Menu on Final Day of Cruise

mjschutte

Hello, First time Celebrity cruiser traveling on the Equinox July 8 for 8 night Eastern Carribbean itinerary.  With all the discussion of the menu changes as of the first of the year, and "lobster night" on these boards, I looked in our app for our nightly main dining room menus.

Lobster tail and Duck L'Orange (spelling?) ONLY show up on the main dining room dinner menu for "Day 9", which is the day we return to port back in Fort Lauderdale.  The cruise is over at that point and we have disembarked by that time (maybe some B2B, but I would assume their menu would be "Day 1" for the second sailing, right?).  Can someone answer why there is dinner menu for the evening of disembarkation?  Is this likely to change, or are we simply not going to have lobster tail...?  Seems really unfortunate to have an 8 night sailing, and they seemingly make the lobster available when no one can actually have it...  Or am I missing something?  Thanks in advance... 

Great. Thank you both for the quick responses.  Trying to determine which nights we're in port, which nights to do specialty.  Afraid if I wait too long, the specialty restaurants will be booked.  Thanks again!

Edited by mjschutte
additional comment

6 minutes ago, mjschutte said:

Great. Thank you both for the quick responses.  Trying to determine which nights we're in port, which nights to do specialty.  Afraid if I wait too long, the specialty restaurants will be booked.  Thanks again!

Just book the specialty if you want to do them.  Dont overthink the vacation.   

• Like 1

Hi!  You'll get more of an accurate idea if you look when the ship is sailing an 8-night itinerary.  If the ports and sea days match your itinerary then even better, for being more accurate.  The exact ports don't have to match but the days.  However, it may change for your cruise.  There is a usual pattern for first night, last night and chic night menus. 

To see what the current cruise has, simply choose that ship and sail date in your Celebrity App.   When looking at your cruise in the app or any future cruise, the menus/days may not align. For example, you have an 8-night cruise but there could currently be a 9-night cruise, so your cruise will show an extra night of menus.  Look to see when the next 8-night is and if the port/sea days match yours and that should be a more accurate idea of what you'll have...but be sure to look anytime during the time of that sailing, not beforehand.  

I am a big planner and like to choose specialty dining for nights we're not fond of the dining menus so I basically 'stalk' 😆 the menus.  I also don't want to miss something we like so I plan for that as well.  

What did we do when we just showed up without knowing?  😅  I for one like to have a plan so I enjoy the 'research'.  

Hope this helps.  

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

The app shows the menu for the most recent sailings.  We were on a 12N TA and the ship had been doing 7N sailing so  app showed all the dining venues as closed for days 8 - 13.  About 1 week before sailing the correct menus were loaded

• Like 1