have the Aqua theatre or ice skating like on some other ships, but is very nice. 

Edited by moposh
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Considering a 5 night cruise out of Tampa. Is there much of a difference between regular balcony and deluxe? Any thoughts on Radiance of the Seas? Thanks so much for any help. 

Just go in knowing it's a older ship. Does tampa not have room under the bridge for newer ships? They seem to get more older ships than other ports. 

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just go in knowing it's a older ship. Does tampa not have room under the bridge for newer ships? They seem to get more older ships than other ports. 

The bridge is the issue with the newer ships.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Considering a 5 night cruise out of Tampa. Is there much of a difference between regular balcony and deluxe? Any thoughts on Radiance of the Seas? Thanks so much for any help. 

We were just on the Radiance for B2B2B.  The crew is amazing and the Captain is our favorite.  Enjoy!

We found the deluxe balcony stateroom to be noticeably bigger than the standard balcony stateroom. A standard stateroom is sufficient for us but we did see a difference in the deluxe. As for the Radiance itself, we loved the ship. While not as big as some of the other ships, the Radiance class has a "cozy" feel to it. We love the centrum area and the lounge/bar area aft on deck 6.

LOVE Radiance! (though I have only been on one cruise and it was Radiance haha) And I hope you have the best captain! (I know he is on vaca soon) But it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but the crew is great and there is just enough stuff for downtime as well as activity.  Very relaxing, and I know that the smaller ships usually go to more exciting ports as well, so much fun off the ship, and then you have a pleasant time on. 

2 hours ago, cbfb said:

FYI, Royal has recently made changes that degrade the experience.  Just something to consider in booking.

Thanks so much for all the responses. Yes, I knew the older, smaller ships are the only ones that can get under the Sky Bridge. I am really looking forward to doing that!!! I don’t mind an older ship at all. Many are very classy ladies!! Sounds like a deluxe might be the way to go but I’ll compare the prices and decide. 

• Like 1